Recognize This Doll? | Golden Skate

Recognize This Doll?

P

piddlediddle

Re: Recognize This Doll?

I think with the headpiece mathman is right, Sonja Henie.

S

sk8ing lady2001

It is Sonja Henie. Thank you for the wonderful picture! :D

B

Bleuchick

Sonja as a child or skater?

I

ik98

I have that photo on a postcard that I picked up in Quebec after viewing the doll on display! So it wouldn't be fair to guess! Annette

K

Kara Bear

Was that a musuem in Hull? I forget its name. I was there once a couple of years ago and they had a big display of skating dolls there...I have pictures somewheres...hmmmmmm..

I

ik98

Yep, Kara Bear it was the Museum of Civilization,Hull, Quebec, Canada. I was in Ottawa at the time it is just across the bridge. Lots of skating dolls there!

D

dlksk8fan

Lad is that a Barbara Ann Scott doll?

K

Kara Bear

Please tell us. I can't stand the suspense any longer. :D

B

Bleuchick

BINGO!

It is Barbara Ann Scott.

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4><font color="#C00060">Somehow, the face on that thing reminds me of Drew Barrymore, back when she was drinking.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Hey, Idle, look at my Drew Barrymore post a few before yours!!! Thanks for confirming that I haven't quite lost it ... yet!</span> :lol:

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4>How the hell did I miss that!?

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">I also think that the lady holding up the torch on I think Columbia pictures looks EXACTLY like Annet Benning!</span>

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4>And Nicole Bobek looks like Kate Hudson, but this is a whole other thread.

L

Ladskater

dlksk8fan wins!!! This is a Barbara Ann Scott doll. I found it on a Barbara Ann Scott web page. Thought I would have a little fun and at the same time learn how to load pictures on golden skate. Took a bit of doing!!

Ladskater