Due to Illness, I've Been Away For Awhile | Golden Skate

Due to Illness, I've Been Away For Awhile

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I used to post here quite a lot. Last year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer shortly after losing my mom last March. It's been quite the roller coaster year. I've battled my way through surgery, chemo and finally radiation. It's good to be on the other side of those horrible treatments. I'm on the mend but not quite back on my feet. I've been checking in to Golden Skate from time to time. I see there's been a lot of changes. I'm wondering what are the stars below our names? I'm sorry to hear we've lost some members of our group.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome back and so sorry to hear about you and your mom, but glad to hear you are on the mend!!

The stars represent the usergroup you are in (Promotion System) which you can find in Announcements/Feedback forum.

Last edited:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Thanks, great to be back. I'll check that out!

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Of course we remember you! 😘

(Another change since you were away is that we are able to have these giant emojis now, which help express intense emotions)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I used to post here quite a lot. Last year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer shortly after losing my mom last March. It's been quite the roller coaster year. I've battled my way through surgery, chemo and finally radiation. It's good to be on the other side of those horrible treatments. I'm on the mend but not quite back on my feet. I've been checking in to Golden Skate from time to time. I see there's been a lot of changes. I'm wondering what are the stars below our names? I'm sorry to hear we've lost some members of our group.

:ghug:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Myself, I remember You and the very moment I saw your thread about the illness You've been through - and I am glad that You got to the point of being back here. I found it very courageous and touching that You shared this story, personal battle here:ghug:. Hope You will find your feet stronger day after day, not rushing the recovery. All the best and real respect for being a fighter!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
:ghug: :luv17: so great to hear from you !! I actually thought of you recently so glad to know things are going well at this point. Did you watch Nationals at all?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So good to see you back. If I remember correctly, you're actually Canadian. That would jibe with your puzzlement over the pewter medal.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
So good to see you back. If I remember correctly, you're actually Canadian. That would jibe with your puzzlement over the pewter medal.

Yes, a Canadian gal for sure! The pewter medal at the US Nationals through me for a loop!

heyang

Record Breaker
Glad to see you back. Hope that all progresses well towards your long term health.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
God bless you ladskater. You must be excited to watch Gabby and Katelyn at the Olympics. I know I am and I’m from USA. Love them both and of course Patrick.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good to see you're back Ladskater. Hope you're feeling a little bit better and a little stronger each and every day.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome back Ladskater!

Of course, I remember you! I hope you are ready to cheer Team Canada on at the Olympic team event.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone for your support and kind comments! Yes, I was thrilled with team Canada's Gold medal team event at the Olympics, and Virtue and Moir's wonderful comeback winning Gold and for Kaetlyn Osmond's World title. Quite the year for Canadian skating! It's good to be back.