Will all but mens be gold and bronze battle | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Will all but mens be gold and bronze battle

Leppis

On the Ice
Osmond will do a "Yuna Kim". Never clean in both programs but will be at the biggest event.

That's strange, I would never call it doing a "Yuna Kim" by being clean in both programs :scratch2: She was amazingly consistent. Or to which season are you referring to?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's strange, I would never call it doing a "Yuna Kim" by being clean in both programs :scratch2: She was amazingly consistent. Or to which season are you referring to?

Huh? She has very rarely put two cleans programs in a competition before 2010 OG. And after 2010 OG she skated only at 4 big competitions (Worlds 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 OG). She made multiples mistakes at 2010 and 2011 worlds, went clean at 2013 worlds and 2014 OG. So i wouldn't call her amazingly consistent. The only difference between Kim and Osmond is that Kim could always medal if not win with her mistakes.

Leppis

On the Ice
Huh? She has very rarely put two cleans programs in a competition before 2010 OG. And after 2010 OG she skated only at 4 big competitions (Worlds 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2014 OG). She made multiples mistakes at 2010 and 2011 worlds, went clean at 2013 worlds and 2014 OG. So i wouldn't call her amazingly consistent. The only difference between Kim and Osmond is that Kim could always medal if not win with her mistakes.

Thanks for expanding your answer! Still, to my view, Yuna was more consistent and reliable bar from those two competitions you mentioned. But I understand your point a bit better now. The term "doing a Yuna Kim" just threw me off a bit :laugh:

Anyways, if Kaetlyn does two clean programs she's likely to medal. Although, I still think Kostner would be higher than her in the results if nailing both of her programs. But you never know what happens at the Olympics.

eggnogkitty

Match Penalty
I think there is a really strong chance that if Carolina is clean, she will medal. Judges love her and she now has a Lutz in her program and hopefully will add a triple-triple in both ones. And personally, i don't think Osmond will medal. She just doesn't have the nerves and almost never delivers two solid programs. I'd love to be wrong, though.

I think even clean (which she rarely is) Carolina medalling or not would depend on others making mistakes. Technically she is weaker than many others now, and her PCS arent that much higher than the other contenders to compensate. I agree she should be included amongst the contenders though.

I think Osmond is more likely to medal than Kostner right now. Yes Osmond probably wont skate clean, but Kostner is very unlikely to be clean either, and if both skate as they typically do Osmond would come out ahead (as well as if both were clean, Osmond would currently come out ahead as she is technically much stronger). Osmond will likely be well ahead after the short program too.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yes a clean Kostner with her 6 triples can be above Osmond. It will be close but she can. With 3lz no doubt that she will beat Osmond. Her TES will be in 73-75 and her PCS cosmics.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think even clean (which she rarely is) Carolina medalling or not would depend on others making mistakes. Technically she is weaker than many others now, and her PCS arent that much higher than the other contenders to compensate. I agree she should be included amongst the contenders though.
I think that a clean Osmond is the only threat to a clean Kostner. Satoko needs her fed to politicking as hell for the TP to be lenient on her jumps. Sotskova needs Medvedeva or Zagitova to skate before her and bomb. Her marks would be upped like heaven.

eggnogkitty

Match Penalty
I think that a clean Osmond is the only threat to a clean Kostner. Satoko needs her fed to politicking as hell for the TP to be lenient on her jumps. Sotskova needs Medvedeva or Zagitova to skate before her and bomb. Her marks would be upped like heaven.

Satoko fed already politicks the hell out of her. Look at her undeserved silver at the GPF last year over Anna P. who had an amazing program artistically and light years better jumps than Satoko. Look at all the uncalled jumps she gets. Granted at the GPF this year they were for once, so maybe that is changing, but they tend to be leanient on her underrotated and weak jumps when landed so that would be the norm. If it werent for Worlds being in the U.S in 2016 and missing worlds with injury last year I am sure she would be a 3 time world medalist today.

As for Sotskova her scores are already on the generous side too, particularly PCS. Although it could be different as Russian #3 with all 3 in the same event, who knows.