Starr Andrews | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Starr Andrews

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't seen any news on Starr lately! Is everything good? I assume she's going to be at Nationals.

Wombat1800

On the Ice
I haven't seen any news on Starr lately! Is everything good? I assume she's going to be at Nationals.

Yes she will be at nationals. But since her gp assignments were in October, she hasn't competed at a major competition in a while so there hasn't been much news on her.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Hello, I've just updated her OP. I've added all the videos I could find and details of all her results starting from 2015/16 season. Enjoy :)

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Yes! She changed back to the Whitney program!
I hope she receives a stellar program next season and gets to go to lots of events.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Starr to winning her first medal on the senior circuit! I hope this is the first of many wins for her, and the start of a great next season.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Starr won the silver medal at the 2019 Egna Spring Trophy. I included the links to both her programs in the OP. Congratulations!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoyed Starr’s skate today. Very sweet girl too.

elliana

On the Ice
So happy to see Starr competing in more events! I especially like her LP this year. Congrats to Starr and her coaching team for the continued improvement.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Post from On Ice Perspectives:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGvdruInE-e/

Also, her SP from Skate America:

It was going so well up until the Loop, but she recovered well, and her final spins were lovely.

And her FP:

A really nice skate from her, despite some hiccoughs with the jump landings.

Last edited:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Starr Andrews infuses Black culture into figure skating​

By Jason Lewis

The major story of this past year is the social justice movement, and like many young Black adults, figure skater Starr Jones has used her platform to showcase her pride in Black culture and to show that she is a part of the movement for equal justice.

Andrew’s performance to Mickey Guyton’s “Black Like Me” song has gone viral on social media, and she was thinking about the social justice movement as she created it.

“The performance was based on what Black people have been going through,” Andrews said. “I did that program to bring awareness. I chose the song 'Black like Me' because there aren’t a lot of skaters who are Black like me in the sport, so I thought that program was very important to bring awareness to that. When I was doing that program, the thought of equal rights and social injustice was always in the back of my mind.”

The reaction from social media commenters were very positive, with many people who do not typically follow figure skating falling in love with the performance.

“People really loved that program, and I was happy because that’s what I wanted them to feel,” Andrews said. “I wanted them to feel accepted into the sport. Even if they’re not a fan of figure skating, that they can watch that program and feel something for the sport.”

This isn’t the first time Andrews, who is 19 years old, has gone viral. She performed to Willow Smith’s “Whip My Hair” when Andrews was nine years old. That video has been viewed over 56 million times on her YouTube page.