Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Alysa Liu

3 Not allowed!

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz emerald View Post
    Who wants to watch Karen Chen bomb her combo over and over and skate to the same type of fiery music or blank paper wall Nagasu?
    Alysa is wonderful and inspiring, and I look forward to see her in the future. But was it really necessary to insult other girls? I want to watch Karen, and Mirai is anything but blank.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnystars View Post
    Impressive and I like music choice.

1 Not allowed!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKDbb8Cgm38

Alyssa's FS @ Broadmoor
    I'm assuming she was trying to do two 3As.
    Quite gutsy

2 Not allowed!
    The layout:
    3A+2T
    3A
    --
    3Lz+3T
    3F-1Lo-3S
    3Lo
    3Lz
    2A

I like it much more than Rika Kihira's layout, it's optimal. With this she can make quite a splash. It's too bad for her sake that she can't participate in juniors next season.

#СердцемСЗагитовой / #TeamTutberidze Spirals for Miles's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder if she'll change her layout with the new rules or not... because as it is, only the 3Lo, 3Lz, and 2A are getting backloaded points starting in July, and she's capable of so much more

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    I wonder if she'll change her layout with the new rules or not... because as it is, only the 3Lo, 3Lz, and 2A are getting backloaded points starting in July, and she's capable of so much more
    I am sure she will change it because her team is very strategic with her programs. Her coach has talked about matching their international rivals so I can't see her allowing these simpler(for her) jumps to be the ones getting the bonus

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Also, I do hope, now that it's happened twice, her team re-evaluates how Alysa should do her second 3a in the program. Singling out is major points loss and I assume she singles because she can't re-focus quickly enough after the first one, understandably. Great to see her land another one today tho

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I thought it was the first three jumps in the second half get the bonus. Sigh... I have to read the rule book again.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    I thought it was the first three jumps in the second half get the bonus. Sigh... I have to read the rule book again.
    It's the last three, and the last one in the short (as of now, that's her 3F)

Tripping on the Podium

6 Not allowed!
    Seems that Alysa attempted 3 different jumps at the Aerial challenge en route to becoming the champion. She landed a 3f-1/2lo-3sal, 3a-3t, and a 3a.

4 Not allowed!
    Last year, I correctly predicted that Bradie would be the national champion...
    now I'm predicting that Alysa will be the US Ladies' Champion 2019

Match Penalty

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinHondas View Post
    Seems that Alysa attempted 3 different jumps at the Aerial challenge en route to becoming the champion. She landed a 3f-1/2lo-3sal, 3a-3t, and a 3a.
    thanks for the update, really appreciate it. If you have video of it, please share

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    thanks for the update, really appreciate it. If you have video of it, please share
    Here. I could only find her 3A+3T.

https://instagram.com/p/BkYp3VMleWx/

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    I got this info from Aerial Challenge’s twitter! I don’t have any videos but seems another user provided the 3a-3t (looking good btw! 3a seems clean, 3t a bit UR)

Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I don't mean this to be critical because I think this kid is amazing, especially for how young she is, but do you think as she gets even stronger and more experienced her landing posture will improve? Her chest just seems a bit low to me when she lands, and if she's doing a combo she's having to really use her arms to get some momentum back. I don't know much about skating development, so I'm more just curious than anything else.

I think she has the potential to be a gem for US skating and I hope she continues to grow and excel. It'll be interesting to see how she fairs against Eteri's camp in the coming years.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperalvioletta View Post
    I don't mean this to be critical because I think this kid is amazing, especially for how young she is, but do you think as she gets even stronger and more experienced her landing posture will improve? Her chest just seems a bit low to me when she lands, and if she's doing a combo she's having to really use her arms to get some momentum back. I don't know much about skating development, so I'm more just curious than anything else.

I think she has the potential to be a gem for US skating and I hope she continues to grow and excel. It'll be interesting to see how she fairs against Eteri's camp in the coming years.
    Tbh I think (in general) her posture and lines are some of the best I've seen in 12-year-olds. There is no doubt it will get even better - and I definitely think it will contribute to a better landing posture too.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinHondas View Post
    I would say Ting Cui is also promising. 180+ score at Jr. worlds with two clean skates(besides a fluke fall).
    What about Elise freezer or something like that? The little girl who skated to Star wars. She looked promising too

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vesperalvioletta View Post

I personally would be more worried if it was more like Gubanova's...

Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I personally would be more worried if it was more like Gubanova's...
    True. It's not like she's doing a Konstantinova or anything, so I'm sure it'll get better in time as she gains more confident and her 3A becomes more consistent.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast