Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
See, I'm greedy -- I want the protocols AND good vids! :biggrin:
Good to hear that she is stabilizing up with the 3A and didn't pop it this time

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Happy Bday Alysa, now officially a teen:yahoo::hap57:

about the critics of Alysa's 3A in other places. I am not worried about her 3A.
But she is also practicing 4lutz and lutz is her fav jump. She seems really want to land the 4luz.
but Alysa's lutz jump is true toe-pick not the blade assisted loop like lutz jump that is quite popular among certain group of young Russian jump protoges. including the one that landed 4lutz.
I think maybe it will be more difficult for Alysa to land 4lutz. So no worries and do not put too much peer pressure on yourself, please be cautious and keep injury free. If one day Alysa indeed landed 4Lutz with pure toe-pick technique, she will have my utterly respect (and Nathan who:biggrin:)

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Happy Bday Alysa, now officially a teen:yahoo::hap57:

about the critics of Alysa's 3A in other places. I am not worried about her 3A.
But she is also practicing 4lutz and lutz is her fav jump. She seems really want to land the 4luz.
but Alysa's lutz jump is true toe-pick not the blade assisted loop like lutz jump that is quite popular among certain group of young Russian jump protoges. including the one that landed 4lutz.
I think maybe it will be more difficult for Alysa to land 4lutz. So no worries and do not put too much peer pressure on yourself, please be cautious and keep injury free. If one day Alysa indeed landed 4Lutz with pure toe-pick technique, she will have my utterly respect (and Nathan who:biggrin:)

Worddd, 4Lz is a lot harder when you're not using full-blade assist. Good luck Alysa, but please stay healthy:pray:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
^^Yeah, I think it might be a little early, but great to celebrate Alysa anyday :cheer:

Let's not be bashing others on this thread, please? Especially since this thread is dedicated to Alysa, who loves the skaters you love to bash...

I'm not bashing anyone, I'm saying that not having full-blade assist is going to make it more challenging and risky for Alysa. Also, there's a difference between not a fan of someone and not being a fan of a technique. Here in particular we are talking about a technique. No need to get insecure.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Let's not be bashing others on this thread, please? Especially since this thread is dedicated to Alysa, who loves the skaters you love to bash...

excuse me? I have never ever bashed "the skaters" ever.
in the specific post I only posted my concern and a possibility, and hope Alysa healthy and do not feel too much peer pressure and the reasoning for this.

As for the technique issue, did you see I bash "the skaters" in any words at all. I just stated a phenomena as it is. I didn't even give an opinion, the only concern I have is that, it maybe more difficult for Alysa to get the 4luz than "the skaters" due to technique difference.

And ofc, I have my own preference of lutz technique, that is the textbook technique represented by great skaters such as Nathan Chen, Boyang Jin, Yuzuru Hanyu and Yuna kim etc. I could also include some Russian skaters, Mikhail Kolyada etc.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Alysa is competing at regionals this weekend! She leads the senior ladies SP with 63.21, after popping her planned 3A entirely (A* in protocols) but everything else was clean! Good luck in the free, Alysa! :)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Congratulations on a win at Regionals Alysa. She landed the 3a in combo cleanly with +GOE. She completed a 4lutz< + a fall.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Congratulations on a win at Regionals Alysa. She landed the 3a in combo cleanly with +GOE. She completed a 4lutz< + a fall.

Gosh, if she lands the 4Lz and 3A+2T and completes a third combo at senior nationals... watch out, Bradie! :drama: