Australian Open 2018 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Australian Open 2018

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
FedEx on his way unstoppable!!! Defeated Berdych in straight sets 7-6, 6-3, 6-4. He advances to the Semifinal facing Chung Hyeon. Things are getting exciting guys!!

P.S. Roger advanced to the SF without losing a set, AGAIN!

this is a great testament of Roger's ability to focus and control not only his skill, but the one of his rivals, too - at that age, comparing him to maaaany younger players, his fitness and efficiency levels are simply amazing!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Berdych just... can't get it together against Fed. Anyways, here's hoping Fed gets to the finals and wins his 20th. The match with Chung will be fun!
And Halep has been playing great the past two matches. I thought she'd be too tired/injured after the match with Davis but her improved mental fortitude and fitness had been incredible. Hope she can go all the way this time. :pray:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Game, set and match Wozniacki! Game, set and match Halep!! This two great ladies will face each other in the FINAL!!! Whoever wins this will be their FIRST SLAM!!! It is also world no.1 vs world no.2!!

The last few games of the last set of Halep vs Kerber were intense!! They both had match points and saved them but Halep is the one who won it on the fourth one. It's gonna be exciting!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Game, set and match Wozniacki! Game, set and match Halep!! This two great ladies will face each other in the FINAL!!! Whoever wins this will be their FIRST SLAM!!! It is also world no.1 vs world no.2!!

The last few games of the last set of Halep vs Kerber were intense!! They both had match points and saved them but Halep is the one who won it on the fourth one. It's gonna be exciting!

I'm super excited for both Caroline and Simona, that finally one of them will be a Slam Champion! :cheer:

nolangoh

Record Breaker
Well, quite an unexpected ending to one of the men's singles semifinal. Chung Hyeon retires in the second set due to an injury (looks like a blister). Such a huge pity that he has to retire after coming this far. Roger is now in the FINAL facing Marin Cilic, this is the reincarnation of 2017 Wimbledon Final.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, quite an unexpected ending to one of the men's singles semifinal. Chung Hyeon retires in the second set due to an injury (looks like a blister). Such a huge pity that he has to retire after coming this far. Roger is now in the FINAL facing Marin Cilic, this is the reincarnation of 2017 Wimbledon Final.

Hope the final is good, since Cilic isn't injured and has been playing solid. Insane that everyone has been injured left and right, and yet 36 year old Fed is going strong.

nolangoh

Record Breaker
HUGE Congratulations to Caroline!!! Finally winning her first Slam title!!!! Defeated Halep 7-6, 3-6, 6-4. She will also be back to world no.1 after this match. Also a huge applause to Simona for making to another Slam Final, she will surely win one Slam very soon!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats to Caroline! Slam win and back to No.1! The match was good, solid game from both Ladies :)

nolangoh

Record Breaker
20th Slam. FedEx delivered! The legend speaks for himself. Congratulations!!!!! 21st on the way!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I love both Caroline and Roger, so thrilled for both! I am only sad I crashed and didn't see the match in real time! All that 4CC watching (not to mention staying up to watch 4CC and the women's final) caught up with me.