Figure skaters Look-alikes | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Figure skaters Look-alikes

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
My mom showed me this picture on Facebook of two people in a deli. One of them looked like Alissa Czisny. The other looked like an exact 50/50 hybrid of Daisuke Takahashi and Nobunari Oda, and if I hadn't seen the picture, I never would have believed that someone could look so equally like two people who pretty much look nothing alike. :shocked:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Channel 4 are currently showing a series about various archaeological excavations that are happening in Egypt, called "Secrets of Egypt's Valley of the Kings" (website). And one of the digs being featured in the second episode was being conducted by a Spanish university.

When they showed the excavation director of this dig, I felt a little confused because my immediate thought when I saw her was "she's Czech". And when she started talking I thought "yep, that's a Czech accent". The final confirmation came when they eventually put her name up on screen - Martina Bardoňová.

So, how did I know that she was Czech as soon as I saw her? Because she is the picture of Anna Dušková!

Martina (sorry, that's the best I could find)
Anna

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
have i ever said anything about maxim kovtun and alxander enbert looking like brothers?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I saw such a Sofia Samodurova lookalike at work the other day. Did a double-take and nearly walked into a pole. :laugh:

EDIT: Now I can't look at that pole without having to suppress a giggle. I hereby dub it Sofia Samodurova Pole.

I saw her again at the store near my workplace about two hours after I watched Sofia live at Worlds halfway around the globe. It freaked me out for a split second, it was like she teleported. :laugh: Unbelievable how much the girl looks like her, although I think the girl might be a bit older.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Channel 4 are currently showing a series about various archaeological excavations that are happening in Egypt, called "Secrets of Egypt's Valley of the Kings" (website). And one of the digs being featured in the second episode was being conducted by a Spanish university.

When they showed the excavation director of this dig, I felt a little confused because my immediate thought when I saw her was "she's Czech". And when she started talking I thought "yep, that's a Czech accent". The final confirmation came when they eventually put her name up on screen - Martina Bardoňová.

So, how did I know that she was Czech as soon as I saw her? Because she is the picture of Anna Dušková!

Martina (sorry, that's the best I could find)
Anna

CaroLiza_fan

Just a footnote to add that Martina was on the final (fourth) episode of the series as well.

Right, this one is going to be very cryptic.

Last week, I watched a video of my current skating crush, but from way back when she was 14. And I had to do a double take. Because, much to my surprise, back then she was the picture of the skater that I had a crush on at that time! :shocked: To the extent that, had my previous crush not been too old for a Novice level competition by then, I would have sworn that the video had been mis-labelled.

The irony is, they look very different to each other now. Well, my previous crush looks exactly the same now as she always has. But my current crush has changed a lot in the intervening years.

I didn't realise that I had a type when it came to skaters, but it seems I do...

CaroLiza_fan

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Whenever I watch The Bold Type I always think that Katie Stevens should play Tessa Virtue in the inevitable V/M biopic

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
I recently realized that Kaitlyn Weaver looks like the actress January Jones!

xabia

On the Ice
In a different thread I was saying how I think that Maria Sotskova looks a lot like Ivanka Trump, and I've also read a lot of times that Tatiana Volosozhar looks like Angela from The Office. I also think Tessa Virtue does resemble both Kate Middleton and a young Nicole Kidman (esp now that I've seen her doing her Moulin Rouge :biggrin:)

... who do you think are other lookalikes of our favorite skaters?

Just look at a young Gore Vidal - it could be Adam Rippon!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=G...UIECgD&biw=1366&bih=619#imgrc=XtqAAwk17Ls6VM:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone else here think that the current Jeopardy! Champion looks like a younger Elvis Stojko?