Figure skaters Look-alikes | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Figure skaters Look-alikes

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I've kept saying this but to my eyes, boyish and mischievous looking Jean-Luc Baker resembles young Luke Skywalker a lot portrayed by Mark Hamill. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I've kept saying this but to my eyes, boyish and mischievous looking Jean-Luc Baker resembles young Luke Skywalker a lot portrayed by Mark Hamill. :)

How ironic that he is named after a character from Star Trek!

(For those that didn't know: yes, I'm being serious!)

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
How ironic that he is named after a character from Star Trek!

(For those that didn't know: yes, I'm being serious!)

CaroLiza_fan

At first I thought you joked about the naming, so I googled it and you're right. lol.

We got to the bottom of the rumor that Baker was named after the Star Trek captain Jean-Luc Picard.

"My parents weren't fans of the show," he said, "The were going to name me Jean-Claude, but they heard about the TV character and they liked the name."

1/7/14 by Sarah S. Brannen and Drew Meekins, icenetwork

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At first I thought you joked about the naming, so I googled it and you're right. lol.

Interesting! Because what he is telling an American audience in the interview you found is a different version of the story to what his Mum is telling to a British audience!

Jean-Luc was born in Burnley in Lancashire, the son of the November 1985-1988 British ice dance champion and 1988 Olympic competitor Sharon Jones, and her husband, Steve Baker, who is a past British Junior Pair Champion, and competed in the Junior World Pair Championship.

And, yes, Jean-Luc was named after the fictional Captain of the Enterprise, Jean-Luc Picard. His dad was a great fan of the popular television series, Star Trek. His mom never watched the show but was looking for a name that stood out from the run of the mill.

She explained, “He was born before we’d decided on a name, so there was pressure on us to make the decision. I knew nothing about the show but the name sounded romantic.”

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/2015111...wayek-and-Jean_Luc-Baker-Lake-Placid-2014.pdf

I'm still surprised that Sharon let Steve get away with it. But, it is a good sounding name, so I'm glad she liked it!

CaroLiza_fan

Tutto

Record Breaker
Kolyada is mentioned quite a few times here, but anyone thinks he looks like Dame Judi Dench? It was suggested by some Japanese fans a good while ago and I thought it was mad first but then I saw some likeness :laugh:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Kolyada is mentioned quite a few times here, but anyone thinks he looks like Dame Judi Dench? It was suggested by some Japanese fans a good while ago and I thought it was mad first but then I saw some likeness :laugh:

:rofl:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

:laugh: I can see it when they smile now when you mentioned it.:sad4:

Icix

Rinkside
Kolyada and Leonardo di Caprio (when he was a kid)
Scott Moir and Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon

all that

Final Flight
Christ is never drawn with a recessive chin. ;)

And in real life, he looked like a 30 year old Jewish guy.

So no.

How many 30 year old Jewish guys do you know? Because in real life, I know many, and they don't all look the same.

But that's neither here nor there. There are plenty of different conceptions of what Christ looked like, and Guillaume looks like a lot of them, imo.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it already, but I've always thought that Eteri Tutberidze bears a striking resemblance to Minnie Driver :confused2:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I am surprised that Alina looked like so many people in this thread but no one mentioned Natalie Portman. The first time I saw her in 2016 at her first JGP event, I immediately thought she looks like Natalie Portman. That's before she skates to Black Swan.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I got another one: Anna Shcherbakova looks like Alexandra Proklova and Vera Bazarova. By the way, did Vera retire?