2018 Olympics: Figure Skating Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympics: Figure Skating Entries

asiacheetah

On the Ice
I'm guessing France will choose Mae Berenice over Laurine after she's beaten her in both national and European. It's really too bad. I really like Laurine, but she melted down this season.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm guessing France will choose Mae Berenice over Laurine after she's beaten her in both national and European. It's really too bad. I really like Laurine, but she melted down this season.

They have better choose MBM. She also beat Laurine at IdF so Laurine is 0-3 against MBM.

Olympic

On the Ice
Has anyone heard anything about Boyang Jin and his selection for the Olympics? Or is he still injured?

Yes. Interested to know if he has fully recovered. IIRC, he had 2 sprained ankles in December (?) I guess we will see at 4CCs this week.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I read somewhere on here that Hungary confirmed Ivett Toth as the nomination but I don't have a source.
Also: hope Mae Berenice is nominated! and that the Swedish Olympic Committee isn't stupid and submits Anita's name

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
It looks like China, France, Finland, and Sweden still haven't been fully announced or announced at all. Man, what are they waiting for?

Andrea82

Medalist
It looks like China, France, Finland, and Sweden still haven't been fully announced or announced at all. Man, what are they waiting for?

Finland Skating Association has submitted Emmie Peltonen to their Olympic Committe for approval: "The Finnish Figure Skating Association makes a presentation to the Olympic Committee on Sunday 21 January. The Finnish Olympic Committee will make its decision on 24 January. "

https://www.stll.fi/2018/01/20/emmi-peltonen-karkikymppiin-em-kisoissa/

Sweden's decision will be known on Tuesday. Problem is that their Olympic Committe has some very high standards. They asked Majorov to score 258 points this season to send him. Skaters will know their fate tomorrow.

France was supposed to decide Lady and second Ice Dance spot after Euros. Lauriault/Le Gac have written on facebook that they received the news last night: they have been selected.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Finland Skating Association has submitted Emmie Peltonen to their Olympic Committe for approval: "The Finnish Figure Skating Association makes a presentation to the Olympic Committee on Sunday 21 January. The Finnish Olympic Committee will make its decision on 24 January. "

https://www.stll.fi/2018/01/20/emmi-peltonen-karkikymppiin-em-kisoissa/

Sweden's decision will be known on Tuesday. Problem is that their Olympic Committe has some very high standards. They asked Majorov to score 258 points this season to send him. Skaters will know their fate tomorrow.

France was supposed to decide Lady and second Ice Dance spot after Euros. Lauriault/Le Gac have written on facebook that they received the news last night: they have been selected.
Great to know! Thanks.

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Does anyone know what Ashley Wagner is tweeting about? Is she going?

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland

Yes I heard this too and find it rediculous that they expect score no worse than top 8 spots from last Worlds (which is where that number comes from). :confused::confused:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker

If Sweden doesn't send a lady, will Armenia send Galustyan? I wonder if she would be ready/able, as she withdrew from Euros?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Sweden doesn't send a lady, will Armenia send Galustyan? I wonder if she would be ready/able, as she withdrew from Euros?

I don't think Galustyan is skating. She said that CoR was her last event of the season and somewhere I saw it being posted that she was participating in one of the many shows in Russia. Found some pics of her show skating:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdlFN9eh0GI/?hl=en&taken-by=anastasiagalustyan
https://www.instagram.com/p/BdubEJDhO6b/?hl=en&taken-by=anastasiagalustyan

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland

Alexander Majorov just annouced on his Instagram than Olympics are a NO for him so they must be a no for the ladies. I think this is so stupid of the Swedish Olympic committee.