2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have a free place to stay with family in the area and can easily drive there each day but the ticket prices are crazy IMO. I might try to make the SP’s or something but I’m still not sure. I mean...I still haven’t even been to a Wings game there yet. I guess some of it will depend on my friends at this point.

I’ve missed Biggby Coffee!!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any definitive list out on skating participants?

That won’t happen until much closer to the comp. Many skaters will have byes, but some will need to qualify.

And of course, unfortunately, we may have injuries :sad21:

noskates

Record Breaker
Having been to more than several US Championships, if you're on the fence as to whether to go or not - GO if at all possible. It's really so much fun and be sure and catch the Junior competitions to see who the up and comers are.

macy

Record Breaker
New info on single session tickets, which were supposed to go on sale October 1st-

http://2019uschampionships.com/single-session-tickets/

However, there is only 1 link to ticketmaster under all session tickets, which says there are no tickets available. i also went to ticketmaster.com separately and searched 2019 us figure skating championships, and it says there are no tickets available. not sure whats going on.

macy

Record Breaker
just bought my tickets!! i'm going to see mens SP/pairs free and ladies free :yes2:

macy

Record Breaker
also...anyone know if they sell practice tickets for senior events?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
What is the average dollar amount if I just wanted a pretty good / ok seat for ladies free skate Friday night, please?

macy

Record Breaker
What is the average dollar amount if I just wanted a pretty good / ok seat for ladies free skate Friday night, please?

I got mine for $35/seat. They're on the corner where it straightens to the side, near the kiss and cry, 2nd row up from where it's blocked off for officials. i think of what was remaining on the ends/sides ranged from about $55-$75 the closer you are to the ice, but lots remained that were cheaper.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
also...anyone know if they sell practice tickets for senior events?

FYI, b/c you applied to be a volunteer:

I don't know what will happen in 2019, but at 2018 Nats, one of the perks for volunteers was free access to practices.

Leading up to 2018 Nats, there was a ton of confusion and mixed signals (depending on which LOC and/or USFS person was asked) as to whether this perk in fact would be granted. Luckily, in the end, it was.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2019. :pray:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I got mine for $35/seat. They're on the corner where it straightens to the side, near the kiss and cry, 2nd row up from where it's blocked off for officials. i think of what was remaining on the ends/sides ranged from about $55-$75 the closer you are to the ice, but lots remained that were cheaper.
Thanks. 😁 I’m hopeless when it comes to ordering and buying online. If I can I’ll just drop by the box office at the Arena this weekend and buy them there. Is that allowed?

macy

Record Breaker

I don't know what will happen in 2019, but at 2018 Nats, one of the perks for volunteers was free access to practices.

Leading up to 2018 Nats, there was a ton of confusion and mixed signals (depending on which LOC and/or USFS person was asked) as to whether this perk in fact would be granted. Luckily, in the end, it was.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2019. :pray:

awesome thanks!

i wonder why you can buy practice tickets for skate america but not the senior events at nationals?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
awesome thanks!

i wonder why you can buy practice tickets for skate america but not the senior events at nationals?

AFAIK, the same is true for both Skate America and U.S. Nats:

It is not possible to make a separate purchase of tickets only for one or more practice sessions.

All-event tickets do include access to almost all of the practice sessions.​

AFAIK.

macy

Record Breaker
AFAIK, the same is true for both Skate America and U.S. Nats:

It is not possible to make a separate purchase of tickets only for one or more practice sessions.

All-event tickets do include access to almost all of the practice sessions.​

AFAIK.

hmm interesting. i attended SA in 2013 and we did see all events, so that was probably why we got to watch practices. bummer they don't sell them separately.

Gusmom

Rinkside

question re volunteering. I applied but can find nothing about perks. I did ask about shuttles (since it affects were I stay) & was surprised that they said there would be no shuttles for volunteers given the large distance between downtown/secondary & the main arena. I guess we were spoiled when I was in Boston. Is this the norm? My husband had a work trip come up that week so I'm now on the fence but knowing volunteer expectations/perks might help decide what is feasible.I'd really like to not have to rent a car but if no shuttle, I might have to.

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks. �� I’m hopeless when it comes to ordering and buying online. If I can I’ll just drop by the box office at the Arena this weekend and buy them there. Is that allowed?

Not only is it allowed you'll save a bunch of money. The Ticketmaster fees are almost as much as the ticket price. Highway robbery IMHO.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
question re volunteering. I applied but can find nothing about perks. I did ask about shuttles (since it affects were I stay) & was surprised that they said there would be no shuttles for volunteers given the large distance between downtown/secondary & the main arena. I guess we were spoiled when I was in Boston. Is this the norm? ...

Sorry, but I have not done enough volunteering for USFS to make a judgment as to what would or would not be a norm regarding shuttle availability for volunteers.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
a bit off topic but since there's no thread - when will 2020 nationals be announced?