2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what is the deal with the screwed up schedule for Nationals this year? Usually the ladies skate on Thurs and Sat and the men on Fri and Sun. Not only that but the ladies don't have an off day in between the SP and LP and the men's SP group is being split into two groups? This schedule is all over the place. :confused:

b-man

Final Flight
USFS usually publishes an extremely detailed color coded schedule which covers every event and every practice. Does anyone have a link to this?

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Entry list has updated on January 7th. Seems like Gracie will not withdraw, but Karen Chen is still on the list. Didn’t Karen withdraw last week? (It was updated Monday).

melgirl25

Medalist
I hope Bradie wins. I’m actually looking forward to seeing her programs and how they have progressed. She continues to work with Benoit throughout the season.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Entry list has updated on January 7th. Seems like Gracie will not withdraw, but Karen Chen is still on the list. Didn’t Karen withdraw last week? (It was updated Monday).

She announced that she will withdraw, but maybe she hasn't done so officially yet. If she said she won't be there because she's still recovering from her injury, she won't participate.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got an email today from USFS regarding the Hall of Fame Reception, the Memorial Fund reception, and the FOFS brunch. I already know about the last one, but what about the first two? Anyone recommend or not recommend them?

janetliz

Rinkside
Has anyone seen any information for camera and/or bag rules? I have searched, but didn't find any current information.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone seen any information for camera and/or bag rules? I have searched, but didn't find any current information.

Maximum bag size is 14X14X6, no hard sided bags. There is a camera policy for the arena but it states it may vary by event. Sorry I can't directly link it because of the wonky way it is set up, but if you go to the arena website http://www.olympiaentertainment.com/venue/little-caesars-arena-2 and click on "A-Z guide" a book looking sort of thing will come up. Bring your magnifying glass if you have old eyes like me.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Discounted tix available on Groupon. Some of the discounts are minimal....others are better. Discount for men's free was quite decent.
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-20...2019?utm_source=&utm_campaign=UserReferral_ma

Also if you have Ebates you can get 6% back, but they don't offer rebates on Ticketmaster anymore I don't think, if so it is 1%. I assume everyone uses Ebates already, but if you don't and want a referral PM me. Thanks much for this as I hadn't bought my junior tickets yet.

b-man

Final Flight
According to an email from Little Caesars Arena, all-event ticket holders will not be allowed to watch the practices at the secondary rink in the basement of Little Caesars Arena. This rink has 300 seats, so it doesn't seem problematic to allow spectators. Most of the Thurs-Sun practices are at the secondary rink, so we would be missing out on a lot. I emailed the director of the Friends of Figure Skating to ask if he could speak to the Events staff about changing this policy. If anyone would like to email the events coordinator to lend more voices to this complaint, the address is [email protected]. The more the merrier!

I took your advice today and sent a complaint to the address you linked. I shortly received a one sentence answer, that all event ticket holders would be admitted to all practice sessions!

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I took your advice today and sent a complaint to the address you linked. I shortly received a one sentence answer, that all event ticket holders would be admitted to all practice sessions!

I hope that's true! I had gotten the same response the first time I emailed them, and then subsequently when I spoke to the director of FOFS he said we weren't going to be allowed into the practice rink at LCA. The marketing team claimed there weren't enough seats and there were no concessions (who cares?). I hope I won't be having an argument with USFS personnel at the door of the rink. :curse:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can we do a roll call of whom will be attending US Nationals? It would be great to meet up with many of you! :ghug:

b-man

Final Flight
I hope that's true! I had gotten the same response the first time I emailed them, and then subsequently when I spoke to the director of FOFS he said we weren't going to be allowed into the practice rink at LCA. The marketing team claimed there weren't enough seats and there were no concessions (who cares?). I hope I won't be having an argument with USFS personnel at the door of the rink. :curse:

I will bring a copy of the email that says attendance is permitted. It's not signed by an individual, just Events Department, USFS.

b-man

Final Flight

I have used a DSLR the last 8 Nationals, with a 250mm lenses 6 inches long, and 95% of the time have had no problems. If you use an interchangeable lens longer than that, you may have problems. You are not to disturb people sitting next to you, so I often shoot at practices/warmups and just watch the actual competition.