2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019 U. S. Figure Skating Championships

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
What if I just want to go to the ice dance sd and free dance, and the ladies sp and free skate? Would it be cheaper to just get a whole weekend pass ? But..... that doesn’t include short programs for ladies and ice dance, does it?

macy

Record Breaker
What if I just want to go to the ice dance sd and free dance, and the ladies sp and free skate? Would it be cheaper to just get a whole weekend pass ? But..... that doesn’t include short programs for ladies and ice dance, does it?

you will probably have to wait until september to see what the single session tickets go for. i probably will do the same since the weekend package is expensive. i just hope they won't sell out by then in case i opt to go that way.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
you will probably have to wait until september to see what the single session tickets go for. i probably will do the same since the weekend package is expensive. i just hope they won't sell out by then in case i opt to go that way.

Thanks! Hope u get to go too😄

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, basing my going on whether or not Gracie will be there because I want to see her that much, if she completes her GP assignment does she have to qualify for Nationals through the qualification process (sectionals, etc)? Also, I can only afford the nosebleed seats, (I have a disability so I swap them out for handicapped seats but those are still a long way away and were hard to come by in Kansas City - I hope Detroit is better in this aspect) and I want to throw her flowers, I can't get down there fast enough, and I can't throw them far enough from where I have to sit. Any suggestions? I know they have to be wrapped, do you have to buy them there or can you carry them in? Anyone with familiarity with Detroit know a cheapish hotel that is still easy to get to the venue via uber or shuttle? Yall have no idea how excited I am. I feared I would never see her skate again.

narcissa

Record Breaker
So, basing my going on whether or not Gracie will be there because I want to see her that much, if she completes her GP assignment does she have to qualify for Nationals through the qualification process (sectionals, etc)? Also, I can only afford the nosebleed seats, (I have a disability so I swap them out for handicapped seats but those are still a long way away and were hard to come by in Kansas City - I hope Detroit is better in this aspect) and I want to throw her flowers, I can't get down there fast enough, and I can't throw them far enough from where I have to sit. Any suggestions? I know they have to be wrapped, do you have to buy them there or can you carry them in? Anyone with familiarity with Detroit know a cheapish hotel that is still easy to get to the venue via uber or shuttle? Yall have no idea how excited I am. I feared I would never see her skate again.

If she skates at CoR then no, I believe she will not need to skate at regionals and sectionals.

princessalica

Final Flight
If she skates at CoR then no, I believe she will not need to skate at regionals and sectionals.

If she skates at cor she will get an international bye to nationals. In fact sectionals and cor are the same weekend, so there would be no way for her to compete at sectionals and therefore no reason to compete at regionals. Likewise if she were to get skate America it would coincide with the North Atlantic regional

macy

Record Breaker
for those of you who attended nationals the last few years, do you have any idea if championship weekend tickets sell out? if they do, how long does it take for them to sell out?

also, can anyone give a ballpark estimate on how much single session tickets typically go for?

ideally i want to get a championship weekend package, but i want to wait to see how much single session tickets are and if i can save some money by attending 3 ish events. i just don't know if they will sell out by late september by the time single session tickets go on sale.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
for those of you who attended nationals the last few years, do you have any idea if championship weekend tickets sell out? if they do, how long does it take for them to sell out?

also, can anyone give a ballpark estimate on how much single session tickets typically go for?

ideally i want to get a championship weekend package, but i want to wait to see how much single session tickets are and if i can save some money by attending 3 ish events. i just don't know if they will sell out by late september by the time single session tickets go on sale.

I was in San Jose this past January and there were plenty of empty seats during the senior comps, maybe less so during the ladies freeskate. I don't know what Detroit is going to be like, though.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What to do, what to do...I have no experience driving in snow or ice. So I guess driving is out. Maybe take the train? Don't airports close in blizzards?

I'm not sure where you would be driving from, but I live in the Chicago area and will not risk driving. It COULD be fine, but it could also be treacherous.

My plan right now is to buy my ticket in advance for the first senior event and (most likely) the ladies' events. All other tickets, I will purchase them at the box office in person. I have been to 4 Nationals, and so far the ladies' have always been the most popular, but they have never been completely sold out.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

All I can comment on is Kansas City. Some of the long programs were packed and I was not able to get a handicapped seat for the ladies long, which has actually never happened to me at any sporting event. They remarked they did not know so many handicapped people would want to watch figure skating:confused:. The short programs as I remember it were all ok. I bought the championship weekend pass but it included the ladies short and ice dance. The problem with single session tickets is that the Ticketmaster fees are so outrageous. I bought individual tickets at Worlds and the Ticketmaster fees were about 1/3 the price of EACH TICKET. If you know someone who lives in Detroit and can actually go to the arena and buy them or are willing to wait and take a chance and buy them on site it will be much cheaper. I doubt the ladies short and ice dance short will sell out. But I don't know the size of the arena and I'd hate to steer you wrong. I know people were buying individual tickets to short programs at worlds on site, but that was a huge arena.

Speaking of Detroit, does anyone know any hotels that are cheaper than the "official" hotels and still safe and relatively near the arena? I used to split with my sister before she passed but now I have to pay the whole thing and those hotels are EXPENSIVE.

mrrice

Record Breaker
If she skates at cor she will get an international bye to nationals. In fact sectionals and cor are the same weekend, so there would be no way for her to compete at sectionals and therefore no reason to compete at regionals. Likewise if she were to get skate America it would coincide with the North Atlantic regional

Is Gracie on the alternate list for Skate America? I imagine the host would give her their pick if she's in decent shape. What's the deadline date? When will we know if Gracie gets SA?

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I'll have just been back in Michigan in December to visit my parents so won't be able to go back that quickly- at least I'm on the west coast and get to go to Skate America!

I am excited for everyone who gets to see Detroit (my old haunt, it's where I went to grad school). It's a cool city!

I second being careful about winter weather. When I visit Michigan in the summer I fly into Chicago or Detroit and drive to my parents, but in the winter I fly into Grand Rapids which is a smaller airport (aka more $$$$) but it's worth it to not have to worry about road conditions since it's much closer.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll have just been back in Michigan in December to visit my parents so won't be able to go back that quickly- at least I'm on the west coast and get to go to Skate America!

I am excited for everyone who gets to see Detroit (my old haunt, it's where I went to grad school). It's a cool city!

I second being careful about winter weather. When I visit Michigan in the summer I fly into Chicago or Detroit and drive to my parents, but in the winter I fly into Grand Rapids which is a smaller airport (aka more $$$$) but it's worth it to not have to worry about road conditions since it's much closer.

Ugh, see people told me it would be fine to drive...I don't fly...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Does anyone have the code for the Championship Weekend packages?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may. I like the option of having a car when I'm there, and we have a very small train station which will only allow me to take the luggage on I can physically carry myself. Does anyone know if there will be shuttles from the official event hotels or is anyone willing to split Uber costs?

mrrice

Record Breaker
How are our Men looking this summer? I'm quite interested in the new Seniors?