1. P/C sd
2. Aliev lp
3. Medvedeva sp
4. Kostner sp
5. Zagitova lp

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Papadakis/Cizeron FD - All the feels, magnificient, it's like a dream :dance2:

Carolina Kostner SP - Pure class, talk about living your program and not performing :clap:

Dmitri Aliev LP - Such sensitivity and care for the music :eek:

Alina Zagitova SP - Amazing when clean ! :hap36:

Javier Fernandez LP - Brilliant even with mistakes, what a performer :cheer:

Extremely Honorable mentions : James/Cipres SP (edgy and relatable), Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen SD (they look like a vintage young couple coming from the 60s), Javier SP (again, a treat to watch), Hurtado/Diaz FD (I hope future Euros medallists), Guignard/Fabbri FD (wow, the best they skated), Lauriault/Le Gac FD (the Queen medley is rocking from me, and they got an Olympic spot !).

cell

On the Ice
Guignard & Fabbri FD
Hurtado & Khaliavin SD
Hurtado & Khaliavin FD
Kostner SP
Papadakis/Cizeron FD

Other:
(also F-B & S FD)

I enjoyed Aliev's LP as well, but I feel like this program could have much better choreography

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1. Javier Fernandez SP/FS & consecutive 6th Euro title
2. Carolina Kostner SP - 3F-3T!!!!
3. Hurtado & Khaliavin SD/FD - Euro podium contenders someday. Kirill is absolutely fabulous. :love:
4. Papadakis & Cizeron FD
5. Ziegler & Kiefer's big improvement

Honorable mention:
* Mae-Berenice Meite going to Pyeongchang. :)
* James & Cipres SP
* Marchei & Hotarek SP/FS
* Fournier Beaudry & Sorensen FD
* Stepanova & Bukin SD
* Dmitri Aliev FS and his silver
* Guignard & Fabbri FD - hope that they win a medal in major events before they retire
* Zagitova winning over Medvedeva - amused by the same occurring pattern in history. :)

Worst
The judges in the pairs event
The judges in the ladies event

GGFan

Record Breaker
I already know I will forget several things. In no particular order:

1. Laurence Fournier Beaudry and Nikolaj Sorensen SD & FD: Their packaging is superb! :yahoo: Their programs are well constructed and this weekend they were the cleanest I've seen them this season. Their connection and hotness :love: I will be rewatching these performances during the Olympics since they'll be there in my heart!

2. Dmitri Aliev FP: I am always happy to be proven wrong! When I heard Build a Home earlier this season, I just :rolleye: But this young man gave the performance of the free. That back, those quads, his commitment to the performance :clap:

3. Javier Fernandez SP: I did not warm up to this program right away. I felt like Javi had grown past it. However, as the season went on I could not deny it's beauty. The subtlety of the moves, the maturity of his presentation, and the way he really milks the highlights now is just first rate :luv17:

4. Carolina Kostner SP: The crazy part is that I do not like this program as much as her free (no comment on the latter). The Celine version of this kind of bugs, but she overcame that and killed it! Her jumps, flow, and musicality were on full display! :bow:

5. Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres SP: It was such a breath of fresh air having them back! :dance: Their style, heat, and presentation just give me all the feels. They're satisfying to watch on a visceral level.

Honorable mentions: P/C' flow over the ice (it's already legendary), Alina's combos and rippons, Sara and Kirill surprising me by how good they were, G/F power and his strength, Phillip Harris' unique choreography and sense of style.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dima's SP and FS, of course!!! Not only did he execute them almost flawlessly, but all the circumstances leading up to the event, and the high stakes involved, and him beating the other Russian guys so handily, just made it 10x sweeter. A true breakthrough performance for the ages.:luv17:

Deniss SP & FS - his first small medal, his brilliant performance skills...what else is there to say? The SP was especially great. He owned that ice!

Javi SP & FS - well, they're not my favorite programs (esp. Chaplin), but I was glad to see him in better form again and showing what a real balanced men's skater should look like. Not perfect, but definitely better than most of what the top men have put out this season.

Evgenia's FS - I don't care about silver, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. She did everything she could after an injury & showed what a real fighter looks like.

James/Cipres SP

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
1) Alina + Zhenya drama
2) Alina FS + Zhenya graciousness at awards + Zhenya+TAT
3) J/C SP
4) Dima FS + Loena FS
5) Deniss SP

GGFan

Record Breaker
Deniss SP & FS - his first small medal, his brilliant performance skills...what else is there to say? The SP was especially great. He owned that ice!

Such an oversight on my part :clap: I'll add in Lambiel to the package of awesomeness :yahoo:

Winry

On the Ice
-James and Cipres SP - make it rain !! They should have been silver :gaah:
-Padadakis and Cizeron FP - mezmerizing
-Evgenia FP - still a queen for me, really impressive performance after that injury
-Javier SP - the men event of European is gonna be so low level without him...
-Marchei and Ontarek SP - most funny program of the season

Viiktoruu

On the Ice
1. Evgenia's FS - breathtaking new dress, wonderful musicality and expressiveness as always + what was really special is what came after the performance: she showed such dignity and good sportsmanship, never showed signs of weakness and held her head up high! That made me appreciate her even more. A class act if you've ever seen one :cheer2:

2. Dmitri's FS - a new Russian star is born. If he manages to train more quads he will go very very very far in the years to come.

3. Stepanova & Bukin SD - I'm not a fan of the first part, but I'm crazy about the second faster section of the program. How do you not dance along to it :laugh: And Bukin singing along at the beginning of the NtMiSt is just precious :biggrin:

4. Papadakis & Cizeron SD - I really grew to like this program throughout the season. They know how to sell it :gclap: {And at least in the SD their scores are justified}

5. Deniss' spins - like wow.

- I found the pairs to be extremely underwhelming :/

LaArdilla

Medalist
In no particular order:

-Javier's 6th consecutive gold medal and a fantastic SP
-P/C's 4th consecutive gold medal and a mesmerising FD
-Evgenia's clean-ish FS! Silver or not, she overcame her injury and showed what a fighter she is
-Aliev's FS - what a talent!
-Marchei/Hotarek everything - what a fab interpretation!

1. Marchei & Hotarek SP & FP – pure entertainment! :hap85:
2. Javier Fernandez SP – showing the subtle & sophisticated presentation skills that come with age/experience :luv17:
3. Dmitri Aliev FP – okay, now I *get* him!! He didn’t even hit my conscious radar until this program :dance:
4. Carolina Kostner SP – riveting…mesmerizing…sublime :bow:
5. Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen FD – for me, a top-5 couple (hope they get rewarded SOON):dance3:

HM: Papadakis & Cizeron SD, Deniss Vasiljevs SP/FP, Ziegler & Kiefer SP, Medvedeva SP, James & Cipres SP, the live music in the Gala Finale.

Special Mention: the stunning K&C background shots of Moscow. I haven’t been there in over 40 years – it’s now on my bucket list to return! :yahoo:

LaArdilla

Medalist
Special Mention: the stunning K&C background shots of Moscow. I haven’t been there in over 40 years – it’s now on my bucket list to return! :yahoo:

You're so right! The K&C, along with that park bench and lanterns definitely deserved the mention! It was such a nice touch!

Merjan

On the Ice
- Papadakis / Cizeron FD and SD
- Zagitova FS
- Javier SP
- Fournier-Beaudry / Sørensen FD
- Carolina SP

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm probably breaking the rules :biggrin: but I have to add this moment from Dmitri's exhibition. Mind you that while I was mesmerized by his skating the music was killing me :devil:. However, he still found a way to transcend it He hits the jump right on the music and then does the most brilliant thing: he just arches his back and holds the edge. This young man's musicality is just :yahoo:

icetigger

On the Ice
1, P/C short and free, the two world records, TAT's comments on the free......
2, Caroline Kostner sp
3, Alina Zagitova the merciless
4, Javier SP
5, Stepanova and Bukin Sp, esp, her reaction in the k an c and also Ivan Bukin's all round cheeky chappiness, Bestemaniova in the audience, and a general appreciation of how much Russia love ice skating and the level of intergenerational support there is there.

Greatly missed- Savchenko and Massot.

freeman21

On the Ice
1. Ivett TOTH trying to pull off AC/DC in her SP. Never knew she even existed before this event, but she has my full attention now.
2. Moscow's crowd reaction when Medvedeva or Zagitova were entering the ice rink and when they were about to skate :eeking:
3. Alexandra Trusova's gala program and her trying to pull off that quad during the program and two more times during the ex Finale (I don't think the cameras showed that). Then finally getting mad after falling for the third time :laugh:
4. Medvedeva and Zagitova FS
5. Carolina Kostner ex on Led Zeppelin's Bonzo's Montreux. Holly crap I did not expect to ever see that in figure skating.
6. Candy Man. I'll take it any day if I have to chose between that and most of the snooze fest programs in the Pairs competition.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Papadakis and Cizeron Moonlight Sonata FD. Their eye contact with each other, their connection, makes all of their technical brilliance just sublime. Their unison is perfection ... and then just when you're thinking about their unison, they surprise with a movement where they diverge and create complementary, interesting shapes. They shine in the way they feel the music, in perfect harmony with each other. They are Otherworldly. I don't feel I'm watching Ice Dance; I feel that I'm inside a work of art with them.

2. Tarasova and Morozov Candyman FS. They have v-e-r-y slowly, inch by inch won me over completely with this program. Their performance yesterday electrified and sparkled. Whatever one thinks of the program itself, the way they skated it, their connection and eye contact were both sly and so much fun. And the quality of their skating!:love: The unison on the SBS pairs combination spin was incredible; B.Esp. called it "uncanny." Their micro-movements with the music, the way they slow down with the music during the spins. Mwah.

Check out the way he looks at her at 2:23 and 3:24! And then, his facial expressions at 3:54 and 5:11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRgR_q1J-hQ. You know, people said they should show their personalities on the ice, and now they have. I like what I see. Besides the fact that Morozov's personality comes out, Tarasova shines and at the same time is a little softer, which is how she always has been, off the ice, IMO.

3. Javier Fernandez. Consummate performer, craftsman; and he's devoted to his music. I don't like Chaplin, but when Javi skates it I get it. But its his Don Quixote that sears and fills my heart. Javi's not afraid to show his heart and his love. He's not afraid to appear schmaltzy. He's totally committed to all of it. And his gorgeous jumps, his incredible footwork and spins all serve the program.

4. Dmitri Aliev FP and SP. Such perfectly contrasting styles of music, and he performed them both perfectly! I love Masquerade Waltz, and I love even more the way he expressed the somewhat reckless power of it, with his expansive arm movements, and his emphatic head motions on the accents. Totally cool. Then in the FP, Dmitri had this softer style, also superbly embodied. He has this beautiful, classic Russian men's skating look, and I really love it. I haven't had a favorite Russian man for many, many years. He's it.

5. A Tie between Evgenia Medvedeva and Loena Hendrickx. I know, crazy, right? But I totally love the moment that Loena created. She skated with such confidence and sureness, expressing power and not backing off an inch all the way through. For me, it's such a treat to see a skater do so well, when I wasn't expecting a performance like that. And she was so happy with her skate.

Evgenia was just the picture and the embodiment of grace, talent, and pure determination to skate like that after months off the ice with a stress fracture. What she said after the SP, I can't find it now, but it was to the effect that she's so grateful to be able to skate here. Just a pluperfect attitude, and I felt it from her heart. Love Anna Karenina for her; she likes the drama and soul of it, which she also captures in her SP Chopin Nocturne, which is my favorite of her two programs. I so appreciate the effort and soul she puts into showing what the music is about.

Honorable Mentions: 1. Tanith and Ben commentary on Olympic Channel; and 2. All the Rippons! So much more beautiful and far less clunky than so many of the 'tanos.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Most of my favorite skates were not from the medalists!
1. Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER , I find their SP to be enjoyable and I think their FP suits them well and shows how they have grown as a team
2. Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK, their SP is a breath of fresh air
3. Deniss VASILJEVS, he has grown up so much and is starting to find his "senior" self. A joy to watch (bonus points for the K&C with his coach)
4. Loena HENDRICKX, what a talented family and the first time I really noticed this lovely skater
5. Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN, why don't the judges love them as much as I do? Lovely skaters with lovely programs.

But probably my favorite thing was having Tanith and Ben doing the dance commentary.