Kostner: "I know what I need" | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kostner: "I know what I need"

Should Kostner stay with the green unitard?

• Yes

Votes: 41 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 156 79.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is off-topic but let's just say I disagree and think she deserved to beat Sotnikova who wasn't clean and maybe Kim, too...under CoP it doesn't matter if you do a 3/3 as long as you do 7 triples overall (which loopless Kim didn't...).

We sure can agree to disagree................moving on.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The unitard is OK, the sparkles are OK, the green is OK, but NOT THAT SHADE of GREEN!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Caro has sported many a hideous costume in her long and legendary career. The fashion risks she takes usually don't pay off:

Ugly 1
Ugly 2
Ugly 3
Ugly 4
Ugly 5

When she goes a little more "basic," the results can be breathtakingly and ethereally gorgeous:
Beautiful 1
Beautiful 2
Beautiful 3

I actually like some of those "ugly" costumes. Not of fan of her Hallelujah one, that V :noshake: I remember some people didn't like her Scheherazade costume http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AbR20mxkYs4/Uncf-5vXfjI/AAAAAAAA01s/aKe4Q0x401g/s1600/CarolinaKostner1.jpg. Then this one http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hE6L7Dr62...AA10M/LG2O7ABaF2E/s1600/CarolinaKostnerFS.jpg beaded panties :unsure::laugh:

charmblade

Final Flight
It was shockingly bad. The color was way too bright and it didn't fit right- too baggy in spots.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm just worried her outfit is going to cause a world wide sequence shortage and some of the men will use as an excuse to go even more "men's wear" look with their costuming to compensate.

She certainly doesn't have to worry about not being seen. It's an attention getter for sure. Put me in the camp of those who hope she changes it for the Olympics.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Medvedeva said "Shine bright like a diamond"
Like the Rihanna song

Not "It shines like a diamond"

A shame to run over that reference ;)

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
I think that the problem is the shade of green she chose. It is too bright! Something like a pastel green or a darker green would have been much better.
Still, as much as I liked some jumpsuit in Moscow (Nikitina's SP, Loena's SP ones were beautiful), I don't think is the type of dress that suits Caro. I like her much more without pants. That dress doesn't suit her elegant and classical style for me.
Anyway, I think she'll keep this dress. I think it is too late to think about another one, and the one she has used in the other competitions of the season is just too simple for Olympics, for me. I guess we'll have to wait and see.. :hopelessness:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that the problem is the shade of green she chose. It is too bright! Something like a pastel green or a darker green would have been much better.
Still, as much as I like some jumpsuit in Moscow (Nikitina's SP, Loena's SP ones were beautiful), I don't think is the type of dress that suits Caro. I like her much more without pants. That dress doesn't suit her elegant and classical style for me.
Anyway, I think she'll keep this dress. I think it is too late to think about another one, and the one she has used in the other competitions of the season is just too simple for Olympics, for me. I guess we'll have to wait and see.. :hopelessness:

But she said she will review what it looks like on tape then decide. Hopefully she agrees with the majority of us :sad46:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Still, as much as I liked some jumpsuit in Moscow (Nikitina's SP, Loena's SP ones were beautiful), I don't think is the type of dress that suits Caro. I like her much more without pants. That dress doesn't suit her elegant and classical style for me.

Yes a nice spring green would have made a huge difference. I expect neon green to be used for a samba.

Artistry

On the Ice
Whatever poster for Ballet Russes she refers to as inspiration I guarantee it was not tacky. Change!

Also, is there a separate thread to discuss NBC coverage from this afternoon?
I haven't been on the forum in years, a bit rusty on what to discuss where...

Clearly Tara and Johnny didn't expect such marks for that program. As T pointed out, rotating is part of SS, 2nd mark should reflect it. Everytime I come back to this sport after an absence, I see things are still subjective as ever.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Caro has sported many a hideous costume in her long and legendary career. The fashion risks she takes usually don't pay off:

Ugly 1
Ugly 2
Ugly 3
Ugly 4
Ugly 5

When she goes a little more "basic," the results can be breathtakingly and ethereally gorgeous:
Beautiful 1
Beautiful 2
Beautiful 3

Ugly 1 and Ugly 3 aren't that bad.

Anyway you forgot to mention this which is by far her worst costume.

https://www.neveitalia.it/foto/albums/userpics/14361/lb_451535075.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hE6L7Dr62...AA10M/LG2O7ABaF2E/s1600/CarolinaKostnerFS.jpg

Amei

Record Breaker
Watching the NBC Sports broadcast - Tara's comment "I'm not into lime green onesies".....I totally agree and it pains me to agree with Tara and Johnny.

Though I do have to say watching the broadcast and them setting us up for the scores is interesting, Tara first commenting how Kostner's skating is worthy of high components scores and then Johnny commenting that it would take some kind of crazy components score for her with the FS.

Edit for their comments on the score, all I have to say is it was savage and I laughed so hard at it - Johnny 'let it be written that Carolina Kostner is well back for a podium finish at the Olympics'

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Watching the NBC Sports broadcast - Tara's comment "I'm not into lime green onesies".....I totally agree and it pains me to agree with Tara and Johnny.

Though I do have to say watching the broadcast and them setting us up for the scores is interesting, Tara first commenting how Kostner's skating is worthy of high components scores and then Johnny commenting that it would take some kind of crazy components score for her with the FS.

Edit for their comments on the score, all I have to say is it was savage and I laughed so hard at it - Johnny 'let it be written that Carolina Kostner is well back for a podium finish at the Olympics'

Even the woman from the Olympic channel (sorry i can't remember the name) said

"Carolina is well-known for her artistry and she is skating to the music of Debussy but i've to say Ryan very quickly, i find this new costume quite distracting to be honest, and crossing my fingers, we'll see something different at the Olympics" (silence from Ryan Bradley)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
At first, the green costume looked horrible. But looking it again more closely with an open mind, except the color, the design and pattern are quite faithful to the theme. The previous gray costume is not bad, but generic, and has nothing to do with Faun in Greek mythology and somehow Nijinsky's interpretation. If she decides to change its color, that would be no issue with the costume. Though, I'd say she was so gutsy to wear the audacious unitard at Euros despite that it reminded me of a frog. Sorry, Carolina!, but I couldn't help it. :biggrin:

As a side note, I've notice that :biggrin: is more used than :) or ;) in the thread. I think the green color of the emoticon can be a tribute to her costume.