Heel Problems with Ice Flies | Golden Skate

Heel Problems with Ice Flies

christy

On the Ice
I read about other people having a variety of problems with Ice Flies in a recent thread and just wondered if anyone was experiencing the same problems as I am. I have had a pair of Ice Flies with Matrix Elite blades for over 3 years and they are starting to break down so I got another identical pair (same size, same blade) to start breaking them in. I have now tried to skate in them 5 times and the longest I lasted was 5 minutes. I have tried the original Edea insoles plus 3 different pairs of Superfeet including the ones out of the original boots. Each time I found that my heel was on the side of the boot and my foot was twisting and I was getting pain up the side of my leg. From the other threads I'm guessing that the heel is twisted - would that make sense? Anyone else have the same problems?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
If you're in the US Edea is having problems with their US supplier of boots.
There are multiple threads on here with people having issues.

christy

On the Ice
My boots were purchased in the US, and I read one thread about problems that other people were having. It didn't describe the problems that I was having but it did mention that heels were crooked so I was assuming that was what was causing the twisting of my foot but wanted to check.
I will see if I can find the other threads.

Arwen17

Final Flight
oh wow, I just bought my first pair of Ice Flies in October at the egl regionals, but haven't had any heel problems or anything. So I guess not all of the boots are messed up.