A little Four Conts 2019 info | Page 4 | Golden Skate

A little Four Conts 2019 info

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ticket page has been updated with some prices and sadly it seems my pessimism was justified:

All-Session Ticket Prices

Platinum - $599/ea. ++ (TM fees, Facility Fee and CC fees)

Rows A-C for all available sections

P2 Lowerbowl Sides - $499/ea. ++ (TM fees, Facility Fee and CC fees)

Sections 205-211 and 219-225 rows C and above

P3 Lowerbowl Endzones: $399/ea. ++ (TM fees, Facility Fee and CC fees)

Sections 212-218 and 226-204 rows C and above

The map on the ticket page doesn't show where the judges will sit but I'm guessing it'll be where the "team benches" are.

These prices are too high :shocked: What are they thinking? :confused: Unless Yuzu attends 4CC half of stadium will be empty.

We always get all-event package for Grand Prix competitions which for two people ends up around $400-$450. This year we decided to go to 4CC instead of SA but look at this, it's $1000 for two. What the ...?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
These prices are too high :shocked: What are they thinking? :confused: Unless Yuzu attends 4CC half of stadium will be empty.

We always get all-event package for Grand Prix competitions which for two people ends up around $400-$450. This year we decided to go to 4CC instead of SA but look at this, it's $1000 for two. What the ...?

I hope they're not expecting too many people to do the double of US Nats/4CC, because at those prices...

I'm not sure what's more ridicuous: USFS pricing US Nats roughly the same as an ISU Championship event, or USFS pricing 4CC nearly the same as Worlds. This has to be a cash grab knowing the Japanese fans will pay anything. Well, their pricing structure for 4CC has just made me give up any plan of buying a Nats all-event.

I hope they're not expecting too many people to do the double of US Nats/4CC, because at those prices...

I'm not sure what's more ridicuous: USFS pricing US Nats roughly the same as an ISU Championship event, or USFS pricing 4CC nearly the same as Worlds. This has to be a cash grab knowing the Japanese fans will pay anything. Well, their pricing structure for 4CC has just made me give up any plan of buying a Nats all-event.

I also gave up on 4CC all-event package. I'll wait for the single competition tickets and get only ladies and men FS. Seriously, does USFS exist in a parallel world where FS is the number one sport in the nation and people attend lotteries to get a hold of tickets?

evasorange

Final Flight
Wow that’s too bad and doesn’t fill me
With hope that the single tickets are going to be reasonable...if they are banking on Yuzu’s presence to be able to sell pricey tickets that’s a pretty risky strategy. I mean at this time last year who would have known he would only end up being able to comepete three times the whole of the past season? It’s no guarantee that he’ll be there and sadly the four continents event alone isn’t enough for casual fans to be able to pay this kind of money. Even for this die hard fan it’s not enough!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I also gave up on 4CC all-event package. I'll wait for the single competition tickets and get only ladies and men FS.

I will still buy a 4CC all event, as I expect Team Australia to field all four disciplines again.

However I am now inclined only to buy a Championship Weekend ticket for US Nationals, rather than an all-event.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I was expecting the prices to hefty considering the location but that's ridiculous especially considering a lot of top tiered skaters usually opt out of 4CC :eek:hwell:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Exactly....When you raise prices so high that even die hard fans begin to say no...You have a serious problem. I'd love to see it live but, even if it were in my backyard, I'd save my money and go to Worlds instead.

Exactly....When you raise prices so high that even die hard fans begin to say no...You have a serious problem. I'd love to see it live but, even if it were in my backyard, I'd save my money and go to Worlds instead.

Exactly! It's only about an hour to drive from San Diego to Anaheim but spending $1000+gas and food just in two days blows my mind :eeking:

VegMom

On the Ice
How fast do they usually sell?

How long til they sell tickets for specific events?

How likely are you to get good tickets for specific events?

Can you buy the whole package and sell the parts you can’t use?

nguyhm

On the Ice
I just received an email announcing that the all session tickets will go on sale on June 1. It also mentioned the US Figure Skating Friends and Family so I don't know if it's only for the members or also to general public

"U.S. Figure Skating is proud to announce that the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2019 is coming to the United States for the first time since 2012! Anaheim, California has been selected as the host location this ISU Championship competition and it is one you won’t want to miss!

From Feb. 7-10, 2019 many of the top skaters from the U.S., Canada, China and Japan will be joined by athletes representing a total of 15 nations at the Honda Center. Fans from around the world will descend on sunny, southern California and we hope that our members will join them to cheer on Team USA!

All-session tickets for Four Continents will go on sale to the public on Friday, June 1 with a special pre-sale available for U.S. Figure Skating's Friends of Figure Skating members. To become a member of the Friends of Figure Skating, please visit friendsoffigureskating.com

To learn more about the competition, visit the official website at 2019FourContinents.com. We hope you will support Team USA in Anaheim this February!"

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just received an email announcing that the all session tickets will go on sale on June 1. It also mentioned the US Figure Skating Friends and Family so I don't know if it's only for the members or also to general public

"U.S. Figure Skating is proud to announce that the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships 2019 is coming to the United States for the first time since 2012! …

All-session tickets for Four Continents will go on sale to the public on Friday, June 1 with a special pre-sale available for U.S. Figure Skating's Friends of Figure Skating members. To become a member of the Friends of Figure Skating, please visit friendsoffigureskating.com ..."

Hi, nguyhm. :ghug:

The pre-sale for members of Friends of Figure Skating starts May 30 at 10 a.m. PDT, when a promo code is supposed to be e-mailed to FOFS members.
(The promo code has not been e-mailed out yet.)

The sale to the public begins June 1 (also at 10 am PT, per the event website).

Boriscat

Spectator
Has anyone received the FOFS presale code yet? I am tasked with buying three tickets for friends and my FOFS membership expired. Yikes!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Ouch. Well, the good news is that I got my ticket. But it was about as fun as a hemmy operation.
I got the email at 10:00 am. I clicked on the link and put in the secret squirrel code.
It then made my request for "any $600 seat" as I couldnt choose my seat and I didnt like any of the seats it offered.
After 5 attempts to get a good seat, it locked me out.

It said to try a different computer .

So I went to a different computer and there was a revised special email. The new email is dated nine minutes after the first email.

I then clicked on the new link and put in the code and I could zoom in on the arena map and pick my seat. Hallaluia.
The countdown timer starts.
But this isnt my first rodeo. I have a ticketmaster account. So I log in, put in my card, click all the boxes, agree to give them my first born, and boom, I have the tickets coming.
7 minutes to spare on the countdown timer clock.
But Get this. Here are the fees.
8 bucks facility charge
$6.75 Order processing fee
$96.75 Service Fee

I am not making this up.

I thought $600 US for a first row seat was a bit high but this is California. But $100 service fee? Really?
Well, I am taking a valium, calming down, and going on with life. I guess I had to pay for the easy time I had buying tickets to SkateAmerica Everett. :(

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Ouch. Well, the good news is that I got my ticket. But it was about as fun as a hemmy operation.
I got the email at 10:00 am. I clicked on the link and put in the secret squirrel code.
It then made my request for "any $600 seat" as I couldnt choose my seat and I didnt like any of the seats it offered.

So I went to a different computer and there was a revised special email. The new email is dated nine minutes after the first email.

I then clicked on the new link and put in the code and I could zoom in on the arena map and pick my seat. Hallaluia.
But this isnt my first rodeo. I have a ticketmaster account. So I log in, put in my card, click all the boxes, agree to give them my first born, and boom, I have the tickets coming.
8 bucks facility charge
$96.75 Service Fee

I am not making this up.

I thought $600 US for a first row seat was a bit high but this is California. But $100 service fee? Really?
Well, I am taking a valium, calming down, and going on with life. I guess I had to pay for the easy time I had buying tickets to SkateAmerica Everett. :(

thanks for sharing - though that sounded quite painful. WHOA on the service fee!!

glad the ticket-buying process is over for you!

temadd

Final Flight

8 bucks facility charge
$96.75 Service Fee

I am not making this up.

Yes the service fee is ridiculously outrageous. I clicked on the link to do a survey of my experience with ticketmaster. I gave 0 on "would I recommend ticketmaster to a friend" and said it was because of the outrageous service fee. I wish someone would start a non-profit ticket service because until there is another option we are screwed.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
TypeQUADKI
Ticket PriceUS $599.00 x 2
Facility ChargeUS $8.01 x 2
Service FeeUS $96.75 x 2
SUBTOTALUS $1,407.52

Price for two tickets - I don't think I will be purchasing :) ... 'quadking' promo code does work.

VegMom

On the Ice
Yup, got three tickets and thought I was going to spend about $1500, gulp. Then it turned out to be over $1700 after fees. YUCK
This will be the first time we will do something like this. Kiddo is pretty excited.