IOC/OAR/ROC Info | Golden Skate

IOC/OAR/ROC Info

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
This thread is for informational purposes and mature discussions. Do not derail the thread with negative comments regarding other countries, skaters, athletes, and/or posters. Do not rant/rave. Do not argue/bicker. Your post(s) will disappear and you will be infracted.

Last edited by a moderator:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Everything has been. Coming along so quickly. There are only two weeks left but everything, in regards to this issue has been so last minute. The final athlete lists to be released on Jan 27.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just a small request. If it is the case that we have to use the term "Olympic Athlete From Russia", would it be possible to use the actual words in thread titles instead of the acronym?

Because every time I see "OAR", I think of boat racing... :laugh: :slink:

On a more serious note, I wish this would all get sorted out one way or another soon. Because it is not fair on anybody, not least the athletes, that 13 days before the Olympics start, nobody knows for sure who is eligible to go or not.

CaroLiza_fan

anyanka

Record Breaker
Thanks for starting this thread, there is a lot of misinformation, conjecture and rumours out there that are ripe for misinterpretation. Full disclosure: I've read and inadvertently repeated some of it myself, because I either didn't understand fully or information was conflicting. Looking forward to the finalized of actual invitees being released tomorrow.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just a small request. If it is the case that we have to use the term "Olympic Athlete From Russia", would it be possible to use the actual words in thread titles instead of the acronym?

Because every time I see "OAR", I think of boat racing... :laugh: :slink:

Sorry...no room to spell out both abbreviations.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry...no room to spell out both abbreviations.

Don't worry, I realised that was the reason. I just thought sharing my thoughts would give other members a laugh. :)

Thank you for starting this information thread. Because with the way things have been over the past few months, it has been so hard to keep track of just what is official, and what is not.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Everything has been. Coming along so quickly. There are only two weeks left but everything, in regards to this issue has been so last minute. The final athlete lists to be released on Jan 27.

Yeah what's the deal with that? It's not like they didn't know it was coming up! I mean I guess as far as skating goes Russia only sent its list after Euros...or did it? (I thought I heard something about them sending like a big list with everyone on it) Either way, it smacks of poor planning on everyone's behalf!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Can athletes appeal if they are not on the invited list? Do athletes not on the list get a reason why they are not on the list. If there is no obvious drug infraction or one would assume they would be banned already does the athlete left off the list get shall we say the evidence against them? Who hears the appeal? How long would it take as the Olympics is so close? One postersaid there is little chance an appeal will be successful - on what grounds? Surely, the IOC or whoever has some code of conduct and rules about appeals that are mean to be fair. Horrible for the athletes in question if they are innocent - look at B/S unnecessarily missed worlds and hard for the replacement team too.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I still don't understand if the substitutes (Stasya and Samarin) would be allowed or not? I guess there are no subs now for dance/pairs at all. I would hate to see a substitute being needed, but it will also be a huge pity if any spot goes to waste.

madison

Record Breaker
I still don't understand if the substitutes (Stasya and Samarin) would be allowed or not? I guess there are no subs now for dance/pairs at all. I would hate to see a substitute being needed, but it will also be a huge pity if any spot goes to waste.

I think they are allowed, cause I saw a picture of Aliev with Samarin on their way to Japan.

Mattieu

Medalist
I think they are allowed, cause I saw a picture of Aliev with Samarin on their way to Japan.

I'm not so sure, as you need an invitation, 169 are on the invited list, and Samarin is not on that list, but I hope I am wrong