Ladies Short Program | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I know I'm jumping the gun here, but after the first five skaters it looks like Alissa had a good skate and is right behind Miki and ahead of Liashenko. I sure hope we get to see her on TV!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
USA Ladies continue to rock...

Angela is now in second only .02 behink Miki. Sounds like she had a really nice skate too. Ota just went into 4th, so that means both US ladies will be in the final warmup group for the FS. I can't wait to hear more "ringside" reports later from Doris and others there. I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Canada Rocks too...

Cynthia tied with Alissa for third. Is that the first tie under COP? What are the odds of that??????

DG

Go Alissa! What a great debut!

Wow, not only did Czinsy and Phaneuf tie overall, they are exactly tied in both the tech and the component marks.

I think the fans are getting an exciting contest even without the headliners. This is good for the sport.

Mathman

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Amazing for Angela as well...........can she hold on and not fall apart in the long? 42

gezando

Final Flight
From reading fsu

Ando completed 3z/3l, 3f and 2a, WOW she has been landing the triple lutz/triple loop since 13 year old

Angela completed 3z/2t, 2f, and 2a, even with doubling the flip she is second

Alissa completed 3z/2t, 3f and 2a

Kasey

Medalist
Miki is ahead of Angela only because of the harder triple combo....but really, I felt Angela interpreted the music better, and has much better positions in spins and spirals. I hope she can hold it together for the long. Miki was nice to watch...just nothing special. She went first, and didn't seem to have much energy. Alissa....wow! Where did she come from??? No one around where I was sitting seemed to know where she was last year! Lot of energy, good extension in spirals, good presentation, solid jumps. She got the largest SO of the night, more than half the crowd. Cynthia should NOT be tied with her. Sorry to her fans, but she singled her triple flip, and although she is nice to watch, she did not have "spark".....the tie is a gift. Ota, i think, did better.

Kasey

herios

Medalist
Angela completed 3z/2t, 2f, and 2a, even with doubling the flip she is second

Angela completed a 3 flip! That is why is almost even with Ando.

Herios - Joseph
:)

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
Kasey said:
Miki is ahead of Angela only because of the harder triple combo....but really, I felt Angela interpreted the music better, and has much better positions in spins and spirals. I hope she can hold it together for the long. Miki was nice to watch...just nothing special. She went first, and didn't seem to have much energy. Alissa....wow! Where did she come from??? No one around where I was sitting seemed to know where she was last year! Lot of energy, good extension in spirals, good presentation, solid jumps. She got the largest SO of the night, more than half the crowd. Cynthia should NOT be tied with her. Sorry to her fans, but she singled her triple flip, and although she is nice to watch, she did not have "spark".....the tie is a gift. Ota, i think, did better.

Kasey

Although I agree that Cynthia got a bit higher marks than I expected on the technical side, considering her single flip, but you can't deny how beautifully she skated, every move of hers is coreographed. You could forget that it was a technical program.

I am really looking forward to her LP....

Herios :)

Kasey

Medalist
Herios,

Cynthia's program WAS beautifully choreographed, and very musical. But, her 'dramatic expression' looked quite painful, and I didn't fully enjoy the program until she was smiling a bit. The other people sitting around me commented on her expression as well...I think it would help her present it better. But I still feel she was overmarked to be tied with Czisny, IMO.

Kasey

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I am soooooooooooooooo happy for Angela right now! I think this will give her the boost she needs in the long...

what is her SP anyway... I am a bad fan for not knowing already :laugh: