Gracie Gold: Now Figure Skating Coach | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold: Now Figure Skating Coach

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, that's wonderful news! I bet she'll make a great coach. Those lucky kids!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Maybe she'll coach a future Olympic champion, who knows? Fantastic new chapter in her life :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Isn't she no longer planning to return to competition? I haven't read the article yet though. It's great that she moves on with her life and gets out of depression that she's had. There are several skaters doing both competition and a coaching job such as Grant Hochstein and Nathan Bartholomay, but I still want her return to the competitive field as a skater.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Isn't she no longer planning to return to competition? I haven't read the article yet though. It's great that she moves on with her life and gets out of depression that she's had. There are several skaters doing both competition and a coaching job such as Grant Hochstein and Nathan Bartholomay, but I still want her return to the competitive field as a skater.

She's done for now at least.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
She's done for now at least.

I should be happy for her as a fan but what a talent she has.....Deanna Castello has returned to the ice after many years past and still is a good skater. Hopefully, she enjoys her new life. If she misses the old days, she can return and I'll cheer for her.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Will this tone down her recent social media snark? That was kind of entertaining at US Nationals... some of the time... #FedoraGate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If this is what she wants this is great. But why now? Why announce it at the start of the winter olympics. Of all the time. I like her but it reeks of atleast suspicious timing.Yes, Gracie we know you, we love you, you are an amazing champion... I wish her well but don't know why she had to announce it today.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Hopefully she'll find it rewarding to inspire the next generation. Maybe she and Carly can coach together. They seem very close like most twins are, and I think this is a great move for her.

reneerose

Final Flight
I wonder if it's just temporary. Maybe it's just something to do for now. I doubt if she will actually retire retire.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hopefully she'll find it rewarding to inspire the next generation. Maybe she and Carly can coach together. They seem very close like most twins are, and I think this is a great move for her.

Carly's in school for Photography.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if it's just temporary. Maybe it's just something to do for now. I doubt if she will actually retire retire.

It seems pretty permanent.

berry8

Final Flight
This is a turning point in her career so I don't think It will be temporary...
Continuing as an elite athlete wouldnt have been a wise move I guess: she would have had to face all her psychological problems (depression, eating disorders...) all over again :/

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm glad she'll still be involved with the sport. All the best to you, Gracie! :hap10: