2018 Junior Worlds Entries and pregame chat | Golden Skate

2018 Junior Worlds Entries and pregame chat

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Yesss!!
Can't wait!
But Konstantinova? Can't remember seeing her in the GP... I thought maybe Tarakanova would get a spot. But anyway, Russia has practically 100% probability of getting at least 1st and 2nd place.
But of course I'm rooting for my fave Kihira!!!! [emoji173]️
Also looking forward to see how Eunsoo and Young have evolved in their programs.
So exciting!!!

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I wonder what happened B/K in Pairs? They have been replaced by K/Y.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

Nothing happend. They were 4th at Junior Nationals. Polina showed skate of her life and took the third place overall, after disaster short program because of her partner. And I'm happy they're going, because after win at first JGP, her partner ruined their second stage, and took Polina's chances to compete at JGPF. Hope this time everything will go fine.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ugh, something needs to change when skaters who made the JGPF have no chance of getting selected to JWC. There's so many deserving Russian ladies:
Selected: Trusova, Kostornaya
Selected but should have been in seniors by now: Konstantinova
Always overlooked: Panenkova, Tarakanova, Gubanova, Vasilieva

The Finn

Record Breaker
I'm still so angry and sad about Gubanova.

We will have to wait and see how it goes but in the past the new Olympic Champion has sometimes decided to withdraw from the Worlds. If that would happen this time then it would mean that Stasya, as the 1st alternate, would go to the Senior Worlds. I doubt she would be sent to both Junior Worlds and Senior Worlds which would mean that Nastia would be sent to Junior Worlds. This is assuming that the one who wins the Olympic gold would let the Fed know soon after the Olympics that she is not going to Worlds this season. That is because Junior Worlds will start early Mach, so, there is not much time to replace Stasya with Nastia.

I think this scenario could very well happen if Zhenia wins the Olympic gold but since Alina hasn't won the Worlds she might want to go even if she wins the Olympic gold medal.

The Finn

Record Breaker

They messed up their FS and ended up 4th at Junior Nationals, that is what happened.

I like B/K but she does a lot of messy landings. K/I had a amazing FS at Junior Nationals and I am really looking forward to see how they will do here.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Ugh, something needs to change when skaters who made the JGPF have no chance of getting selected to JWC. There's so many deserving Russian ladies:
Selected: Trusova, Kostornaya
Selected but should have been in seniors by now: Konstantinova
Always overlooked: Panenkova, Tarakanova, Gubanova, Vasilieva

Making it to the JGP Final means next to nothing here. Gubanova won silver at the JGP Final last season and it ment nothing. JGP Final is not the main criteria here, the Junior Nationals are.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
49(!) men? Dang, even more than the ladies for once! Unfortunately I'm not super excited about the lineup this year, except for Erokhov and Matteo Rizzo.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I see that jun hwan has withdrawn... no offense to the guys but the men's competition is even less exciting now... :slink:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a wonderful and diverse group of men's skaters this year:

Alexei, Camden and Tomoki from the US alone: so different as skaters, so interesting and fun to watch.:hap10:

Donovan Carrillo, Joseph Phan, Conrad Orzel, Matteo Rizzo, James Min, Mitsuki Sumoto:clap:

I'm liking this season's men's lineup better and better:agree:

Azikin

Medalist
We will have to wait and see how it goes but in the past the new Olympic Champion has sometimes decided to withdraw from the Worlds. If that would happen this time then it would mean that Stasya, as the 1st alternate, would go to the Senior Worlds. I doubt she would be sent to both Junior Worlds and Senior Worlds which would mean that Nastia would be sent to Junior Worlds. This is assuming that the one who wins the Olympic gold would let the Fed know soon after the Olympics that she is not going to Worlds this season. That is because Junior Worlds will start early Mach, so, there is not much time to replace Stasya with Nastia.

I think this scenario could very well happen if Zhenia wins the Olympic gold but since Alina hasn't won the Worlds she might want to go even if she wins the Olympic gold medal.

Now, after the Olympics, who knows? Will Alina want to go to Worlds? Or maybe they could send Konstantinova instead of Sotskova? ;)

vavavoom

Rinkside
Wow, Matteo is doing all four major Championships this year: Europeans, Olympics, J. Worlds and Worlds.

He is the only one in all 4 disciplines that is doing all four.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Wow, Matteo is doing all four major Championships this year: Europeans, Olympics, J. Worlds and Worlds.

He is the only one in all 4 disciplines that is doing all four.

What about Emmi Peltonen, or is she not doing Worlds?

ETA: Never mind, I just noticed she's a sub and not an entry for JW.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
It is a bit sad to see so few Australians this year.

I do hope our sole representative, James Min, holds it together in the short program and makes the cut for the free skate.