Fernandez says Hanyu is an “amazing” skater | Golden Skate

Fernandez says Hanyu is an “amazing” skater

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
“I know if he skates good, it’s very hard to beat him,” he said. “So I’m glad, you know, at the end of the day the competition is good for everybody. The more exciting it is for everybody, the more fun everybody is going to have.”

More....

Did he say "fun"?
:laugh:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
One thing I really like about Javi is his outlook. He has such an easygoing personality & wonderful competitive mindset! A very classy guy! :clap:

sylveonzoroark

Rinkside
https://elpais.com/elpais/2016/05/19/inenglish/1463661601_503856.html

The above link is from an older news article, May 2016 that I just found. It has some neat photos of Javier including one especially dreamy one of him without a shirt....

Did my heart not love til now?

Can't waist for that Olympic short program link...........oh pretty please?! :luv17:

That article got me tearing up. It's so unfortunate that figure skating isn't more mainstream and doesn't reward its elites as much as other sports. I really admire Javier's dedication and attitude.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Javi is a class act. I really hope he wins a medal this evening. I will be sad when he's not skating competitively anymore but I feel he brings so much to the sport as well as hope to small federations that they too can produce a champion. Like with Lambiel.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I missed Javi's short program because of work. Does anyone have a link? :thank:

Here you go: https://viuly.io/video/og2018-fernandez-javier-sp-203711. It hadn't been taken down as of one minute ago.

If there are other skates you want to see, go to the 2018 Olympics: Figure Skating (General Info) subforum. Open the "Videos Without Spoilers" thread. The men's sp links are on pages 7 and 8. You may want to do it soon. Some of the Pairs FS linked videos have already been taken down. Thanks go to Kutien for this link!

amateur

Final Flight
Hot off the presses:

Artice author/Fernandez: "Hanyu is an 'amazing' skater and is very talented"

Me, and others: :eek: **THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION! ** (/sarcasm)

Roast Toast

Medalist
I have never EVER seen a competitor at the level of Javi with his attitude. He's like the definition of chill.