Intl Judge from G. Spin suspended | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Intl Judge from G. Spin suspended

Tulipstar

Medalist
Also, even though senior Bs are usually not attended by top skaters, there are skaters who worked hard and probably sacrificed a lot of money, time, efforts to be there and give their best...a fair judging is due to all the skaters, not just to the top ones.

Of course. I just didn't understand why a judge would go through this effort.

Barb

Record Breaker
This is about the Turkish judge? Does she need to prepare the scores to be so harsh with almost every team?

Andrea82

Medalist
Which event?

Abasova (Russian judge at Golden Spin) is among the pool of judges for Ice Dance in PyeongChang,

I'm telling you it's ripe for adaptation. I can nearly hear the voice over guy now.

I was forgetting the part about coach filming out of service judge filming Belarus judge! I suppose it would be the right moment for intense background music.

This is about the Turkish judge? Does she need to prepare the scores to be so harsh with almost every team?

yes, that's her being suspended.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I was forgetting the part about coach filming out of service judge filming Belarus judge! I suppose it would be the right moment for intense background music.

yes, that's her being suspended.

Ah.. like that moment from POTO that everyone who uses it to skate to does.. the "DADADADA" part.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
They decided on the criteria long before the questions arose. They probably chose it based on when it was scheduled, and didn't have a lot of choice given their preferred timeline.

They should have changed the criteria as soon as possible. They had to have known something was going on when you've got someone filming suspicious activity and a fight happening over that. A national federation can't be so inflexible and blind.

nocturnalis

Medalist
Well, Spain did send S/D to Worlds last year when H/K probably should have gone. Still, this is a horrible way to make up for that.

Andrea82

Medalist
At ISU Congress today they reported all Disciplinary sanctions in the last 2 years. So they addressed also Gorojdanov

They said that he was looking at the marks of both judges on his right (Russia) and left (USA).
The witness who recorded the video because he was sitting behind the judges' stand was the referee of the Man event (therefore, Daniel Delfa from Spain)

When Gorojdanov sent the letter asking to be removed from the lists of judges, he confirmed he would not ask to be re-admitted within 3 years.
The Disciplinary Commission terminated the proceeding against him without sanctions because the verdict would have not exceeded a suspension of 3 years

moriel

Record Breaker
Yes that's the most shocking part: scores pre-determined by watching practices seems okay.

TBH I don't see nothing wrong for a judge to sketch some PCs during practices, specially in ID.
I mean, for example, during practice you see a team. Their SS are around 8. Its not like this will drastically change and then in competition their SS will be 5 or 10 suddenly.
Those wouldnt be final scores, ofc, but well dunno.

Throw stones at me.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Well, there is a rule against bringing prepared marks onto the judges' stand.

But there's nothing to prevent someone from watching a practice, writing notes including scores if they like, and then remembering what they wrote when they judge the event the next day.

Andrea82

Medalist
On Ece Esen today they said that the marks of the Components written next to the names were "probably based on the ISU World Ranking list".
I am actually a bit puzzled by this line reported today because in the full explanation of the suspension they wrote: "She continued to state that if I looked at the marks for the Short Dance, her marks for the event would be the same as those she had written in advance on the event competitors sheet. On analysing the Short Dance results, there is an alignment between these pre-prepared marks and those she ultimately awarded. Based on her comment as well as the analysis, one can assume that she was referencing this document with her pre- prepared marks for the Short Dance (which I did not directly observe "

If I look at her PCS ranking was 1) Bobrova/Soloviev 2) Guignard/Fabbri 3) Agafonova/Ucar 4) Hurtado/Khaliavin 5) Smart/Diaz 6) Hawayek/Baker 7) Parsons/Parsons 8) Muller/Dieck 8) Robledo/Fenero 10) Lorenz/Polizoakis 11) Tweedale/Buckland 12) Kublikova/Hulitiski 13) Loboda/Drodz and Zagorski/Guerreiro

So they wouldn't match the World Ranking list apart from the top 2.

Well, there is a rule against bringing prepared marks onto the judges' stand.

But there's nothing to prevent someone from watching a practice, writing notes including scores if they like, and then remembering what they wrote when they judge the event the next day.

I think she complained there were too many teams in that competition!

One part of her defense was: "I supposed to make up my mind not to mix the skaters because there were 20 couples and its sometimes difficult for me to remember while judging its more practice to grouping them but there were only 5 or 6 skaters the first group I mean"

She should use the 6 months suspension to improve her memory

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
“Ms. Esen also took "yellow papers" out of the folder, teared them in
front of her and threw them in to trash”

I can imagine the scene with Requiem For a Dream song playing background. :popcorn:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I have a whole screenplay about it. I talked about it in an earlier thread.

Thanks mrrice! "The Pyrite Stumble"

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
On Ece Esen today they said that the marks of the Components written next to the names were "probably based on the ISU World Ranking list".
I am actually a bit puzzled by this line reported today because in the full explanation of the suspension they wrote: "She continued to state that if I looked at the marks for the Short Dance, her marks for the event would be the same as those she had written in advance on the event competitors sheet. On analysing the Short Dance results, there is an alignment between these pre-prepared marks and those she ultimately awarded. Based on her comment as well as the analysis, one can assume that she was referencing this document with her pre- prepared marks for the Short Dance (which I did not directly observe "

If I look at her PCS ranking was 1) Bobrova/Soloviev 2) Guignard/Fabbri 3) Agafonova/Ucar 4) Hurtado/Khaliavin 5) Smart/Diaz 6) Hawayek/Baker 7) Parsons/Parsons 8) Muller/Dieck 8) Robledo/Fenero 10) Lorenz/Polizoakis 11) Tweedale/Buckland 12) Kublikova/Hulitiski 13) Loboda/Drodz and Zagorski/Guerreiro

So they wouldn't match the World Ranking list apart from the top 2.

I think she complained there were too many teams in that competition!

One part of her defense was: "I supposed to make up my mind not to mix the skaters because there were 20 couples and its sometimes difficult for me to remember while judging its more practice to grouping them but there were only 5 or 6 skaters the first group I mean"

She should use the 6 months suspension to improve her memory
yeah, I feel so sorry for her *sarcasm. It's so hard to remember all those teams and which pre-prepared marks you're supposed to give them.

This problem of mixing many teams would not even occur, if she just judged what she saw on competition that day no matter the name of the team. :rolleye:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
yeah, I feel so sorry for her *sarcasm. It's so hard to remember all those teams and which pre-prepared marks you're supposed to give them.

This problem of mixing many teams would not even occur, if she just judged what she saw on competition that day no matter the name of the team. :rolleye:

What a concept, right? LOL