Thanks Keegan Messing! | Golden Skate

Thanks Keegan Messing!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just love watching Keegan Messing skate. No, he's not a quad king, but he's a skater's skater. He's so entertaining and adds little nuances to every part of his program. This was Keegan's first Olympics, and I thought he did well. Great job Keegan! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Keegan!

:points:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just love watching Keegan Messing skate. No, he's not a quad king, but he's a skater's skater. He's so entertaining and adds little nuances to every part of his program. This was Keegan's first Olympics, and I thought he did well. Great job Keegan! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Keegan!

I look forward to seeing Keegan and Patrick at Worlds.

Keegan's beaming smile was as wide as Bychenko's. He is so much fun to watch. Neither program was perfect, but both exemplified my love of Happy Feet. Yeah, I'm a sap at heart. :eek:: I, too, look forward to seeing him and these two programs again at Worlds.

Will Patrick be going to Worlds? I sure hope so, but thought this might not be the case?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Keegan's only planning to skate until 2020 at this point but I'm hoping to see him go for another Olympics. He just needs to take command of that triple axel!

#AlaskaStrong

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Keegan's beaming smile was as wide as Bychenko's. He is so much fun to watch. Neither program was perfect, but both exemplified my love of Happy Feet. Yeah, I'm a sap at heart. :eek:: I, too, look forward to seeing him and these two programs again at Worlds.

Will Patrick be going to Worlds? I sure hope so, but thought this might not be the case?

I agree about Keegan's smile. As Kurt says "he lights up the rink and makes you forget it's a competition" Yes, it will be great to see Keegan at Worlds. I'm not that sure Patrick will be there. It's hard to say.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think this was first time ever I have managed to see him. Nice surprise and I liked him. Want more his skating during next years.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love to watch him too! He always makes me smile! I didn't realize how old he was until the NBC steam commentator mentioned it, though.

Patrick has already announced his retirement, hasn't he??

reneerose

Final Flight
I LOVE Keegan! He evoked Kurt Browning for me with his Singin in the Rain. His spins, and transitions, the whole energetically delightful package. He's so fun to watch. Can't wait to see him at Worlds too.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
Fell in love with his programs after watching Canadian Nationals. Was so excited to see him qualify for the Olympics and was awesome to see him able to skate there. What a fabulous performer, it was like watching a movie. You could really see the scene around him. His programs are just packed full of choreography. Not many crossovers to speak of, definitely one of my faves from now on.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I liked his fs the best yesterday.

ME TOO!!!!! :love:

When he was a Jr skating for the US I remember hearing people (officials even) saying how much he gave off a "young Scott Hamilton vibe". He really is just dynamic and engaging and gives off that "nice guy" aura.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
I like what Kurt Browning and Carol Lane - our CBC commentators said of Keegan's personality. Kurt says "you just meet him and he is so infectious, he is someone you want to be around and watch him skate." Keegan is the perfect mix of a Canadian/American - he has that "aw shucks" and positiveness of an American and that easy going politeness of a Canadian. I got a kick out of him saying "dang" - that's his American side coming out

:biggrin:

Go Keegan!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I look forward to seeing Keegan and Patrick at Worlds.

I love to watch him too! He always makes me smile! I didn't realize how old he was until the NBC steam commentator mentioned it, though.

Patrick has already announced his retirement, hasn't he??

Patrick has said the Olympics was his last eligible competition ever, so he will not be at Worlds.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like what Kurt Browning and Carol Lane - our CBC commentators said of Keegan's personality. Kurt says "you just meet him and he is so infectious, he is someone you want to be around and watch him skate." Keegan is the perfect mix of a Canadian/American - he has that "aw shucks" and positiveness of an American and that easy going politeness of a Canadian. I got a kick out of him saying "dang" - that's his American side coming out

:biggrin:

Go Keegan!

That's because above all he is ALASKAN! #AlaskaStrong

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
But USA thought it was too expensive for Keegan to travel from Alaska, so he wasn't worth their time. I'm glad Canada gave him a chance!

Very true, but Alaska Pride is more than American pride! ;) First and foremost ALASKAN! ;)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am totally indebted to Tonichelle for introducing me to the joys of Keegan when he was still competing (internationally) as a junior. For several summers we got to see him compete @ the Liberty Summer Competition in Aston, PA (now called the Philadelphia International Summer Competition). Even my friends who are casual skating fans (and have gone to the summer competitions with us) ask about how Keegan is doing, so I share videos of him whenever possible. :love: ya, Keegan! :hap10: