Coaching Change Needed? | Golden Skate

Coaching Change Needed?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
During these OG I've read in so many topics and about so many different skaters the sentence "He\She\They would need a coaching change" so I'm here to ask you...

Who do you think would benefit from a coaching change? Who would you send them to and why?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I'd like to see a young promising lady go to Eteri, simply because she's much better at giving her ladies the programs and jump content to get them to the next level.

Personal favorite would be Anna Tarusina because I think that the combination could work well. But I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some others like Kanysheva, Sinitsina or especially Kostiuk moving to Eteri.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Marin Honda.

Her coach spoke ill of her publicly. And she's very obviously 2nd fiddle.

She should go where she wants. Whether within Japan or outside. She has the money to leave so I'd like to see her in North America but she's young and may not wish to leave her family/country before high school is done.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Marin Honda.

Her coach spoke ill of her publicly. And she's very obviously 2nd fiddle.

She should go where she wants. Whether within Japan or outside. She has the money to leave so I'd like to see her in North America but she's young and may not wish to leave her family/country before high school is done.

What did he say?

eriecold

On the Ice
Bradie

She has the jumps and consistency(even with the past couple of days), now she needs someone to help her up her PCS or she'll never be competitive.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
What did he say?

She - Marin's coach is Mie Hamada, who also coaches Satoko.

I wouldn't say Hamada spoke ill of Marin, though. But I don't know enough about it, I haven't heard anything of Marin since Nationals. What I heard is that Hamada spoke to the press ~Skate Canada and told them to stop giving Marin so much attention because it was 'spoiling' her and affecting her training. (Marin was getting insane levels of hype in Japan.)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Send Andrew Torgashev and Daniel Samohin to Raf

Most of Mishin's skaters would probably be well served to seek greener pastures, but I don't know where they would all go...Urmanov, Plushy? No disrespect to the Professor but I don't see any positive outlook for his skaters, just poor packaging season after season, and little effort to catch up with the COP era after all this time.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
What did he say?

From what I recall she said Marin wasn't doing enough in training and that the media is spoiling her.

I understand having issues with a student but to talk about them publicly is just bad IMO.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anastasia Gubanova to Plushenko!! She just needs those few PCS points that a prestigious coach brings :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anastasia Gubanova to Plushenko!! She just needs those few PCS points that a prestigious coach brings :)

What she needs is work with her jumps, especially the Lutz. It completely interrupts the flow of her programs and in process also lowers her PCS.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I would like Kolyada to try also with an additional coach, if not getting an all time other coach. His team didn't know how to pace him and how to package him, wanted too much too early, pushed him too much this season, etc. Also, he needs someone who knows how to prepare him mentally, what to say him before competition. Plushenko mighty can give the second part, but he also has not at the moment the experience of an established international coach, Mishin is too old, Tarasova had made also only questionable decisions in the last years. I don't think he has the money for Orser or another part of the world, so who could improve him in Russia? Urmanov? Eteri? In my dream he would go to Lambiel also for coaching not just choreography....