2018 Junior World Championships Short Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Short Dance

madison

Record Breaker
C/P remind me of Sinitsina/Katsalapov, and not for the twizzle lol.:laugh:.
They are beautiful, but not very expressive and she doesn't have the greatest skating skills in the world.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tech score before it disappeared was 29.65. If that holds, they'd need PCS of 32.74 to move into 2nd.

bramweld

Record Breaker
But they were doing so well until the twizzle. Will they be fourth? :( And yet, he was the one who messed up!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow. Out of the last group. I don't think they have a shot at winning now.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
So twizzle aside for everyone...

The Russian and Canadians to my eyes (and low quality stream) are much much stronger than the americans just in terms of edges. CAN pattern (GOE not level) was big, RUS pattern was precise.
But even in the program in its construction if I didn't know any team and you'd ask me to rank them based on what I saw (aside mistakes), I'd have 1-RUS and 2-CAN (one is very powerful the other very elegant). Both teams were shining.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
well, happy for 1/2, because both were my favourite performances overall - Russians on more 'elegant'/sensual side of style, Canadians on more energetic/exuberant and 'attacking' one. Both had very good timing and attention to the detail, control over the movement and leading it to the music and I love this joy/chemistry between partners in each team. I am enjoying Marjorie and Zachary more and more each time watching - they are shaping up to better and better performers than just skaters. I was already quite an enthusiast of Anastasia and Kirill from this season - I just pray that they will get good material as seniors and develop in terms of expression/presentation.

Sorry for Christina and Anthony, shame about those twizzles, but to be honest - I am quite fed up to see them with Igor whose senior teams seems to have a constant technical rollercoaster this season with levels...

Barb

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Igor, it seems he has problems with all their teams.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Sorry for Christina and Anthony, shame about those twizzles, but to be honest - I am quite fed up to see them with Igor whose senior teams seems to have a constant technical rollercoaster this season with levels...

I very much agree... I thought Igor was the on that knows all bout levels, he sure did a few years ago. I don't know what's happenning this year.

And I think C/P should leave him because they are looking already like an Igor team. The thing is, when in a couple the man is very strong, you have to make him more valuable to the choreography, share the fun, don't just do the presentation of the lady.