2018 Junior World Championships Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Pairs SP

ters

Rinkside
Nesterova is just exquisite. She and Darenskiy teamed up around December.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i think this was Isabella and Ton's 1st 3 twist attemt at competition, dont remember if they did during JGP, i really like their skating

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, very gutsy to put solo jump at the end, i thought i missed it :biggrin: they have some cool transitions

ters

Rinkside
Looking at the PCS so far, it seems the judging instructions are "punish skaters who good lines/carriage/polish". :scratch2: Seriously, why are the PCS for UKR and CZE so low? They both need to develop more but they weren't that bad!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Looking at the PCS so far, it seems the judging instructions are "punish skaters who good lines/carriage/polish". :scratch2: Seriously, why are the PCS for UKR and CZE so low? They both need to develop more but they weren't that bad!

I wouldn't worry so much about the PCS scores, as both pairs are very young. It probably has something to do with how judges perceive "maturity" and the fact that they're only doing double twists and throws. But, I do hope that they won't be discouraged and keep moving forward, because the potential is absolutely there. Duskova/Bidar were 10th and 8th at WJC but they kept persevering and are where they are at today; hope these pairs can do the same.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think we also have to take into account the reality of the first groups. Even Mishina/Galliamov were slightly underscored considering they are definitely front-runners for the title. But it's good that these teams are putting out their programs, the most they show themselves to the judges the better - I'd even use Dukova/Bidar as an example, that managed to blow their PBs in their third season competing in the JGPs and Worlds just because they managed to compete well.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Great skate by Sarah and TJ! They have developed really quickly this season! That throw was really odd though; surprised that she landed it.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
didnt get this program but well done for skating clean and PB by 12 points!!

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
didnt get this program but well done for skating clean and PB by 12 points!!

Yikes botched lift by the Chinese. So far though the panel hasn't invalidated it yet though.

Also the music is just so so so weird. It's too strong for them and makes them seem so slow and boring.