Entries | Golden Skate

Entries

Andrea82

Medalist
Leccardi as second Italian girl

Lecavelier is the French entry

Ponsart instead of Besseghier/Aymoz. Besseghier is not listed even as a reserve. Retirement after Olympics?

Rippon confirmed as withdrawn.

Jinseo Kim for South Korea Man

Pavlov instead of Paniot for Ukraine

Ruest / Wolfe replace Duhamel/Radford. As expected, Nguyen instead of Chan and Soucisse/Firus instead of Virtue/Moir.

Iris81

On the Ice
Zhulin just said that Bobrova/Soloviev will not participate. He thinks Sinitsina/Katsalapov must go as substitutes, but i don't know if it is possible as only Popova and Zagorski are in the entries list as substitutes.

Nirti

Medalist
No danish team Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen? Do they retire? :(
Jorik Hendrickx isn't on the list too. No Han Yan too. Shuran Yu from Singapore is missing too (but skipped 4 Continents too)

Chafik Bessegnier and Maé-Bérénice Meité even not as substitutes... Retirement or blacklisting from French fed?

I don't understand why Jinseo Kim for South Korea?? Junhwan Cha just withdrew from Junior Worlds and Junehyoung Lee did better results...

Andrea82

Medalist
I don't understand why Jinseo Kim for South Korea?? Junhwan Cha just withdrew from Junior Worlds and Junehyoung Lee did better results...

I think South Korea selected for Worlds based on Nationals. Cha said he is ending his season with Olympics according to some posts on his fan thread here.
Jinseo finished second over Lee and got the spot.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
So, to summarize...

Men

Yuzuru Hanyu, Shoma Uno still plan to participate
Nam Nguyen replaces Patrick Chan
Han Yan withdrawn
Jinseo Kim replaces Jun-hwan Cha
Javier Raya replaces Javier Fernandez
[Edit: Max Aaron announced to replace Adam Rippon, as announced by USFSA. Jason Brown is speculatively organizing training and will not be attending Worlds.]

Ladies

Osmond, Kostner, and Zagitova still plan to participate.
Mae Berenice Meite replaced by Laurine Lecavelier.
[EDIT: Wakaba Higuchi assigned to Worlds. Kaori Sakamoto never assigned to Worlds.]
[EDIT: Evgenia Medvedeva withdrew, replaced by Stanislava Konstantinova.]

Pairs

Savchenko/Massot, Tarasova/Morozov still plan to participate
Duhamel/Radford replaced by Ruest/Wolfe (Ilyushechkina/Moscovitch still an alternate, ouch)
[EDIT: Sui/Han withdrew due to injury. Replaced by Peng/Jin.]

Ice Dance

Papadakis/Cizeron, Hubbell/Donohue still participating
[EDIT: Smart/Diaz assigned to Worlds. Hurtado/Khaliavin never assigned to Worlds.]
Soucisse/Firus replacing Virtue/Moir
[EDIT: Shibutanis not attending Worlds. Hawayek/Baker replacing them, as announced by USFSA.]
(Bobrova/Soloviev may not be there?)

Kittosuni

Medalist
Bobrova/Soloviev is still listed but looks like they are out and Z/G will replace them but on the list P/M is the first alternate.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
I would love to finaly see Betina and Sergiey on the Worlds stage
Come on Russian Fed Tiffany and John did Olys

tulosai

Record Breaker
Bobrova/Soloviev is still listed but looks like they are out and Z/G will replace them but on the list P/M is the first alternate.

Alternates are always listed in alphabetical order. It's not an indication of who is first and second alternate or who the fed will send.

Hope I don't sound patronizing at all, it took me like 3 years to figure that one out myself.

viennaskater

Medalist
Not happy that neither of the Kevins are competing - Reynolds and Aymoz. And I was hoping to see Giada Russo after her interesting SP at the Olys.
And still Sergei Voronov gets ousted - disgusting. He skated so well at the Grand Prix and it's so refreshing to see his enthusiasm in comparison to Kolyada, who's been miserable all season (fed up with it).

Good to see Kayne and O'Shea in the pairs - love them!

Overall, a healthy number of entries. Not always been that way after an Olympics.

CAS

On the Ice
Not happy that neither of the Kevins are competing - Reynolds and Aymoz.

Unfortunately Reynolds hasn't progressed since his injuries and was only fifth at Nationals. Sixth in the FS. I have a fondness for Kevin but he just hasn't really recovered yet.

I really hope the Danish team omission is an error. One of the teams I most enjoy in ice dance and was hoping to see those programs again.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Surprised that there is no Galustyan for Armenia. Is she injured or something?

(I'll be posting her Fan Fest within the next few days).

Leccardi as second Italian girl

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

Absolutely delighted to see my Elisabetta get the call up.

Have to be honest, I was expecting Leccardi to go to Junior Worlds and for Giada Russo and Micol Cristini to share the second Senior Worlds / Olympics slot. After all, they were the ones that went to Europeans with Carolina. So, I do feel sorry for Micol missing out.

So looking forward to seeing how she gets on.

CaroLiza_fan

LadyB

Record Breaker
And still Sergei Voronov gets ousted - disgusting. He skated so well at the Grand Prix

This really winds me up. Is not as if they had been so terribly successful at Olys. Give the man a chance, Fed! Shame he did not compete in the Russian Cup.

I really wouldn't mind if Zhulin gets his will and SinKats replace B/S... their last two performances prior to the injury were actually pretty good.

f1nnstep

Rinkside
Finland will send Viveca Lindfors instead of Emmi Peltonen based on seasons best.

Emmi got the olympic spot with the same criteria and Viveca has scored better in the meanwhile.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I wonder why I/M were not selected. Are they injured? Canada chances for 3 spots in pairs goes down.