Entries | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Entries

mrsaybia

Rinkside
Does anyone know why Jorik Hendrickx isn't on the list? Is he injured or is he retiring? I saw on his webpage that the Worlds is on his list to skate. But no Jorik on the Entry List from the ISU.

Nirti

Medalist
Does anyone know why Jorik Hendrickx isn't on the list? Is he injured or is he retiring? I saw on his webpage that the Worlds is on his list to skate. But no Jorik on the Entry List from the ISU.

I've read that he was too tired after the Olympics and prefered to skip Worlds this year

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not a fan of Ashley here.

I prefer the Ladies line-up as it is, it is even stronger than at the Olympics.

How is it stronger? ARe you saying the Americans are stronger because Kaori isn't here and Evgenia is rumoured to be more injured? Ladies appears to have the least changes. I do believe the odds favour that with three American ladies and Osmond probably more vulnerable that there will be an american in the top5 but I am not so sure they are stronger than the olympics. One of them is prone to bomb - or make some big errors. But with the odds favoring Osmond not doing so well and Daleman in trouble the US shold hold on to three spots - unless the unspeakable happens and both Canadian girls bring it again and ditto for the Japanese then the real unspeakable could happen and the americans lose a spot. So if the US got unlucky something like Alina, Evgenia, Carolina, Miyhara, Karen, Higuchi, Osmond, Daleman, Tennell then there could be an issue.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not officially... yet, but the rumor does seem to be doing the rounds. Isn't she getting treatment for her foot?
I'm kind of hoping to see "new" faces in Milan, so wouldn't particularly mind... but I do feel bad for her if it's true.

Your comment is a bit concerning. Evgenia is just 18 and the suggestion you want a new face is a bit sad and concerning. She got replaced by a 15 year old. She is barely a woman. If you want new faces then get rid of Carolina not saying that is appropriate. she has had more opportunities and held up for years. Bump off Mirai for a new American but that is unlikely because Ashley is next.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Happy for H/B and Max. Also for Anna & Luca, because no V/M and S/S means increased chance for medalling at home! :hap10: Which would be marvelous way to end their career :)

Italy is really going to benefit from all the withdrawls - that being in the home nation they probably will outperform medal wise Canada. Canada will drop a lot in the team event. Italy will probably win a pairs medal, dance and ladies. Asking Rizzo to medal is a bit much; he already squeaked out a world junior medal. (He is tough but I do think he might be ready for a not so good performance if not because he has competed a lot.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Your comment is a bit concerning. Evgenia is just 18 and the suggestion you want a new face is a bit sad and tconcerning.

Nothing so deep to my comment and definitely not “concerning”. I just have seen her “in real life” a few times before and wouldn’t mind seeing another skater. That’s it. I just enjoy seeing different skaters, too. However, whatever rumor there was, haven’t seen it pop up again, and it’s getting very close to Worlds, so hopefully she’s fine and we’ll get a spectacular Evgenya on the ice.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
No. :( I was actually hoping Averbukh was just exaggerating. I didn't want it to be true. Get well soon, Zhenya...

So this means there will be no World Champions defending their title this year. :sad21:

vavavoom

Rinkside
How is it stronger? ARe you saying the Americans are stronger because Kaori isn't here and Evgenia is rumoured to be more injured? Ladies appears to have the least changes. I do believe the odds favour that with three American ladies and Osmond probably more vulnerable that there will be an american in the top5 but I am not so sure they are stronger than the olympics. One of them is prone to bomb - or make some big errors. But with the odds favoring Osmond not doing so well and Daleman in trouble the US shold hold on to three spots - unless the unspeakable happens and both Canadian girls bring it again and ditto for the Japanese then the real unspeakable could happen and the americans lose a spot. So if the US got unlucky something like Alina, Evgenia, Carolina, Miyhara, Karen, Higuchi, Osmond, Daleman, Tennell then there could be an issue.

Simple, it is stronger because I believe Wakaba is stronger than Kaori. Also, Finland is sending a stronger skater imho... otherwise, every single fav that competed at Olympics will compete here.

edit: Now we learn Medvedeva withdrew... but still it's an amazing line-up for post Olympic Worlds.

Andrea82

Medalist
Anna Khnychenkova is not on the entry list anymore

An update has been done to Pairs page tonight too but I am not sure which one. Is it Hase/Seegert removed from Subs list?

Jedi

On the Ice
Simple, it is stronger because I believe Wakaba is stronger than Kaori. Also, Finland is sending a stronger skater imho... otherwise, every single fav that competed at Olympics will compete here.

edit: Now we learn Medvedeva withdrew... but still it's an amazing line-up for post Olympic Worlds.

got it but without Evgenia you are talking a gold medal contender so we are definitely weaker. And the odds are the skating will not be as good as per usual after olympics so might not be so strong other than maybe Wakababy.

oceanle

Rinkside
Great opportunity for Hubbell/Donahue to finally win a World medal. Perhaps it's a silver! I have a feeling Kaetlyn will have a battle with Alina for gold. After seeing her score of 150+ at the Olympics, I think she has gotten a new found confidence. Her score when skating consistently clean should have better score than Alina.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
no, Kaetlyn frontloads many of her jumping passes which are easier than Alina's anyway