Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Entries

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Your comment is a bit concerning. Evgenia is just 18 and the suggestion you want a new face is a bit sad and tconcerning.
    Nothing so deep to my comment and definitely not “concerning”. I just have seen her “in real life” a few times before and wouldn’t mind seeing another skater. That’s it. I just enjoy seeing different skaters, too. However, whatever rumor there was, haven’t seen it pop up again, and it’s getting very close to Worlds, so hopefully she’s fine and we’ll get a spectacular Evgenya on the ice.

0 Not allowed!
    OMG!! Perhaps there will be on WC ONLY Alina!!

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Medvedeva WD, Konstantinova will replace her
    http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3644...-v-milane.html

2 Not allowed!
    No. I was actually hoping Averbukh was just exaggerating. I didn't want it to be true. Get well soon, Zhenya...

So this means there will be no World Champions defending their title this year.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    How is it stronger? ARe you saying the Americans are stronger because Kaori isn't here and Evgenia is rumoured to be more injured? Ladies appears to have the least changes. I do believe the odds favour that with three American ladies and Osmond probably more vulnerable that there will be an american in the top5 but I am not so sure they are stronger than the olympics. One of them is prone to bomb - or make some big errors. But with the odds favoring Osmond not doing so well and Daleman in trouble the US shold hold on to three spots - unless the unspeakable happens and both Canadian girls bring it again and ditto for the Japanese then the real unspeakable could happen and the americans lose a spot. So if the US got unlucky something like Alina, Evgenia, Carolina, Miyhara, Karen, Higuchi, Osmond, Daleman, Tennell then there could be an issue.

Simple, it is stronger because I believe Wakaba is stronger than Kaori. Also, Finland is sending a stronger skater imho... otherwise, every single fav that competed at Olympics will compete here.

edit: Now we learn Medvedeva withdrew... but still it's an amazing line-up for post Olympic Worlds.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Anna Khnychenkova is not on the entry list anymore

An update has been done to Pairs page tonight too but I am not sure which one. Is it Hase/Seegert removed from Subs list?

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vavavoom View Post
    Simple, it is stronger because I believe Wakaba is stronger than Kaori. Also, Finland is sending a stronger skater imho... otherwise, every single fav that competed at Olympics will compete here.

edit: Now we learn Medvedeva withdrew... but still it's an amazing line-up for post Olympic Worlds.
    got it but without Evgenia you are talking a gold medal contender so we are definitely weaker. And the odds are the skating will not be as good as per usual after olympics so might not be so strong other than maybe Wakababy.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iris81 View Post
    Medvedeva WD, Konstantinova will replace her
    http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3644...-v-milane.html
    I think Tsurskaya would have had a much better chance at medalling.

1 Not allowed!
    Great opportunity for Hubbell/Donahue to finally win a World medal. Perhaps it's a silver! I have a feeling Kaetlyn will have a battle with Alina for gold. After seeing her score of 150+ at the Olympics, I think she has gotten a new found confidence. Her score when skating consistently clean should have better score than Alina.

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    no, Kaetlyn frontloads many of her jumping passes which are easier than Alina's anyway

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast