Entries | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Entries

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
USFS just announced Karen Chen and Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea have withdrawn from Worlds. Mariah Bell will replace Chen. First alternate, Ashley Wagner, declined the invitation. Deanna Stellato and Nathan Bartholomay will replace Kayne and O'Shea.

According to IFS Magazine.

During the Big Boot Debacle, I had a feeling that Karen would withdraw. I hope she has a better time of it next season. Best of luck to Mariah.
As for the pairs, all the best to K/O, I hope that whatever is keeping them away isn't too severe. I'm delighted for Deanna and Nathan and look forward to seeing their programs again.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Practice groups and music rotations schedule is now up. (although not up to date with any new withdrawal/replacements)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
USFS just announced Karen Chen and Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea have withdrawn from Worlds. Mariah Bell will replace Chen. First alternate, Ashley Wagner, declined the invitation. Deanna Stellato and Nathan Bartholomay will replace Kayne and O'Shea.

According to IFS Magazine.

I hope Mariah Bell is a commentator for Ice Network in the futrue so we can have an updated version of the "You never know when you have to be ready to compete. I responded quickly to the call to go to 1998 Worlds" story that Tonia K always does! :)

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
I'm glad Mariah gets to go! She's a beautiful skater who could use the extra affirmation

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Any news on why Ashley has declined? Is she too busy practicing Alina's program??

georgia

On the Ice
Any news on why Ashley has declined? Is she too busy practicing Alina's program??
What? So Ashley or anybody else in the free world with an opinion, is now open to personal attac? Ashley critic the program and not the skater! Many observers agreed with her .

Jedi

On the Ice
There was the Russian Cup Final which is often used as a deciding comp in that kind of situations. Polina had her chance but blew it sadly finishing in 6th there. The rumour is that she could not train very hard due to health issues.
All this outcry about Stanislava is ridiculous as there was not much choice really... If juniors could go to Senior Worlds then is would be different matter of course

It seems to me Radinova and Liza T. should have been full out training. Now what a mess.

Jedi

On the Ice
There is going to be a lot of pressure on Bradie and Mirai to hold on to three spots. Hope Mirai with all the attention can focus and has been practising.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is going to be a lot of pressure on Bradie and Mirai to hold on to three spots. Hope Mirai with all the attention can focus and has been practising.

I am not relying on Mirai for anything. She was content with her individual performances at the Olympics and that was enough for me to write her off for Worlds. IMO, she is effectively retired in place---she got her trip to the Olympics and a bronze medal. In her mind, nothing else (other than the Oscars festivities) can measure up to that---including this Worlds.

ice_tulip

On the Ice
I am not relying on Mirai for anything. She was content with her individual performances at the Olympics and that was enough for me to write her off for Worlds. IMO, she is effectively retired in place---she got her trip to the Olympics and a bronze medal. In her mind, nothing else (other than the Oscars festivities) can measure up to that---including this Worlds.

Sadly, it does seem like that's accurate, but I hope she comes prepared and proves us wrong. I certainly wonder how her training has been going since the Oscars. Haven't heard anything. I'm actually surprised she hasn't withdrawn.

risingtrot

On the Ice
I get this feeling that US is not so much interested in getting 3 spots... with skaters backing out.
That said, I am glad Mariah will be given the chance to skate.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Interesting. "A few months back..." So she decided she was ready to go to the Olympics, but not the Worlds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_EXBvO3NFc Anyway, I'm sad she declined. I think with the experience she has and a clean skate she could have been up there on the podium.

Nationals were in early January. It's entirely possible that she meant she decided soon after Nationals finished. That would only be a couple of months, but lots of people say 'few' when 'couple' would be more accurate.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
Interesting. "A few months back..." So she decided she was ready to go to the Olympics, but not the Worlds? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_EXBvO3NFc Anyway, I'm sad she declined. I think with the experience she has and a clean skate she could have been up there on the podium.

Is there something wrong with that?Sorry but I can't see anything wrong with Ashley withdrawing at WC (except I am kinda disappointed not to see her there). But since she's practicing for the olympics and not for the WC, Ashley may have already set her mind that she will go at the Olympics but not in WC.