2nd pair of skates | Golden Skate

2nd pair of skates

daisybuchanan

Spectator
ELLES vs SCOTT HAMILTON

Hello, this is my first time posting on this website. I am a fairly beginner skater and have recently been informed that I should get a new pair of skates. The skates I am currently skating in are Ridell emeralds, and they have broken down quite a bit. When I went to my local rink's equipment store and they suggested I get Risport Scott Hamilton skates, but I couldn't find much information online about them. I was also recommended Jackson Elle fusion skates (but they would have to be ordered). Does anyone have information on either skates or other recommendations? (if it helps I am currently working on backward crossovers, three turns, one-foot spins, bunny hops, side toe hops, and lunges). Any input would be highly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

Jh9772

Rinkside
A google search of Risport Scott Hamilton skate shows them as the first result on a skatewear website.

If your skate tech says they are the right skates for you then go with whichever one fits your foot correctly.

Last edited:

SmallAminal

On the Ice
First of all, you need to get ones that fit your feet - different brands have different fits, so make sure that you get a skate that fits the shape of YOUR foot.

The rink store that you are going to - are they super-experienced in fitting figure skates or is it just a place that stocks some figure skate stuff? Did they have you try on anything, look at your feet, etc.? Make sure you see a fitter that is specialized in figure skates - they will be able to recommend the right brand and model for your foot, skating level, and height/weight. Sometimes the rink shops are great and sometimes they are just hockey shops with a couple of figure skates.

daisybuchanan

Spectator
A google search of Risport Scott Hamilton skate shows them as the first result on a skatewear website.

If your skate tech says they are the right skates for you then go with whichever one fits your foot correctly.

I did see the listing, but other than that and an Instagram post from a skate store but other than that I couldn't find anything, also thanks for the advice!