2018 Junior World Championships Pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Pairs FS

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Perfectly delighted with the podium, it gives me hope that Russian pairs will continue to be at the top in future.
I loved all three pairs, but thought that K/I could do a notch better. I love what they're doing. Despite it being two different disciplines, they reminded me a bit of Gilles/Poirier music and movement wise.

I've noticed that M/G are training with Stolbova/Klimov's old coach Ludmilla Velikova, while K/I have trained with her husband, who was also involved in S/K's development. I like it!!!
It says in the ISU bio that P/K are working or have worked with Daniil Gleykhengauz. Another thing I like. :):hap10:
I believe her choreograohed their SP if I remember correctly

Jedi

On the Ice
Interesting results. Good job by the Russians - there is hope for them in the future. I believe at the World Championships both seniors and juniors you will see the USA and Canada really duking it out and the results of the other affects the nation's chance to get three skaters/teams for next year's world's. In pairs USA got the benefit but it was darn close; Canada easily could have had three. For whatever reason those two nations have the abilit to effect each other's chances it seems a lot. Three American ladies versus three Canadians (ok 2 - sorry Larkyn) The placements are key of course.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
The US team in fifth place is young enough to do another year in juniors!

Lu & Mitofanov have improved a lot since the fall series! I just hope Lu does not grow too much, and gains some core strength. I like the fact that Misha can do a really nice spiral. I wish they would go to Fontana, Kerr & Zimmerman in Florida to train along side James & Cipres. I would not rule out their chances of success in seniors. That 3S 1Lp 3S is very cool, and was the highest scoring combo in the competition.

Feng has come a long way in pairs for an ice dancer, and Nyman is very young for a pairs guy. You don't usually see a junior pair where the guy is younger. I wish they held positions longer! I wonder whether they will split? Nyman could do several years more in juniors, but Feng is aging out...

Sarah Feng does not turn 19 until September 2018, so Feng/Nyman have 1 more possible year in Juniors