Trusova and Quads | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Trusova and Quads

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I cannot find the other anywhere... what is it?
There are two words in Russian that her surname means:
1) трус (trus) - coward
2) трусы (trusi; only plural) - panties

So, there are some russian fans calling her informally панцуняша (pantsunyasha) which is somewhat equivalent to japanese "pantsu-chan" or "panties-girl" if you will ) Well, while it definitely has affectionate connotation - I admit that it's not very respectful naming though - but is very amusing ^^

MRani

On the Ice
So the skating position in FS will determine who will be the first lady to land a 4T in competition? Scherb or Trus?

Scherbakova isn’t skating at junior worlds. So it only depends on whether Trusova attempts and lands it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
asada was pushing her 3a everewhere many years and figure skating stayed where it was, nothing happend

all stays the same - no progress

and kihira's other jumps are weak, she is even more boring than asada.

lucky combo 3a-3t and she is not even in the top 3 at jgpf that's how she is pushing this sport. so this is your words slander here

mirai's also jumping 3a

Lucky?! Right because she never had to work hard to land that. I don't see the Russian girls (or any others) landing 3A+3T in any competition.

Man, I hope Trusova lands a clean quad more than once - since obviously the first time a skater does a tough element cleanly, it's only "lucky", according to you. :sarcasm:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
That's such a beautiful jump. So clean and crisp. Senior men's field who?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Man, I hope Trusova lands a clean quad more than once - since obviously the first time a skater does a tough element cleanly, it's only "lucky", according to you. :sarcasm:

Internationally Trusova didn't even land a clean quad yet. But i assume that her URs and falls are glorious while Kihira 3A-3T is lucky.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
asada was pushing her 3a everewhere many years and figure skating stayed where it was, nothing happend

all stays the same - no progress

and kihira's other jumps are weak, she is even more boring than asada.

lucky combo 3a-3t and she is not even in the top 3 at jgpf that's how she is pushing this sport. so this is your words slander here

mirai's also jumping 3a

Rika has already reached amazing 3A quality. So, I think "lucky" is not a good word for it. And you could push the sport even if you are not an unbeatable champion.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The subject was pushing forward. With all my Alena's admiration I can't say she has brought anything new to the sport so far.

And for me Kihira is pushing the sport. It's not because she wasn't on JGPF podium that we should ignore difficults stuffs that she does. We've seen skaters be on podium with 2-3 triples or win with 4 triples. Did they push the sport?

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
some nice spin positions for example :)

Yes, and impressive transitions/steps into her triple lutz :)

I for one don't agree that just because there aren't more ladies jumping 3As and quads, ladies skating has not moved forward technically.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Rika has already reached amazing 3A quality. So, I think "lucky" is not a good word for it. And you could push the sport even if you are not an unbeatable champion.

Just ignore this person... don't fall for it ;)

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
as i wrote, asada also has jumped her triple axels everywhere, midori ito once jumped 3a back in the nineties.

figure skating stayed where it was. nothing happened

and this is impudence to put kihira here in the thread about the other skater.

but if so, i say two simple words: stephen gogolev. that's who will push sport forward along with brian.

looking forward to see quad lutz, quad sal and quad toeloop from 13 years old boy next season

Sk8rBoii

On the Ice
I don't really have my hopes up for fully rotated / cleanly landed quads. In the 90's I always expected Surya Bonali to be the first lady to land a quad toe cleanly in competition, since she landed it just fine in practise. But she never managed, and I really don't want to have my hopes up only to be dissappointed again.

And Miki Ando... never repeated her (slightly ur by today's rules) 4S in competition either.

champs

Final Flight
I don't really have my hopes up for fully rotated / cleanly landed quads. In the 90's I always expected Surya Bonali to be the first lady to land a quad toe cleanly in competition, since she landed it just fine in practise. But she never managed, and I really don't want to have my hopes up only to be dissappointed again.

And Miki Ando... never repeated her (slightly ur by today's rules) 4S in competition either.

Is their any footage of Bonaly's 4S in practice that's no more than a quarter turn short on the landing end?
Also, Ando repeatedly attempted 4S in competitions, all underrotated to varied degrees, and I count at least five of them landed without falling/stepout/a hand down.