2018 Junior World Championships Ladies FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies FS

Spinning

On the Ice
It's good to see.

I'm not sure why video game music isn't used in figure skating more often. There's so many movie soundtracks used but so little video game music... Even though many of them are incredible compositions

Final Fantasy and Zelda have had their shares in the past!

SkaterM

Rinkside
I hate to see a skater so devastated after a skate. Kyahara did not have a disastrous skate but, clearly, she needs to evaluate her ability to compete at this level. Her jumps and overall artistry are not at Worlds level.

Well this seems kinda harsh for someone who DID qualify for the FP and left 20 skaters behind her. And to be fair, she didn't compete the whole season before this because of injury, so she is coming back but it needs time. For her, this was a disastrous skate because she can do every jump clean in the program and obviously she didn't today. So yes, I think she can be devastated and it only shows what kind of athlete she is, wanting to be better.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Rough skate for Chloe. Disappointing, she has a natural radiance and connection with an audience, but it doesn’t really work when it’s so messy. I think every jumping pass had an error no? The step sequence wasn’t so bad. She does the combination turns nice.

Time deduction coming though too ?

:(

SkaterM

Rinkside
This next skater is 19. Do they have an age limit for Juniors?

Yes, 18. But if you're 18 at the first of June it counts. So if your birthday is the 2nd of June, you're lucky cause you have an extra year in juniors even though you're 19.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
5 Chloe ING (SIN)

Music: Ave Maria (Medley) by Franz Schubert, performed by Amanda Ghost, Ian Dench, Makeba Riddick, Beyonce

White long-sleeve dress, shredded hem, silver sparkle

3Lo - stepout, hand down
3S - fall
3Lo+2T
FCSp3
StSq
3S+REP - fall
2A+2T - wild landing on 2A
2Lz+2Lo+2Lo - stepout, e?
2A - stepout
LSp3
CCoSp4

Messy skate, she smiles but looks disappointed

FS: 35.95+41.04-2.00 = 74.99, 124.26, 4/5

slider11

Medalist
Well this seems kinda harsh for someone who DID qualify for the FP and left 20 skaters behind her. And to be fair, she didn't compete the whole season before this because of injury, so she is coming back but it needs time. For her, this was a disastrous skate because she can do every jump clean in the program and obviously she didn't today. So yes, I think she can be devastated and it only shows what kind of athlete she is, wanting to be better.

Fair comment. I retract my comment of her not continuing her dreams. Just watching Chloe Ing, who had a tougher skate but maintained this lovely positive vibe, and she makes me want to not only root for her but have strong expectations of future gains.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Yeah that's right. But after 1st of June so her "skating age" for next season will be 19 because that is the age she has at the first of June. So in the current season her "skating age" is still 18.

Correction from above, this is correct ^. I misunderstood what SkaterM was saying. I thought they meant you had to be under 18 not 19.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
6 Kristen SPOURS (GBR)

Music: Mack and Mable

Black dress, sheer sleeve, silver spakle at neckline

3Lz
3Lo - fall
3F - fall
CCoSp3
2F+2Lo - hangs on
3F+2T
2A+1T+1Lo
2A
FCCoSp3
StSq2
SSp3

Mixed skate with 2 falls

FS: 41.37+40.27-2.00 = 79.64, 129.21, 3/6

schizoanalyst

Medalist
The music is a bit much for Kristen. She is running out of steam. :eek:hwell:

I will never understand why choreographers and coaches allow (give?) skaters to use music that either overpowers them or that they can't possibly keep up with. This doesn't only apply to the lower ranked juniors either ...

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I will never understand why choreographers and coaches allow (give?) skaters to use music that either overpowers them or that they can't possibly keep up with. This doesn't only apply to the lower ranked juniors either ...

Sadly you see quite often that a skater is virtually swallowed by the music

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah that's right. But after 1st of June so her "skating age" for next season will be 19 because that is the age she has at the first of June. So in the current season her "skating age" is still 18.

I thought it was July and not June...:confused: