Artur Danielian | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
That SP is a total killer - he has it down soooo good.

It will take a bit of trying getting the new content into the FS, but I hope he has the stubborness to get through the process - for Javi eg it took about a year to get the second quad into his SP and these were jumps he already had been doing for years... Patience...

E

This SP suits him down to the ground (or should I say the ice [emoji6]). Last season his programs didn’t suit him that much. You can tell he enjoys performing his ones this season especially his SP so much more which is probably helped him nail the SP both times on the JGP. [emoji1377]

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This SP suits him down to the ground (or should I say the ice [emoji6]). Last season his programs didn’t suit him that much. You can tell he enjoys performing his ones this season especially his SP so much more which is probably helped him nail the SP both times on the JGP. [emoji1377]

I disagree.

The SP sure, it didn't suit him as he is not an extrovert and couldn't really sell it like it should have been sold but he tried. It was to be expected since TAT doesn't really know Artur's style.

The FP, IMO, is Artur's natural style of skating. Artur's a graceful skater and he does this style well. Even Flade mentioned it in an interview from Sophia Worlds that he has graceful/balletic movements. The arm/head/hand movements especially in the footwork, came off very natural as if he wasn't taught to move that way. There were lots of people who enjoyed this program from what I read. It suited him much better than Gladiator and actually, it seems people talk a lot about the Spanish SP (rave reviews) and hardly mention the FP. People seem split. I spoke to someone on Instagram about it today actually! LOL. Most do, however, love the Gladiator costume!

And he said in an interview during test skates that he likes to try different styles to show some versitility. And since he can't do Spanish/classical all the time, nor will Buyanova allow him to, he will always have some hit and misses. Either you like them or not I suppose. Funnily enough, there were a lot of people who like the SP from last season! I thought it was alright when he landed all his jumps.

I preferred last year's FP. This year, I watch Gladiator once per competition and then I'm done. The changes made to it after test skates, especially the music change in the footwork from Ten Tenors to whatever that is and the choreography change to "Duduk of the North" essentially killed it for me. The footwork is a mess. The music sticks out so much from the rest of the program that it seems like he walked off the set of Gladiator and ended up in Middle Earth fighting off Wraiths. "The Budget Meeting" from King Arthur doesn't stick out that much so I guess you can say I don't mind the 1st half of the program; 2nd half from Duduk onwards is barely watchable and it pains me to say that. So if it works for you that's fine. We like what we like (shrug). The SP I watch on repeat though.

ETA: I'm curious to see what they will do to the music edit of Gladiator once he skates senior and has to add a choreo sequence. He already has 5 music cuts :slink: No actually he has 6 different pieces of music in a 3:30 program and for me that's a lot. But as long as he skates it well he will surely be at the top of the standings.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I disagree.

The SP sure, it didn't suit him as he is not an extrovert and couldn't really sell it like it should have been sold but he tried. It was to be expected since TAT doesn't really know Artur's style.

The FP, IMO, is Artur's natural style of skating. Artur's a graceful skater and he does this style well. Even Flade mentioned it in an interview from Sophia Worlds that he has graceful/balletic movements. The arm/head/hand movements especially in the footwork, came off very natural as if he wasn't taught to move that way. There were lots of people who enjoyed this program from what I read. It suited him much better than Gladiator and actually, it seems people talk a lot about the Spanish SP (rave reviews) and hardly mention the FP. People seem split. I spoke to someone on Instagram about it today actually! LOL. Most do, however, love the Gladiator costume!

And he said in an interview during test skates that he likes to try different styles to show some versitility. And since he can't do Spanish/classical all the time, nor will Buyanova allow him to, he will always have some hit and misses. Either you like them or not I suppose. Funnily enough, there were a lot of people who like the SP from last season! I thought it was alright when he landed all his jumps.

I preferred last year's FP. This year, I watch Gladiator once per competition and then I'm done. The changes made to it after test skates, especially the music change in the footwork from Ten Tenors to whatever that is and the choreography change to "Duduk of the North" essentially killed it for me. The footwork is a mess. The music sticks out so much from the rest of the program that it seems like he walked off the set of Gladiator and ended up in Middle Earth fighting off Wraiths. "The Budget Meeting" from King Arthur doesn't stick out that much so I guess you can say I don't mind the 1st half of the program; 2nd half from Duduk onwards is barely watchable and it pains me to say that. So if it works for you that's fine. We like what we like (shrug). The SP I watch on repeat though.

ETA: I'm curious to see what they will do to the music edit of Gladiator once he skates senior and has to add a choreo sequence. He already has 5 music cuts :slink: No actually he has 6 different pieces of music in a 3:30 program and for me that's a lot. But as long as he skates it well he will surely be at the top of the standings.

Yes, I was mainly taking about the SP. I really like Spanish for him. The FP is alright, but it’s something...new for sure. I didn’t like his FS last season...

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
I think that a 15-year-old should not have a set style. (Nor should a 25-year old for that matter.) A good performer should be able to handle all sorts of things. Sure, you can be a bit better eg in lyrical than in doing something sharp and fierce, but I do think Artur has the goods to do just about anything thrown his way. He has beautiful movement, good finish already at his age, ability to do supersharp and supersoft, that sort of naturalness which is convincing and good to watch. He is rarely over or under interpreting what he is supposed to do. I hope they keep making him do different things even in the coming years!

I barely remembered what he did last year and had to go and check. The SP last year was more than ok, he did have a playfulness in it, gave a bit of face as well. The problem was more in the fact that he had to concentrate hard to do the jumps and the gap in performance between the entries and the rest of the skating was fairly steep. This year in the SP the jumps are woven tightly into the choreo and he is able to keep up the character the whole time. This makes a huge difference for the performance and how it is perceived. Plus the style is very similar to the SP he did two years ago (tangoish stuff, but with some of the movement the same). In addition to getting more confidence with the elements, he is at home with the style which helps. Goes also to show how much easier it is to do something familiar!

The FSs have not been very strong yet, but there is so much more to do and control. It takes time to get it all together and done right. Comparing the Gladiators from test skates to now, I think the change in the music for the StSq made it feel a bit more dynamic - Vincerò is a beautiful melody but it sort of drags on instead of giving structure and rhythm to what he does on ice. IMO, the number of cuts really does not define any piece, but rather what gets done with them - Vincerò maybe accentuated the Gladiator theme more as a long piece at the end, but as I said was perhaps not such a great vehicle for the steps. But maybe it is enough to have it at the end as a short version? I hope we get to see it without all the tech problems, so that he feels he can concentrate more on the perfomance side (and yeah, I am so rooting for Gumennik this weekend!).

I think Ted Barton made a good point of him looking down a bit too much when he is concentrating on jumps - he needs to project upwards with his head a bit more consistently.

E

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think that a 15-year-old should not have a set style. (Nor should a 25-year old for that matter.) A good performer should be able to handle all sorts of things. Sure, you can be a bit better eg in lyrical than in doing something sharp and fierce, but I do think Artur has the goods to do just about anything thrown his way. He has beautiful movement, good finish already at his age, ability to do supersharp and supersoft, that sort of naturalness which is convincing and good to watch. He is rarely over or under interpreting what he is supposed to do. I hope they keep making him do different things even in the coming years!

I barely remembered what he did last year and had to go and check. The SP last year was more than ok, he did have a playfulness in it, gave a bit of face as well. The problem was more in the fact that he had to concentrate hard to do the jumps and the gap in performance between the entries and the rest of the skating was fairly steep. This year in the SP the jumps are woven tightly into the choreo and he is able to keep up the character the whole time. This makes a huge difference for the performance and how it is perceived. Plus the style is very similar to the SP he did two years ago (tangoish stuff, but with some of the movement the same). In addition to getting more confidence with the elements, he is at home with the style which helps. Goes also to show how much easier it is to do something familiar!

The FSs have not been very strong yet, but there is so much more to do and control. It takes time to get it all together and done right. Comparing the Gladiators from test skates to now, I think the change in the music for the StSq made it feel a bit more dynamic - Vincerò is a beautiful melody but it sort of drags on instead of giving structure and rhythm to what he does on ice. IMO, the number of cuts really does not define any piece, but rather what gets done with them - Vincerò maybe accentuated the Gladiator theme more as a long piece at the end, but as I said was perhaps not such a great vehicle for the steps. But maybe it is enough to have it at the end as a short version? I hope we get to see it without all the tech problems, so that he feels he can concentrate more on the perfomance side (and yeah, I am so rooting for Gumennik this weekend!).

I think Ted Barton made a good point of him looking down a bit too much when he is concentrating on jumps - he needs to project upwards with his head a bit more consistently.

E

Yeah I don't want to see any skater stuck in a style. Experimenting is good even if the program doesn't work because how else would the skaters know what they are good at if they don't try?

I have pet peeves with too many music cuts, unnecessary sound effects, etc. The FP suffers the same thing that Mozalev and Kovalev's FP suffers. There are music cuts that are so 'what the heck' it takes me completely out of it and it suffers from what I think to be a lack of cohesion and the story falls apart. That piece adds nothing but takes away so much. Oh well. It's not the end of the world, I only watch it once.

I still don't think the FP is ready. I think that is why there are more issues with it. Not sure about the quad. He hit it once every blue moon at JW so I'm not sure if it's a confidence issue or if it just not ready to be inserted or what but it's going to take time for sure. Hope he has the patience and doesn't lose confidence on the attempts.

And yes he looks down a little to much but it has improved I think. I may be the only one who notices that when he makes a mistake he glances over at his coaches. It reminds me of Kochetkova when she fell off the beam in Atlanta and she glanced over at her coach! I don't know what those glances mean but they can be kinda entertaining. LOL.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Terrible pity he will not be in the JGPF, but boy, it was a tough competition :sad21:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Terrible pity he will not be in the JGPF, but boy, it was a tough competition :sad21:

He will be alright. He exceeded my expectations after that FS at Moscow Open. Plus we didn't know were he was going to be injury wise. I'm happy he feels better physically. Two silvers and 1st alternate are great results.

I hope he can keep making improvements in his TES for the free. Less than 70 is not competitive anywhere.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

More competitive experience is always good, and Daniel is deserving of a JPGF start for the quality of his skating. On the other hand, given his 'instability' it could also be a blessing in disguise for him needing to be training some more on stability and keeping himself together with regards to imminent transition into the senior ranks. Some of these guys light up early, but also burn out early. It is in the interest of Russian male FS to have more young man able to hold themselves together over a longer span of years.

We'll see how he fares in his Russian Cup starts, now he is free from JGP obligations.

The Finn

Record Breaker

We don't know that for sure yet. He is the first substitute and every now and then one JGPF spot comes available because someone had to WD.

anaissa

Rinkside
We don't know that for sure yet. He is the first substitute and every now and then one JGPF spot comes available because someone had to WD.

Last year,Andrew withdrew the JGPF because of injury,and then Stephen can enter the final,won the champion.But this year,it seems that no one will withdraw…

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

I understand, but I also would not want anyone to WD, because it usually means an injury and that would be sad.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Feels like forever! :laugh: But we have a new interview! Oh lots of new things about Artur. Click link for pictures of Artur's off ice training! Google/yandex translated!

"I know Armenian." Artur Danielian about Armenians, Russia and Armenian cuisine

https://armeniasputnik.am/sport/201...yeri-rusastani-u-haykakan-xohanoci-masin.html

The world of men's figure skating in recent years has missed the real stars from Russia. It remains to hope for juniors, the best of which in the near future can impose a struggle on their more eminent rivals from Japan and Canada.

Artur Danielian, now 15 years old, left Armenia at the age of three. Since then, he has firmly connected his life with skates and ice and now he hopes to impose a struggle on adult skaters. By the way, he speaks his native language well. Sputnik met and talked with the young talent about plans, prospects and even about Armenian cuisine.

- How would you rate the outgoing year in terms of professional growth?

- I think that this season is more successful than the previous one. Injuries don't bother me anymore, I train without any restrictions and develop technique.

- In the final of the Junior Grand Prix, it did not work out, what are the plans for the next starts?

- The season is not over yet, only the year is coming to an end. Next week I’m going to the Russian Cup in Kazan, and then, most likely, there will be another fifth stage of the Russian Cup to qualify for the Russian Championship among adults.

- What can you say about your programs this season? Some experts claim that they are the strongest among all juniors.

- It's nice that my programs are celebrated. We have worked hard on them, so the result is obvious. I convey the image as it is. My images are different every year, but in any case I really like all my programs.

- Not so long ago you performed at the tournament in memory of Denis Ten in Kazakhstan. What were the emotions when you found out about the tragedy with a colleague in the workshop?

- I remember that I went to training that day. In Moscow there was very bad weather, heavy rain. I open a figure skating group on social networks and see the news. At first, Ten was reportedly injured. I just felt uneasy. And after some time they reported that ... It cannot be said that I reacted calmly to this - this cannot be. I liked Denis as a skater. Somehow it was ... scary. You think that a person seems to be there, and then you remember that he is no more. And from this it becomes very uncomfortable.

- What connects you with Armenia?

- I lived there as a child, and recently I was there at the Grand Prix. My mom and dad were born in Armenia. Almost the entire adult generation of my relatives who are next to me, from aunt to mom and dad, they are from Armenia.

- Why did you move to Russia, if not a secret?

- Initially, my parents and relatives lived in Armenia. My elder sister was born there, and three years later all of us-both mothers and father's relatives-moved to Russia. I asked why they moved and why to Volgograd. Mom said that dad's great-grandfather fought in Volgograd.

- Now you visit your homeland only during performances?

- Not only. I go to visit my grandparents.

- Managed to fall in love with Armenian cuisine?

- Of course, I like Armenian cuisine very much. But now I limit my food.

- You left Armenia when you were very young, it turns out you did not have time to learn the language?

-I know Armenian, I have a connection with the country, I can communicate with people.

- Do you think about representing Armenia in adult figure skating?

- As long as I am competitive in Russia, I do not plan to play for Armenia at an adult level. If I switch to Armenia, I will have to start all over again. As long as I can compete in Russia and take not the last places in the ranking, I will speak on behalf of Russia.

- Are you interested in other sports?

- As a child, before moving to Moscow, I played football and tennis. When there was a choice between swimming, tennis and figure skating, I chose the latter. Honestly, I don’t even know if I doubted or not, everything turned out automatically.

- If you believed in Santa Claus, what would you ask him in the new year 2020?

- Probably, I would ask health that there were no injuries. (Thinks about adding something.).. No, just health.

On a shallow note, he is turning into such a handsome young man! I am so jealous of the thickness of his hair and his brows and his eyelashes :laugh: Same feeling with Pulkinen (hair, brows!) and Nick Nadeau (brows!). LOL