Artur Danielian | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m not happy about this either. But Artur simply does not like toeloops. :(
The good news is that his Salchow seems to go well in practice. :)

And he posted some lovely pics on his Instagram recently:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjqH54QDxFc/?taken-by=artur_danielyan17

It’s four pictures, so you need to turnover. He is so sweet, I particularly like the 2nd pic. His whole family seems to be very nice. :love:

I especially like the last one (pic 5)! He looks like his dad and he's not too far off his dad's height. This is good news since I worried about him becoming as tall as Erokhov :laugh: Cute family!

Sigh about the toeloops. He did a pretty one in Croatia during the warmups but considering his problems with it in combination, it's understandable :eek:hwell:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview (google/bing translated):

Artur Danielyan: "The silver of the junior world championship is just the first step to a dream"

Last season was successful for figure skater Artur Danielyan. The debutant of the World Junior Championships, the student of coaches Elena Buyanova and Marina Selitskaya won a silver medal in Sofia.

About the preparation for the new season, study and his hobbies the athlete told in an interview.

- Artur, this season you had a lot of starts, so it was necessary to make up for lost time in school. Returned after the World Cup in Moscow and began ...

- To learn quadruples.

-- Oh right. This is an example of girls motivating?

- Quad and boys need to be taught. So at the end of the season I concentrated on studying quadruple jumps. Began to put new programs.

- Which quads are you aiming for?

- Salchow and loop. Salchow need to teach and do anyway, I believe so. A loop ... Because I have a good triple. And somehow I asked the coaches: "Can I go, jump the quad loop?" I tried. Not bad.

Still I plan to learn a quadruple lutz, and with a toeloop and flip it is necessary to understand the technique. On the flip you need to bring the edge back into place. A toeloop is a problem for me. The most hated. Somehow it does not work out properly. For quadruple toeloop, the height is not enough. But we need to work.

- What can you tell us about the new programs?

- Long program put Nikita Mikhailov. This is a classic, in some places very "winding" program. Concerning the short, I will tell later.

The music was offered by the trainers. Although they often say to me: "If you like something, then bring it, listen." I brought one. Accidentally stumbled, I really liked it. Perhaps, under it we will make an exhibition number. The music is beautiful.

- Did the status of the winner of the World Championship change anything in you?

- I, of course, have already realized that I became a prize-winner of the junior world championship, but it does not sit in my head. You could say that I've already forgotten about it, because the training continues. The usual preparation.

The medal of the World Cup, frankly, was a surprise for me. And this silver is just the first step to my dream, only the beginning. In addition, I did not win medals at the junior stages of the Grand Prix and did not take prizes. So much remains to be done. But I liked to compete at the World Championships.

You revised your speech in Sofia?

- Once I looked all the way, and then I squandered, watched pieces. Pryzhochki. Of course, there are moments that caused me to question myself: the spins, the footwork -made at level 3, could be 4. But the free program skated clean.

- What are your plans for the new season?

- First the junior Grand Prix. At the first stage it is necessary to skate well to get the second one. After that, get into the final of the series. And there already the Russian Championship. Try to be selected for the junior world championship.

- Your group has become bigger now, new athletes have come.

-- Much bigger. Guys my age appeared. And not that it became more fun (I always take it seriously), but now I have with whom to socialize on their topics.

- And the older guys, do they help?

- Now I began to communicate more with Masha Sotskova, Lena Radionova, Sergei Voronov ... They encourage competition. After starts they congratulate. Masha always sends me voice messages, wishes good luck.

- Now you will train on the new skating rink CSKA. More ice - more opportunities to ride.

- Yes, we are told that soon we will completely pass to a new ice rink, although I'm used to the old one. The new skating rink is bright, light, it's nice to ride there. Ice is good, there are halls-choreographic, OFP, balcony with weights. ... Just work!

- From this year you will study at a Moscow school, you will save time, because it's far to Volgograd, and it's difficult .

- I graduated from the 7th grade. I went to Volgograd, took exams. Although in the seventh grade there are no exams, but I had to close all the subjects, account for the material I had passed. In Moscow, of course, with study it will be easier in the sense that the school is closer, and I think 1-2 times a week I will come, take the completed assignments, take new ones. It is important that there is a connection with the teachers so that the errors are checked, prompted.

- In the previous interview you told me that you like to cook. During this time, learned something new?

- Yes, I love to spend time in the kitchen. Learned to cook pizza with ham and cheese.

- You can probably open your restaurant with time.

-- I do not know. To be honest, I would have started cooking, but this idea is not very good for my mother.

I would like to try my hand at an acting career. Shoot in the series, because the TV shows the young people are looking more.

"You have many plans, interests." It's good.

- Yes, there are many plans, it remains to reach them. But figure skating is now on the first place, and the main tasks are related to it.

"Good luck, Arthur, and implementing all plans."

Olga ERMOLINA, Tatiana FLADE

Wow, Maria is so sweet to send him messages :love: And Artur is just super :agree: I'm glad he will work on his flip edge :biggrin:

The Finn

Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108759.htm

Egor RUKHIN
Roman SAVOSIN
Petr GUMENNIK
Makar IGNATOV
Artem KOVALEV
Egor MURASHOV
Mikhail POLIANSKII
Evgeni SEMENENKO
Matvei VETLUGIN

No JGP for Artur, this season ?

There is no reason think that he wouldn't get JGP event(s) this season. He will most likely just skate later event(s).

There is nothing to worry about as long as he is not injured and he does pretty well at the test skate event.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I'm not sure why people are worrying :confused: Buyanova has 4 skaters on the junior national team and only 1 is listed so far as a SUB. Plus other skaters in pairs/dance are also not listed as subs so why the panic? There are still 6 events to go. And Artur doesn't even start to skate well until the middle of September to the end of October, so the later events will do. Just as long as he doesn't bomb a national event like he did at last year's Cup of Moscow, and have his JGP taken away or bomb test skates, he'll be fine.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TAT helped choreographed Danielian's SP and LP with Mikhailov!

Pics:
http://ltk-cska.ru/files/uploads/images/1533045795.png
http://ltk-cska.ru/files/uploads/images/1533045823.png
TAT instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5kAfUjRYA/?hl=en&taken-by=t.a.tarasova

Source: http://ltk-cska.ru/news/1359-programmyi-dlya--artura-danielyana-gotovyi.html
Last season Arthur Danielyan burst into the elite of junior figure skating, becoming the silver medalist of the World Junior Championships. This high place was a surprise not only for the fans, but for Arthur himself. The season 2018-2019 began with the setting of new programs, very interesting and unusual. After all, Danielyan will have to defend his title, and we hope to compete for a higher title. Tatyana Anatolievna Tarasova and Nikita Mikhailov worked on short and arbitrary.

Dang, TAT's been hella active this season :laugh:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No Artur at test skates this weekend. I read that he grew and as a result the doctors/Buyanova didn't want him to jump for months as not to overload his spine during this period of growth since it could lead to serious/chronic injury. That's what I read, don't know if it's true as far as Artur goes since Vaitsekhovskaya didn't mention him by name or the coach but she was clearly at CSKA watching his training group so.........I guess we will know soon enough if he doesn't skate the JGP.

ewdokia

On the Ice

Thank you for the news. Having TAT on his side with active support is great for Artur. :yahoo:

No Artur at test skates this weekend. I read that he grew and as a result the doctors/Buyanova didn't want him to jump for months as not to overload his spine during this period of growth since it could lead to serious/chronic injury. That's what I read, don't know if it's true as far as Artur goes since Vaitsekhovskaya didn't mention him by name or the coach but she was clearly at CSKA watching his training group so.........I guess we will know soon enough if he doesn't skate the JGP.
When seeing the pictures I actually noticed that Artur must have grown a lot recently. And I was immediately worried about his health with quad jumping then. This is sad news but on the other hand I’m very much relieved that Buyanova is working towards a long lasting career. I just hope this is a precautionary measure and not that he already has developed back issues. :( However, what a different approach from Buyanova compared to another prominent Russian coach. :dev2:

Skipping the GP might by the way not be a bad idea. I was already worrying about it. After last season’s success everybody would expect Artur to win his GP events. But he just incorporated the freshly learned quad(s) into his programs – as a rule skaters are not very stable with freshly learned quads. So I see it as a win win situation: if he can to the GP – great, if not – it’s also ok. The main event for him will be RJN and hopefully Junior Worlds. :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for the news. Having TAT on his side with active support is great for Artur. :yahoo:

When seeing the pictures I actually noticed that Artur must have grown a lot recently. And I was immediately worried about his health with quad jumping then. This is sad news but on the other hand I’m very much relieved that Buyanova is working towards a long lasting career. I just hope this is a precautionary measure and not that he already has developed back issues. :( However, what a different approach from Buyanova compared to another prominent Russian coach. :dev2:

Skipping the GP might by the way not be a bad idea. I was already worrying about it. After last season’s success everybody would expect Artur to win his GP events. But he just incorporated the freshly learned quad(s) into his programs – as a rule skaters are not very stable with freshly learned quads. So I see it as a win win situation: if he can to the GP – great, if not – it’s also ok. The main event for him will be RJN and hopefully Junior Worlds. :)

No the way it was said was that it was a precautionary measure.

Also it was Vait way of throwing shade on you know who.

Yesterday I was at the rink, looked at the little (conditionally) boy. Which a few months did not jump, because the growth of the spine. I ask the coach the question - and I hear: they say, we do not hurry. Because with this boy I want to work long. When the question of "long" is not worth it, there is no need to sweat about age or trauma.
https://www.liveinternet.ru/users/vellena/post438185601/page2.html

I don't know about the several months of not jumping though. It couldn't have been that long considering the interview I recently posted was taken in May. Also she went back and said the "boy" was meant to be gender non-specific.

Anyway I hope we get to see him at some point. I guessed his LP to be Carmen and I wanna see if I'm right :laugh: I think Carmen would fit him nicely.

ETA: oh and I'm excited about TAT! She helped coached/choreographed two of my all time favorites (Yagudin and Sotnikova) :yahoo: I expect good things and pray he isn't turned into a Kovtun/Samarin.

ewdokia

On the Ice
No the way it was said was that it was a precautionary measure.
Oh no. :sad21: I was worried about Artur starting doing quads at age 14 and now I know why. Actually right that age when boys start to have growth sprints. :(

Also it was Vait way of throwing shade on you know who.
Yep, that other prominent Russian coach, who Vaits seems to love just as much as I do. :dev3:
Do you have a link of Vaits comment?

Anyway I hope we get to see him at some point. I guessed his LP to be Carmen and I wanna see if I'm right :laugh: I think Carmen would fit him nicely.
I honestly don’t mind if we don’t see Artur this season at all, but afterwards for many more seasons to follow. I remember that Alexander Samarin also had all kind of growth related issues, didn’t compete a lot but still he managed to have success in seniors. At least I’m know trying to calm myself down that they will handle it at CSKA. :sad4:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no. :sad21: I was worried about Artur starting doing quads at age 14 and now I know why. Actually right that age when boys start to have growth sprints. :(

Yep, that other prominent Russian coach, who Vaits seems to love just as much as myself. :dev3:
Do you have a link of Vaits comment?

I honestly don’t mind if we don’t see Artur this season at all, but afterwards for many more seasons to follow. I remember that Alexander Samarin also had all kind of growth related issues, didn’t compete a lot but still he managed to have success in seniors. At least I’m know trying to calm myself down that they will handle it at CSKA. :sad4:

It's in the post above cause I edit a lot.

ewdokia

On the Ice
It's in the post above cause I edit a lot.
Thank you for the link. It's also written there that Artur - if it's him who she talks about - for that reason was not listed for the first part of GP, as they don't rush things. But from that diary things don’t look bad, i.e. there is at least no serious injury. Looks like Artur developed some back problems due to growing and Buyanova is taking good care of him. :pray:

(And after reading it I wish Adian and Polina could have switched to CSKA earlier in their career :sad21: )

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
IFS magazine: ARTUR DANIELIAN: ZERO TO JUNIOR HERO
It's in English, a rehash of the last 2 interviews.

Some highlights:
In preparation for the upcoming season, Danielian, 14, has started working on the quad Salchow and quad loop, which is a bit unusual given that most start with the toe loop. “The quads are a work in progress. I was doing triples and I asked if I could try a quad. And so, it started,” Danielian explained. “I’ll also learn the (quad) Lutz for sure. For the flip it’s the edge and the toe is a problematic jump for me — it’s my least favorite jump because it doesn’t work well. I don’t have enough height or the right timing to fly high and rotate. But we’re working on that.”

His new programs were choreographed by Nikita Mikhailov, a former singles skater who competed at the international level and has been performing in shows and working as a choreographer since his retirement. “For the long we did something lively — there is a fast part and a calm part. It’s really classical,” Danielian said. “The short is not as classical, but lyrical. I like the programs and I’m getting into character.”

The teenager likes informatics, mathematics, physics and arts. In his spare time, likes to cook. “After I came back from Junior Worlds I fell sick twice, and in this time I looked up a recipe and learned to make a cake when nobody was home,” he explained. “When everyone came home I gave them the cake to try and in the end there was nothing left over for me. I have also made pizza with cheese and sausage and I made the dough myself.”

Though he learned solid basics and triple jumps from his coaches at that rink, the conditions were not adequate for high-level sports. With only one ice surface and many children wanting to learn to skate, there was not enough ice time for everyone. “The older skaters have to train more to be competitive with Moscow and St. Petersburg. When I started to have some results, my coach in Volgograd said I won’t get any further there and I need to move on,” Danielian explained.

He said he would move to Moscow, only if he could train with the coach of 2014 Olympic champion Adelina Sotnikova. His meeting with Vodorezova in 2016 was a success. “She shook my hand and said ‘see you in June.’ I was so excited,” Danielian recalled. As he was only 12 at the time, his family moved to Moscow with him.

Born in December 2003, he is not age eligible to move up to the senior ranks this season. His goal is to do well at his first Junior Grand Prix event in order to earn a second. “I want to make the Junior Final. Then we have Russian junior nationals and I want to qualify again for Junior Worlds,” he said.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Saw him skating in the Euros gala in Moscow and was very impressed with what he did on ice at that occasion - and happy that he did so well in the Junior Worlds! Hope he gets over the growing up part easily enough and will grace the ice soon.

In Moscow, my friends and I (diehard Javier Fernández fans all three of us) thought Artur was a bit of a Javier Mini-Me and I guess this explains a part of it :laugh:

Danielian admires Japan’s Yuzuru Hanyu for coming back from injury to defend his Olympic title in February, but his skating idol is Javier Fernández. “I like him the best. He is an artist who plays with the audience and at the same time he is jumping, spinning, smiling.”

E