The Paranormal? | Golden Skate

The Paranormal?

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a topic that can be easily mocked, but that's not my purpose for starting this thread.

Do you believe in the paranormal? Have you had prophetic dreams? Used a Ouija board? Believe you've seen a UFO? Been to a psychic or medium? Experienced something you can't explain?

Are you a fan of paranormal TV shows and/or books?

This is the place to discuss it!

I'm a big fan of the original series "Charmed". I say original because I know a reboot is coming out. Not quite sure how I feel about that. :laugh:

One of my current fave shows is a reality show (as if any show in that genre is 'real') called "The Dead Files". If you haven't seen or heard of it, in this show people contact the show because they believe their house/property is haunted. Two people then come to investigate, medium Amy Allen, who walks through the house to get her readings on the hauntings. The second person is Steve DiSchiavi, a retired homicide detective from NYC. While Amy does her search, he investigates the history of the home and property. Near the end of the show, the two join up and meet with the homeowners to tell them if it's safe to stay in the home, and what they need to do to cleanse it, or if they need to move.

I have had some experiences with psychics and mediums, and had a very intense experience with the Ouija when I was younger. So much so that I have refused to touch them since.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I lived on a farm for several years with the spookiest old barn. Never really saw anything but the weird noises and creepy vibes always kept me on my toes. Even though I’ve never seen anything paranormal doesn’t mean I don’t believe in it’s exsistemce or that it doesn’t happen. Anything is possible!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
One day I went to the woods, just to be alone and feel gorgeous trees aroma. I went deeper and deeper, everything was quiet, I made a stop. I was just looking around and enjoying the view. Then, I noticed a little girl in white (or gray) dress, she was trowing small rocks into the river. I didn't pay attention from the beginning but then I realized, what the hell a little girl doing in the forest wthout parents?! I turned to look at her again, but she was gone. I ran there where I noticed her, and saw at the bush branch some tied piece of cloth, it had similar color with her dress. I tried to find that girl, but couldn't. But I definitely remember I SAW the little girl who is throwing small rocks into the river. Where to she was gone I have no idea.

That was about ten years ago. Since then, I was walking at night in the woods, graveyards, old abandoned facilities... And you know what? Nothing.

There were a couple places with magnetic zones, where your watch could stop or you could see some shadows, but this is just simple physics.

So I came to a conclusion all what happened ten years ago was a glitch in my brain, and all hype this is just a good way to make money, but nothing more.
But we always can dance, can't we? :dance3:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I BELIEVE (as in have faith in) the soul, my own soul. I do not believe this has anything to do with the "paranormal". I sense I am here on this earth to learn certain skills, to accomplish specific tasks to add to the greater good with the mandate, Do No Harm. I have felt this since a small child, before I could articulate it.
I recall riding in the backseat of the car about 4 years of age, my parents riding in front, Mom holding my baby sister. I remember clearly looking at the back of my father's head thinking: Why am I in here (my body) looking out at him? Why this body in particular? Why am I me and not him? At that age never could have spoken the words but I remember thinking this in precisely these terms. Children are so wise in ways we often fail to comprehend.

The recent film "Arrival", Clint Eastwood's film " Hereafter" and Isabel Allende's book "House of Spirits" come closest to my feeling about soul. I believe there are things in this universe we are not meant to know, things we are meant to sense but never meant to prove. I think we must just do what we can about the tangible problems in front of us and leave the rest to the beyond...

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Well. I have a few stories I can tell you that involve Ouija Boards! We used to play with one at my friends house. We made a home made one once just with regular paper and a home made pointer out of something ( I dont even remember what.. this was probably 15 years ago) We came into contact with a spirit after we asked if anyone was there. We asked it to tell us who they were. They names spelled "Lucifer". We were a bit creeped out by that but yet intrigued. So we kept going. It had a very quick and strong response time and force to it. When we asked something it was very fast to spell out answers. We asked if it could prove to us that it was Lucifer ( BAD IDEA). It said yes. I asked how? And it replied "through you". About 5 seconds after that. I started blacked out and felt like I was fainting and was having the feeling and sensation that my eyes were going into a dark narrow tunnel. My eyes rolled back and I felt very strange. I felt like I was frozen and could not physically stop it. I tried to resist but couldn't. I felt like I started to levitate out of my chair. My friends started to scream (there was 4 of us total). And I managed to yell "STOP" and all of a sudden it was over and everything stopped. That was the last time I touched a Ouija board for about 3 years. Stupid me went back to it but figured it would be ok because we thought of asking smart questions instead of being immature about it. Luckily this other spirit we apparently talked to (in my parents basement) felt much different. We talked to the same one all the time. Id say everyday with the board for about 3 or 4 months until we just lost contact with it. Apparently his name (nick name) was "Flight" he apparently was a war veteran from the Vietnam war. I don't know where he was from though. I think it was either Europe or USA (broad range I know lol ) He apparently died when his plane was his. He was a pilot (Hence the nick name he said his name was) I do believe in him and the whole Ouija board because things were done that really couldn't be done over and over again with it being fluked. Example I asked how long it would be until my parents came home as we were home alone after school one day and they were out shopping. He gave me 23 seconds it spelled out. We started counting and when we said "23".. the door opened and my mom walked in. Crazy!! Just things like that, would happen all the time and we were confident we were indeed communicating with the other side of life. Unlike out last unwelcome guest, this one was very different. It was like he was trying to make friends. And one day we tried to get him back and talk to him and we had no response. He was gone. After that, we have not touched a board.