favorite SP and LP this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

favorite SP and LP this season?

Mawwerg

Final Flight
SP: Big Spender(Trusova), Black Swan(Zagitova)
FP: Anna Karenina(Medvedeva), Black Swan(Osmond)

Swans will conquere this world!:devil:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Ladies:
Short: Kaetlyn Osmond (it's a brilliant program for her)
Long: Satoko Miyahara for PCS and Alina's for TES and Evgenia for best music change!

Men:
Short: Elladj Balde's Sound of Silence, Hanyu, Patrick's Dust in the Wind, Misha Ge and Shoma
Long: Hanyu, Brezina, Misha Ge and Javier

Pairs:
Short: S/M have the best short program of the year with their short program from last year :)dance: to That Man-which I bought on itunes I like it so much), J/C's Make it Rain, S/B's Everybody wants to Rule the world, T/M's Rachmaninoff and Z/K (Austrian team)'s Sunshine on Leith program.
Long: S/M's long is perfect for them, S/B's My Love, Z/K's Coldplay and D/R's return to Hometown Glory. There are others. I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Dance:
Short: (I'm so glad the Rumba is over for this year) I thought all three Canadian teams did a great job with the pattern this year so V/M, G/P and W/P were all favourites. I really enjoy P/C's Shape of you program. I was surprised because for some reason I wasn't sure when I heard they had chosen that music but once I listened to it I was sold. The shibs had the best short dance out of all the American teams to me. I thought G/F also had an excellent SD. K/R were also great.

Long: (there were so many really nice free dances this year)
It took me so long to finally buy into the Moulin Rouge program for V/M but I eventually did. I love the music but I didn't like the end of it at first. Once they changed the end I was on board that it was the kind of program that would win over a crowd.
I loved P/C's moonlight sonata the most all season. It suits them really well.
I also loved H/D's FD a lot.
I also really end up being moved by B/S's fd. Yes it was overly dramatic but.. in the end they got me to buy what they were selling at the Olympics.
I loved K/R's Cherry Blossom themed dance, I liked the Polish teams quirky fd, the return of Je Suis Malade and G/F's FD to muse.
I liked whatever changes the shibs made to their fd. By the Olympics it was working better for me. If they come back I hope they retire the Coldplay though.

I agree with all your picks! Impeccable taste. :biggrin:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Some of my faves of the year, probably forgetting a ton...

Short:
Nathan Chen's SP
Jason Brown's SP
Yuzuru Hanyu's SP
Satoko Miyahara's SP
Shibutanis' SD
Sui & Han's SP

Free:
Nathan Chen's FS
Adam Rippon's FS
Papadakis & Cizeron's FD
Savchenko & Massot's FS
Alina Zagitova's FS (I don't like backloading, but this one works for me)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... I enjoy T/M's Candyman program. The lyrics aren't my cup of tea, but I love the costumes and the energy of it.

I also really liked Vanessa and Morgan's Say Something FS, though of course Sound of Silence is iconic.

I really like Jason's Hamilton SP too!

iorii

On the Ice
Ladies SP
Satoko Miyahara - Sayuri's Theme (super love)

Ladies FS
probably Evgenia Medvedeva - Anna Karenina

Men SP
Shoma Uno - Winter
Nathan Chen - Nemesis (Bourne is a genius)
Yuzuru Hanyu - Chopin Ballade No. 1

Men FS
Yuzuru Hanyu - Seimei

Free Dance
Virtue/Moir - Moulin Rouge

rain

Record Breaker
Short program/dance:
Osmond
Sui/Han
Virtue/Moir
Weaver/Poje
Miyahara
Seguin/Bilodeau
Yu/Zhang

Long program/Free Dance
Virtue/Moir
Ilyushechkina/Moscovitch (though it was never skated to its full potential, this was my favourite pairs free program of the season)
Seguin/Bilodeau
Patrick Chan
Osmond
Hubbell/Donahue (fingers crossed for worlds)
Gilles/Poirier (James Bond)
Adam Rippon

irriya

On the Ice
my favorite ladies sp is Satoko and Kostornaia. can't think of any favorite fs yet...

irriya

On the Ice
Wakababy’s Skyfall is the correct answer :agree:

I was impressed by Skyfall since the beginning. But I also hope a good program could evolve better and better towards the end of season. Unfortunately Wakaba was affected by her injury. Maybe I could add it to my list after Milan. I have to say I like the first costume better. But she might keep the new one anyway :confused2:

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Difficult, because there were so many good programmes. But S/M's FS get's the first place (that's the one I've been watching again and again...so beautiful), Yuzuro's SP takes second - that was another that was just so beautiful to watch....and then I loved Kathleen's LP at the Olympic's (I hadn't seen it that good before, but it's a lovely programme when it's skated well) and, ultimately the French P/C Free Dance. I had seen this dance before (at the GPF for example), but it still is really something.

To my own great distress V/M did nothing for me. I realise the love of the fans, but I am just not one of them. However, S/S did an enjoyable job (not as good as the French dancers but lovely all the same), while the pairs as a whole were just fantastic. Loved M/O's and M/C LPs....truly hope one (or better still: both) will medal at world's as they're really good (well, in my view). I am hoping for good representations of all these programmes at WC. That will make the outcome actually irrelevant.....just skate well. Yes, and that applies to T/M too (although I can't enjoy their LP programme, even if it is skated well).

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In no particular order in each case:

Short Program/Dance
Osmond, "Sous le ciel de Paris"/"Milord" - not technically a new program, but whatever; this is what I'll always think of when I think of Kaetlyn skating.

Miyahara, "Sayuri's Theme"

Virtue & Moir, "Sympathy for the Devil"/"Hotel California"/"Oye Como Va"

Free Skate/Dance
Miyahara, Madame Butterfly

Shib Sibs, "Paradise" - the silver medalists in my heart.

Virtue & Moir, Moulin Rouge medley - the gold standard for taking a song selection that has been worked to death and making it your own.

Gilles & Poirier, James Bond medley - I love the style, and I give them extra credit for coming up with this on such a short timetable compared to everybody else.

Savchenko & Massot, "La terre vue du ciel"

Medvedeva, Anna Karenina - has a lot of the choreographic touches of the Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close program, but with much better music and story.

prorussian fan

On the Ice
SP
Alena Kostornaia
Alina Zagitova
Yuzuru Hanyu
Carolina Kotsner

FS
Alena Kostornaia
Evgenia Medvedeva
Wakaba Higuchi
Yuzuru Hanyu
Papadakis/Cicerón

Weathergal

Medalist
My favorites:

Men
SP - Nathan Chen "Nemesis"
LP - Adam Rippon "Arrival of the Birds/O"

Ladies
SP - Loena Hendrickx - "Frozen"
LP - Wakaba Higuchi - "Bond"

Pairs
SP - Valentina Marchei / Ondrej Hotarek "Tu vuo fa l'americano"
LP - Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot "La Terre vue du Ciel"

Dance
SP - Madison Hubbell / Zachary Donohoe "Latin medley"
LP - Gabriella Papadakis / Guillaume Cizeron "Moonlight Sonata"

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I could say that the majority of people responding on this thread just prefer P/C's Moonlight Sonata, but I also think that most of the V/M fans are on the FSUniverse forum, and there are comparatively less of them on this forum. Many of the more neutral fans who like both teams really seem to prefer V/M's SD and P/C's FD. But, of course, the part about people who have responded on this thread preferring P/C's FD still stands true.

MelDee

Final Flight
Ladies
SP: Satoko
LP: Alena Kostornaia

Men
SP: Nemesis
LP: Seimei

Pairs
SP: That Man
LP: Aljona & Bruno again

Ice Dance
SD: Lolo & Nik (let's be honest - the only coherent Latin SD this season)
FD: Moonlight Sonata (a masterpiece :love:)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Men
SP: Boyang Jin, Elladj Baldé
FS: Javier Fernandez, Patrick Chan

Ladies:
SP: Laurine LeCavelier, Kaetlyn Osmond, Kaori Sakamoto
FS: Carolina Kostner, Satoko Miyahara

Pairs
SP: Xiaoyu Yu & Hao Zhang, Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres, Tae Ok Ryom & Ju Sik Kim
FS: Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot, Xiaoyu Yu & Hao Zhang, Valentina Marchei & Ondrej Hotarek

Dance
SD: Madison Hubbell & Zachery Donohue, Sara Hurtado & Kirill Khaliavin, Anna Cappellini & Luca lanotte
FD: Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron, Ekaterina Bobrova & Dmitri Soloviev, Madison Chock & Evan Bates