2019 World Figure Skating Championship Spots | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 World Figure Skating Championship Spots

Jedi

On the Ice
Hmm very interesting theories.

Russia looks to hold on to three spots with Alina and Maria should be in the top ten especially with Evgenia out in the ladies. IN the men they could get three spots; I would assume that both men wouldn't bomb to leave one. IN dance they will only have two and despite a really watered down pairs team should hold on to three spots.

United States has some great prospects. They should hold onto three spots in men and dance no problems with medals in both and strong second teams/skaters. Nathan and H/D or C/B should medal or all medal. Vincent or Max are strong enough to be in the to ten and earn three spots. Pairs will be two spots unless the unthinkable happens (which shouldn't as all the other teams are weakened Russia, Canada and China in particular) Ladies should hold on to three spots - but if between Russia, Japan and Canada 6 ladies are ahead of all the Americans it is game over.

Italy takes over for Canada. Carolina gets two spots. Rizzo maybe two spots it seems to be his year but it could still be one. Dance has the potential for three and Pairs looks like a lock for three and maybe a medal. italy cold win three medals - ladies, pairs and dance and realistically if you went by the olympics really look strong.

Canada needs to avoid a worse disaster. The pairs will be tough to hold on to three spots. The key for Canada is that Seguin and Bilodeau and moore towers and marinario must stay ahead of the Americans and have a team in the top 5 or more specifically the key is how well they stack up against the Chinese, Italians, Russians and French. This is interesting because Italy right now looks to get three spots but the Chinese, Italians and Canadians really are duking it out for three spots - I suppose someone who could do the math if the teams align it could be three spots for all. Pairs has a good shot at three spots looking at the Olympics and ladies well it doesn't really matter as sadly the third lady is just a write off! Nothing against Larkyn and I read someone joking she was a lark -I just don't see a lot of potential but you never know. The men could be down to one. If Keegan could move up with Chan and Rippon gone they have a chance at two spots. The key may be beating Max Aaron. If Nam skates well he too could be top ten - either one has the potential to be top ten. or 24th!

Japan the men should be able to get three spots but you never know - Shoma will medal and then it is up to one of the other guys to get at least 10th or 11th probably. The ladies is a no brainer. They could even win two medals.

I expect China to have two to three men it depends if Boyang can get a top two placement - With Shoma, Nathan and the unpredictable Russians it will be a challenge; two ladies - but in pairs without Sui and Han they could be in trouble for three spots.

Obviously with the loss of Fernandez Spain could be down to 1 man.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Kostner is NOT going to finish 9th skating on home ice. She was 5th in Korea, and Evgenia has withdrawn.
And Giada Russo isn't the second Italian lady---Elisabetta LECCARDI is. She competed in the JGP this season, but also did a Challenge event and some senior Bs.

Oh, thank you for the info. I assumed Giada would be going since she was at the Olympics but it's Elisabetta indeed.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I only remember all of Canada's placements off the top of my head

Pairs: Kirsten and Michael need to finish top 10 to keep 2 spots - 10th after SP so they just can't drop lower (FS in a few hours)

Men: Keegan needs to finish top 10 to keep 2 spots - 6th after SP

Ladies: Kaetlyn in 4th, Gabby 6th - 3 spots easily doable barring some huge errors

Dance: has not started yet but I think 3 spots will be safe

I also remember Chris and Alexa need to finish top 11 to keep 2 spots - 11th after SP

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Chris and Alexa need top 10 because Deanna and Nate get 18 points even though they were 17th.

Tulipstar

Medalist
That really would be something. Except...I don't know if they even have a second skater at the level to compete internationally.

They don't really;)
But I think it's a good signal towards the Belgian fed to invest more in their skaters.

livetoskate

On the Ice
I'm not sure where to post this but does anyone know when the tickets are going to be on sale for the 2019 World Championships? I really want to go, and since it's in Japan, tickets are likely to be sold out quickly. There is no website for it yet. Thanks!