Help I need music sugestions | Golden Skate

Help I need music sugestions

pick_chick

Rinkside
I have to find music for some kids in my club and well they are around 12 and they have just started a few years ago and now it is time for a program and well i have come to a blank I wanted nice good crisp sounds and well one is really small but the cutie pie thing is out and strong music definatly out and so it is hard so any sugestions are great!

sk8m8

Final Flight
How about "True Colors" it gives the opportunity to use the colors as a production value and also is a well known song that isn't too babyish nor too overplayed. You can use several versions...of course, the original by Cyndy Lauper, the remake of Phile Collings ( upbeat with a back beat if needed) and also Eva Cassidy has a "quiet" version that is lovely. Good luck to you AND the kids.
Your sk8m8, mark

pick_chick

Rinkside
Thanks so what would you give a boy who is not too strong but only 11 ?? I was thinking ET, Starwars?

Petlover

On the Ice
How about something by Spyrogyra? I skated to Futurephobia a few years ago for FS2 freestyle. It has a beat, and encourages and pushes you, but is not too fast for a skater who is not really strong yet.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
pick_chick said:
I have to find music for some kids in my club and well they are around 12 and they have just started a few years ago and now it is time for a program and well i have come to a blank I wanted nice good crisp sounds and well one is really small but the cutie pie thing is out and strong music definatly out and so it is hard so any sugestions are great!

How about something techno? If done well, it will get people moving on and off the ice. No BOND though. It is WAY OVER DONE! Robert Miles has some nice stuff, as does Paul Oakenfold. Movie music might be good too, especially if they have a fave in mind. ET and Star Wars are way overdone. Have you aksed your little skaters what they are passionate about? It is much easier to sell a program that you enjoy skating to.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Lots of my coach's skaters use various different cuts from "Forrest Gump", which they seem to find eminently skateable-to.

sk8m8

Final Flight
Mrs. Redboots.

For your boy I would suggest the Tom Jones cover of the Prince song "Kiss" it's been done a few times by professionals and has a strong beat and catchy lyrics and melody. Done by an 11 year old boy it wouldn't be suggestive at all, but rather "smart" and "clever". Another song that's great for dancing or skating is by the same people that produced the Tom Jones song...Art of Noise, they have "techno-ish" covers of both Dragnet and Peter Gunn that are both familiar,have strong beats and will stand up to "cuts" made for the skater. Once again, good luck and WE WANT REPORTS about these kids. We're emotionally invested and let them know that they have a whole board of people pulling for them! đź‘Ť

Summerkid

Rinkside
I agree with asking the skater what they'd like to skate to. I picked out all of my music myself since I was a little kid. I did everything from Mr. Sandman (as a tot--my coach's choice, that was the first and only time), Annie, Whistle While You Work, They're Playing My Song (my choice as a 7 year old!?!), Jonathon Livingstone Seagull (Juvenile), and even an instrumental Mamma Mia (FS6) back in the early 90's. Kids will usually have an idea especially if they skate with other kids and see their programs.

pick_chick

Rinkside
thank you for all the sugestions !!! Just in case you are wondering I asked the boy who is 11 what is his fav song? he said the ?? and then what movie was his fav ?? he said bionical? and well no soundtrack for that !

well i will keep in touch i have found some of the sugested music and i am taking it to the rink tonight

pick_chick

Rinkside
Thank you for all your sugestions and i have made a choice and...... we started the program to star wars theme ! by the boston pops
he likes it
:rock: