Disney on Ice: Headbanger Incidents | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Disney on Ice: Headbanger Incidents

Girlbird

On the Ice
I think what bothers me the most is that someone in the control booth didn't hit the lights immediately and stop the show in its tracks. I've seen scary falls/accidents during shows and immediately the house lights come on and the music stops so that the accident can be dealt with as safely as possible. Dragging the poor woman off the ice like that is dangerous (what if her neck was broken?).

That's what bothers me most too. One should NEVER move a person who was knocked unconscious like that. One should always suspect a head or spinal injury in a fall like that or when the person is unconscious. (I'm a certified lifeguard.) He could have paralyzed her by moving her!

Girlbird

On the Ice
When you allow a move called the "headbanger" you are asking for trouble right off the bat. On the other hand, life-threatenong injuries can occur on lots of elements. Lifts and even side by side spins.

I'm not disputing that. In the case of an injury the show should always be stopped. I'm a professional actor. Theater is NOT more important than human life.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
There was a book written about life in one of these ice shows (Holiday On Ice specifically) . It sounded like indentured servitude.

Boy, I just hoped this doesn´t get any worse... if this unsafe conditions go on I won´t be surprised if someday a tragedy occur :(

crazydreamer

On the Ice
Ugh those videos are disgusting that is reckless endangerment right there and the company should immediately ban that element and punish whoever is responsible for it being in the program.