Most watched on YouTube | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Most watched on YouTube

ice coverage

Record Breaker
How about that Donovan kid? From mexico IIRC. I remember he went viral as well

Thx for remembering Donovan Carrillo :luv17:. 1,778,406 views:

Mirai Nagasu 2018 Nats FS has 2,316,755 views:

And videos re Mirai's successful triple axel at OWG add up to millions and millions of views. For example:

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I know you guys are being real about youtube views in this thread, so it's not like I'm pointing out something groundbreaking but just for posterity's sake: youtube is blocked in China, which means that a large number of potential views don't exist there, including for Chinese performances.

Barb

Record Breaker
I know you guys are being real about youtube views in this thread, so it's not like I'm pointing out something groundbreaking but just for posterity's sake: youtube is blocked in China, which means that a large number of potential views don't exist there, including for Chinese performances.

I know!!, I am still offended about this video of S/H getting only 47,000 views :gaah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP2npzPLkQc I guess it is because China can´t access in general to YT. And why this video survived in YT when the others Olympic performances are blocked? :confused:

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I know!!, I am still offended about this video of S/H getting only 47,000 views :gaah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP2npzPLkQc I guess it is because China can´t access in general to YT. And why this video survived in YT when the others Olympic performances are blocked? :confused:

Right?! Not that I’m not grateful it’s survived so long. Please never leave:agree:

I suspect Yuzu’s views would also see a major bump if his yt views were accessible as a “central source” of certain performances. But who knows! Maybe some unexpected performance would’ve taken off too!

Barb

Record Breaker
Do you know why the IOC would remove Mao's videos with more views? Recently they removed her Sochi free program that only this year won 3 million views, and previously they have removed several versions, but they remove those that have several million visits.

For how many years do they own the copy rights? but it is weird because other versions are still there, and other videos of different skaters still work.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Do you know why the IOC would remove Mao's videos with more views? Recently they removed her Sochi free program that only this year won 3 million views, and previously they have removed several versions, but they remove those that have several million visits.

For how many years do they own the copy rights? but it is weird because other versions are still there, and other videos of different skaters still work.

I asked it not once because this happened with Plushenko's videos. There is no logic why some allowed and why some deleted.. But some of the videos "came back" some years later. If the owner didn't remove it the video can be viewed again.

charlotte14

Medalist
Copyright issues are the most complicated in the world. Instead of “geo block” and removing, they can get some deal with YouTube. Viewers from other countries have the option to pay money to view the videos they want. Isn’t that more beneficial for them?