Zhou: "Age doesn't matter" | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Zhou: "Age doesn't matter"

Yes let's pretend we don't know even though it went public the fact that she got hate from every single video on youtube, and she also received death threats.

Knowing and hoping is different. I've seen her being called names on YouTube that I wouldn't call anyone ever. Doesn't mean I can't hope people would see that it was the system and not the athlete.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
However, this is the first time a guy fresh from juniors brings 4F and 4Lz to the WC table and upsets favorites and even an Olympic medalist. So it's understandable people might try to nitpick as much as possible. :rolleye:

Yes, I mean I am salty, you've got that right.

I'm salty Boyang got the UR call, and Vincent did not, and I am salty someone who prerotates, has chronic UR problems and has padded PCS that, thanks to his fed, is almost reaching the number people have spent years chasing by gradually improving as skaters is suddenly in a medal position. Darn right I'm "nitpicking".

Oh and the Olympic medalist also got overscored. It's Boyang Jin who has to suffer this entire mess to prop up this and that guy.

I'm salty Boyang got the UR call, and Vincent did not, and I am salty someone who prerotates, has chronic UR problems and has padded PCS that, thanks to his fed, is almost reaching the number people have spent years chasing by gradually improving as skaters is suddenly in a medal position. Darn right I'm "nitpicking".

You forgot the sliver of a GOE lead that Boyang had on his fully-rotated 4Lz-3T over Zhou.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Oh and the Olympic medalist also got overscored. It's Boyang Jin who has to suffer this entire mess to prop up this and that guy.

Gee, I wonder who it could be! :laugh: :rolleye:

Lawd, Yuzu ain't even here, next season hasn't even started, and people are already trying *real* hard to lay the groundwork. :laugh2: :coffee:

Lawd, Yuzu ain't even here, the season hasn't even started, and people are already trying *real* hard to lay the groundwork. :laugh2: :coffee:

Groundwork for what exactly? That Shoma doesn't have the best technique on jumps? No, I think that's amply clear.

That if Vincent had got UR'd on his 4Lz for being the same amount of rotated as Boyang's 4T (EDIT: BoP's saying in another thread that Zhou's 4Lz was under), he would have been behind Shoma? And that he somehow has more PCS than Boyang did for landing two quads all through the 2015-2016 season? Or is the jumping-beanery different when we want it to be?

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

Vincent has the lowest PCS out of the top 10 after Majorov. Say what you want, but his PCS were not "padded". They were pretty fair IMHO considering even the tiny inflation that always comes with a high tech content.

I haven't seen Boyang's program so I have nothing to compare to. I'm only speaking from how historically borderline jumps were called 50% of the time depending on the camera angle. But yeah, if Boyang's jumps were also borderline or better they should not have been called.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Groundwork for what exactly? That Shoma doesn't have the best technique on jumps? No, I think that's amply clear.

That if Vincent had got UR'd on his 4Lz for being the same amount of rotated as Boyang's 4T, he would have been behind Shoma? And that he somehow has more PCS than Boyang did for landing two quads all through the 2015-2016 season? Or is the jumping-beanery different when we want it to be?

Oh, it's all amply clear, boo. :laugh: :coffee:

Oh, it's all amply clear, boo. :laugh: :coffee:

Well, it's clear that the definition of "amply" differs for you. I've seen your arguments on who has the best lutzes in the ladies' field not changing after 10 pages and 100s of videos being presented to you, so forgive me if I take your attempt at shade with a grain of salt and an eyeroll.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well, it's clear that the definition of amply differs for you. I've seen your arguments on who has the best lutzes in the ladies' field not changing after 10 pages and 100s of videos being presented to you, so forgive me if I take your attempt at shade with a grain of salt and an eyeroll.

Well, not sure if you know, but I have a thing against blatantly biased fan videos being presented to me! :biggrin: :coffee:

But I digress! Good luck to Vincent... slay in the FS! Get those quads yo. I think he has a real shot at the podium. :)

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Age may not matter, but blatant under-rotations that don’t get called sure do. A jump cheat is a jump cheat. No age restrictions.

Kara

Final Flight
I'm trying not to be sarcastic as hell but I sure wish my faves had the backing of a powerful fed.:sarcasm: This is why people can't take FS seriously.