Spring and Summer Skating | Golden Skate

Spring and Summer Skating

L

Ladskater

Spring and Summer Skating

Anyone here ever skate during the Spring or Summer? I used to really love to skate during the Summer. It was great on a hot summers' day to go to the rink and get cooled off. Something totally unique about being on the ice in the Summer.

Ladskater

D

DORISPULASKI

Re: Spring and Summer Skating

My youngest boy used to skate in the summer to keep in shape for hockey at Leddy Park in Burlington, VT. Leddy has a beach attached to it, and the only snack bar was attached to the rink. It was really odd to see the little skaters in their skates and hockey outfits (and the little girl skaters who had their figure skating sessions just before the hockey sessions) mingling with the little kids in bathing suits all in the same line in the snack bar!

Lad, Thanks for reminding me of a good memory!

dpp

S

sk8tngcanuck

Spring/Summer Skating

My daughter starts spring session on Monday and skates til the end of May. As for summer, that remains to be seen. Right now she wants to skate all year, but we will see how she feels when all her other friends are out playing in the sun and she has to put on her woolly tights and mittens to go skate! I hope she decides to forego summer skating as I feel it is important for her to have a life away from an ice rink, especially at her age.

Time will tell!

Canuck

S

Sk8Bunny

summer skating

Yeah, I skate in the spring and summer. Also winter and fall. Actually, imp, the spring and summer are the most important time for skating cause that is when you learn all your new programs and jumps and work really hard on new elements. Of course, the competition season is just as important, but you wont compete well unless you skate and work hard during summer skating.
Sk8Bunny