2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 1005 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't find this too hard to accept since I'm already invested in the 3A, and then Kamila to follow ^_^

I just read through the last few pages of this thread and it’s kind of crazy. Alina said what she said. Let’s just all calm down and see what happens next season. Everyone was convinced Evgenia would and/or should retire after the Olympics. It is just part of being a skater in a very competitive country. I don’t think anyone posting in here wants to see these skaters retire young. However, we are all very aware of the fact that they have the right to retire and may have respectable reasons for doing so. I personally value longevity, but each skater is an individual and they have their own opinions and will make their own choices. I would like to see Alina and Evgenia succeed next season and show fans that success in Russia does not have to be short lived like it has been previously. Such talents should never feel the need to step aside for a new generation. Both can exist simultaneously. Be positive! :luv17:

What did Alina say?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Bravo, Liza! She did not just play bowling in Japan after all. She is so sharp and confident now that adding another 3A looks like a no-brainer. And then, "ladies and gentlemen, welcome to try to beat me!"

skatenewbie

Medalist
Who would've thought Liza would be #2 in SB this year! First 2 clean program. So happy she ended this season in a good note after missing EC and WC

Fluture

Record Breaker
Liza and Sofia both were awesome today! Great way to end the season for both of them! :yahoo:

Liza looked so confident! What a performance! Sofia seemed tired after such a long season but she still had a clean skate. The consistency of this girl is mind-blowing.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Liza is my hero! What a fabulous SP and FS she put out.

Also her Lutz is amaaaazing, all others can go home :p

madison

Record Breaker
What did Alina say?

I've read what Daniil said in his most recent interview: that Alina is fully training, jumping and everything, and there is no thought of retirement (at least this is what i understood).
Honestly, I dont think she will have a quad or a triple Axel next season (as she will have some shows, holiday, the schedule is really tight and it takes time to have a consistent C element). Time will tell if she really needs those, there is always a chance to win or medal even without them.

starla16

Medalist
Liza would have been a World Champion again had she been sent to Worlds ?
she almost beat Alina here with WTT score.

so furious !!!

Arbitrary

Medalist
Euguenia Medvedeva in her today's interview explained she's not training right now.
- It's forbidden. To jump, to skate. I still feel the consequences of my trauma at WC. I'm in Moscow resting, meeting with friends etc.

Feel better!

starla16

Medalist
Would they have left Sofia off the Worlds team for Tuk ?
wonder why it was never realised or thought off. Tuk would have given Zagitova a run for her money.

elysium

On the Ice
wonder why it was never realised or thought off. Tuk would have given Zagitova a run for her money.

Sofia won EC after all. It was fair that she got the chance to go to WC.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
The OP has its final update :)

Some highlights:
- Russian ladies won 57 international medals, including 27 gold medals
- Russian ladies occupy half of the top 24 SB list spots

- Alina won Worlds and now has every major title that she could earn. She's also atop the SB list
- Sofia had a wonderful senior debut, including becoming European Champion
- Liza came back this season to slay and is now #2 on the SB list
- Alexandra landed the world's first 4Lz by a female this season
- Anna landed her 4Lz to win Russian Nationals
- Evgenia rebounded from her earlier disappointments to snatch bronze at Worlds
- Anna Tarusina had a great international debut season (2 years after it was supposed to happen :( - this time she could skate at the first JGP after all)
- All of the 3A won a major title this year (JGPF for Alena, RusNats for Anna, RusJrNats and JWC for Alexandra)
- Alena Kanysheva medaled at the JGPF
- Serafima had some excellent showings, including scoring 200+ at Tallinn Trophy

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I've read what Daniil said in his most recent interview: that Alina is fully training, jumping and everything, and there is no thought of retirement (at least this is what i understood).
Honestly, I dont think she will have a quad or a triple Axel next season (as she will have some shows, holiday, the schedule is really tight and it takes time to have a consistent C element). Time will tell if she really needs those, there is always a chance to win or medal even without them.
That is what daniil said but alina did not say anything. We dont know if this is what she says and wants to do.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France

Well Alina still beat her and Liza had more time to train for WTT because she wasn’t in great shape last month and it’s not the same context either.
Sofia deserves her spot but it would be interesting to see Liza at worlds.

Scott512

Record Breaker

That about sums it up. Thanks.

I also don't think she will add a quad or triple Axel next season since she's already won everything and there are risks with training and then performing quads and triple Axel in competition. Everyone else who does quads and triple axels is trying to win the medals and all the major titles Alina has already won at 16.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France

She still can medall without 3A and quad if she polishes her triples and she also can improve her step sequences

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
That about sums it up. Thanks.

I also don't think she will add a quad or triple Axel next season since she's already won everything and there are risks with training and then performing quads and triple Axel in competition. Everyone else who does quads and triple axels is trying to win the medals and all the major titles Alina has already won at 16.
I actually think this is the reason she SHOULD start trying out the more difficult jumps. She’s won everything already, Russia doesn’t need to worry about being competitive or retaining spots, so this is the perfect opportunity for her to take some risks if she wants to experiment with 3A or quad.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I actually think this is the reason she SHOULD start trying out the more difficult jumps. She’s won everything already, Russia doesn’t need to worry about being competitive or retaining spots, so this is the perfect opportunity for her to take some risks if she wants to experiment with 3A or quad.

I think it entirely depends on Alina wanting to progress in figure skating or stay at her current level, where she will be overtaken in a season or two.
Khrustalniy is the most progressive rink in the world right now, if Alina really wants to stay level or even in front of the younger seniors, she'll have to apply herself.
Wether the rewards satisfy the investments in time, energy and possible pain is up to Alina to decide for herself.
There will come a moment when she has to let go of being number one, but I think she is reasonable and level headed about her prospects and what it takes.

VenusHalley

Final Flight

she should do it only if she can do it without injuries. She spent this season all taped up and has that chronic condition (I don't recall the name). So I hope she does not go training the more risky elements if it should cause her pain and problems. No medals are worth it. She is at place where she could more on from competitive skating to doing shows and getting big buck for it.

I think my winning the worlds Alina secured her Olympic champion PCS and so she may be able to medal if she skates clean without quads.

I feel with this "quad" revolutions that we may see a rule change, it ladies event turn into one big splat fest of girls trying quads and landing like 25% of them (I am not talking just about the Russians here... others may try as well and I am kinda not exited about ten underrotated splatquads at every event).

Also... I feel bit irritated about Alëna jumping despite being advised not to. I want to see her develop and grow, not get reinjured pointless for nothing. :(