2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 1006 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just saw Liza's FP from WTT. Spectacular. The fact that she is gorgeous is just a bonus. So proud of her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I actually think this is the reason she SHOULD start trying out the more difficult jumps. She’s won everything already, Russia doesn’t need to worry about being competitive or retaining spots, so this is the perfect opportunity for her to take some risks if she wants to experiment with 3A or quad.

I hope Alina feels as you do about it if she does then she will do it if she doesn't she will not.

Scott512

Record Breaker
she should do it only if she can do it without injuries. She spent this season all taped up and has that chronic condition (I don't recall the name). So I hope she does not go training the more risky elements if it should cause her pain and problems. No medals are worth it. She is at place where she could more on from competitive skating to doing shows and getting big buck for it.

I think my winning the worlds Alina secured her Olympic champion PCS and so she may be able to medal if she skates clean without quads.

I feel with this "quad" revolutions that we may see a rule change, it ladies event turn into one big splat fest of girls trying quads and landing like 25% of them (I am not talking just about the Russians here... others may try as well and I am kinda not exited about ten underrotated splatquads at every event).

Also... I feel bit irritated about Alëna jumping despite being advised not to. I want to see her develop and grow, not get reinjured pointless for nothing. :(

Alena is so good I only want her to skate if she's feeling good. skating in a major championship like the Olympics or World championship or european championship or Russian Nationals with a minor injury is one thing but certainly not in the off-season.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I just saw Liza's FP from WTT. Spectacular. The fact that she is gorgeous is just a bonus. So proud of her.

She had more time to train and she is in great shape now. If she beat zhenia maybe she would medal at worlds.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Seems like Eteri has found out the advantages of Instagram. Well, good for her and good for us, it means we‘ll find out directly when one of the 3A first lands a 3A. :laugh:

taylor1

On the Ice
Liza would have been a World Champion again had she been sent to Worlds ?
she almost beat Alina here with WTT score.

so furious !!!

She would have scored much lower at Worlds. I mean WTT is where Zhenya miraculously scored a 160

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
This does not sound good for Evgenia, not just the fact she is not able to train, but the fact she is injured again in such a short time.

Euguenia Medvedeva in her today's interview explained she's not training right now.
- It's forbidden. To jump, to skate. I still feel the consequences of my trauma at WC. I'm in Moscow resting, meeting with friends etc.

Feel better!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This does not sound good for Evgenia, not just the fact she is not able to train, but the fact she is injured again in such a short time.

We knew she was injured already - it's the hip/thigh injury that she was dealing with at Worlds.

tempo

On the Ice
Open competition of the Snow Leopards sports school.
Moscow, 16.04.2019. Free skate.
Live stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=s01v0LjY1PA

Veronika Zhilina will skate here about 3 hours later. She is first after the short program.

Scott512

Record Breaker
What exactly is her injury and what do you mean by injured again in such a short time? Did she get injured after worlds too?

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
That‘s the same injury from Worlds. She skated her FS on painkillers. There is no new injury, but this one turned out to be more serious.