2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

LRK

Record Breaker
Being doubtful, critical or even pessimistic does not equal panicking or writing skaters off.

This thread is not a fan fest, but general place to exchange opinions on the state of Russian ladies - both positive and negative.

I assure you that no one is in any danger of mistaking this for a fan thread - for seniors.

But you ignored my main point. It's the off season. I thought it bore pointing out as this blindingly obvious fact somehow seems to have escaped everyone's notice.

However, it's good that you are merely "doubtful, critical and pessimistic" - whilst not panicking or writing skaters off:

"I would be more careful, watching Medvedeva hosting TV shows, Pogorilaya with broken backbone, Radionova completely out of shape jumping doubles in shows, Tuktamysheva withdrawing from free programs in local competitions, Tsurskaya in unknown state with knee disease, potential newcomers Panenkova and Gubanova battling with puberty and adjusting to new coaches, etc."

(shrug)

Carry on, people.

tars

Record Breaker
I've no idea where you see the sign of panic in above statement, but yeah, let's better carry on. :confused2:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Some words from Eteri re OG:

"I am very glad that Zagitova and Medvedeva managed to show such a beautiful fight at the Olympics"
Eteri Tutberidze, the coach of Russian figure skaters Yevgenia Medvedeva and Alina Zagitova, received the "Silver doe" awards for her wards, who were recognized as the best sportswomen of 2017. "Thank you for believing in us. I'm very glad that we managed to show such a beautiful romantic struggle - probably, many have tears in their eyes. I think this Olympics will be remembered for a long time, "Tutberidze said.

Great words from the coach of the year.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I assure you that no one is in any danger of mistaking this for a fan thread - for seniors.

But you ignored my main point. It's the off season. I thought it bore pointing out as this blindingly obvious fact somehow seems to have escaped everyone's notice.

However, it's good that you are merely "doubtful, critical and pessimistic" - whilst not panicking or writing skaters off:

"I would be more careful, watching Medvedeva hosting TV shows, Pogorilaya with broken backbone, Radionova completely out of shape jumping doubles in shows, Tuktamysheva withdrawing from free programs in local competitions, Tsurskaya in unknown state with knee disease, potential newcomers Panenkova and Gubanova battling with puberty and adjusting to new coaches, etc."

(shrug)

Carry on, people.

I know Pogo has back problems but I didn't know she had a broken back bone. I hope that is a great exaggeration. If Anna is done as a competitive figure skater I sure hope she can skate in the shows and show off her beauty and make a nice career of that. The most of all I hope she can get healthy again and live without pain in her back. As for Elena I've seen her skate and one of those shows recently there's some video on YouTube and she looks amazing. She looks incredible and it's skating beautifully but if she's not in Tip-Top shape for competitions I'm pretty sure at her age she can get back in competition shape if she wants to. The question is does she want to go through the grind again and get out there with Medvedeva and Zagitova and little Alena ad others and battle them for Podium spots? if she does great if not that's okay too she can have a nice career doing shows around the world.

but I am sad that Radianova never made an Olympic team. all of it comes down to lock and timing and when you were born. I adore Alina Zagitova she is my favorite. But everything broke her away this year until the World Championships. Alina was born at the right time for these Olympics. That's part of the game isn't it?

alvina9894

Final Flight
Anna sustained a spinal fracture last season and is currently on conservative treatment, wanting a comeback but the degree of her recovery is still unknown.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Anna sustained a spinal fracture last season and is currently on conservative treatment, wanting a comeback but the degree of her recovery is still unknown.

Wow, I didn't know she actually had a spinal fracture. I hope she can recover :(

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

I thought you meant Shcherbakova injured herself again and I was about to find a hole and cry in it

Scott512

Record Breaker

That sounds serious. Hope Anna makes a full recovery for life first and foremost then her career. The punishment figure skaters go through is amazing they really are warriors as athletes go.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhBiwJJpTZ4
Berestovskaya was good too

What did she say?

She said she wants to be Olympic champion :biggrin: Also she likes Tatiana Navka and she wanted to be taken into her team (due to her fall only Kostomarov likes her enough though). It was just one of qualifying stages. Later, when four "couches" will make their teams (3 dance pairs plus 3 single skaters) - they will compete against each other with, I hope, some new programs. Considering that among those coaches are 3 dancers and one pair skater - it's no wonder they can't discern real talent easily.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States