2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

madison

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhBiwJJpTZ4
Berestovskaya was good too

She said she wants to be Olympic champion :biggrin: Also she likes Tatiana Navka and she wanted to be taken into her team (due to her fall only Kostomarov likes her enough though). It was just one of qualifying stages. Later, when four "couches" will make their teams (3 dance pairs plus 3 single skaters) - they will compete against each other with, I hope, some new programs. Considering that among those coaches are 3 dancers and one pair skater - it's no wonder they can't discern real talent easily.

Off topic
I've noticed this dance couple... they fall, but they are so good, great musicality and basics skills: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QuCzelwZFs&t=59s
And also very cute..:love:

russianfan

Match Penalty
look who is participating at the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PakSq2CqHnk
she speaks much more confident than even Alina in her 15s

Btw i've just realized that even on this show, CSKA lobby is so strong :biggrin:
Look:
1) Akatieva(Sambo 70): attempted probably the hardest content of all girls (3Lz-3T, 3F), rotated all, fell on a flip (but has proven later that this is just a coincidence) - receives 3 thumbs down, only 1 thumb up.
2) Berestovskaya(CSKA): only 2 jumps, easier content (3Lo, 3S) - receives 4 thumbs up.
:biggrin:

P.S. but i agree that Berestovskaya was way better as a performer, very engaging

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yeah, I noticed that too
Liza, whom I really do love, 3Lo, wonky 3S without combo AH YES THE HERO THE FUTURE WE MUST ALL LOVE HER (hmmm... the CSKA jacket they showed in the training video a lot... does that have anything to do with that... hmmm)
Sonya, whom I also really love, 3Lz(r)-3T, 3F(fall) with her best spin ever but then proves that she can do a wonderful flip later AH NO WE CANNOT TAKE HER, WE TOOK GIRLS WHO ONLY DID DOUBLES BUT THIS GIRL, NO CAN'T DO IT...

Grin

Medalist
Yeah, I noticed that too
Liza, whom I really do love, 3Lo, wonky 3S without combo AH YES THE HERO THE FUTURE WE MUST ALL LOVE HER (hmmm... the CSKA jacket they showed in the training video a lot... does that have anything to do with that... hmmm)
Sonya, whom I also really love, 3Lz(r)-3T, 3F(fall) with her best spin ever but then proves that she can do a wonderful flip later AH NO WE CANNOT TAKE HER, WE TOOK GIRLS WHO ONLY DID DOUBLES BUT THIS GIRL, NO CAN'T DO IT...

May be they were using new rulebook provided by Mr Lakernik? )

alvina9894

Final Flight
I think ice dancers just purely don't care about jumps.

Lena Karpova I understand, great presence on ice and engaging performance despite the fall.
It was Diana Zubkova who confuses me. She did only crossovers, URed the combo (bad flow between the two jumps too) and fell on an UR axel, and got three thumbs up? Only thumb down was from a pairs skater, thank you very much. I believe I heard Adelina Sotnikova's name somewhere through her programme.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Yeah, I really liked Lena and saw how they could have picked her
But Diana? more thumbs up than Sofia Akatieva one of the best talents of this century??

russianfan

Match Penalty
Yeah, I noticed that too

why CAPS though... :biggrin:

tars

Record Breaker
Exploring Russian language/culture through figure skating, part 193467654567:
- understanding of second most popular comment under sports.ru article on Zagitova's lack of boyfriend: "Гусары молчать". :laugh2:

Sorry for :eek:topic:, I had to. :rofl:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
- understanding of second most popular comment under sports.ru article on Zagitova's lack of boyfriend: "Гусары молчать". :laugh2:

I hate the sports.ru forum. There are many bad FS fans there! Or I don't know they are really FS fans or just trolls.

russianfan

Match Penalty

did you know meaning of that or you had to google that? if first, that would mean not only some serious knowledge of russian but russan anecdotes as well :laugh:

Grin

Medalist

It can't be translated literally, it's simial to "я и бал". You can also goole "поручик Ржевский"
Sorry for :eek:topic:

tars

Record Breaker
did you know meaning of that or you had to google that? if first, that would mean not only some serious knowledge of russian but russan anecdotes as well :laugh:
I had to google it and it was definitely worth looking up! :rofl:

The anecdote itself is quite raunchy and not even that funny, but the way the phrase has been used under the article seems totally hilarious to me*. :laugh2:
It's basically shortening, therefore depriving obscene joke of it's swear words to create the funny and civilized phrase used when you actually want to avoid obscenic remarks in regard to something.
Do I understand the use of it correctly or maybe I'm missing the point? :think:

* - and to be completely honest, quite accurate... :biggrin: