2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

russianfan

Match Penalty
I had to google it and it was definitely worth looking up! :rofl:

The anecdote itself is quite raunchy and not even that funny, but the way the phrase has been used under the article seems totally hilarious to me*. :laugh2:
It's basically shortening, therefore depriving obscene joke of it's swear words to create the funny and civilized phrase used when you actually want to avoid obscenic remarks in regard to something.
Do I understand the use of it correctly or maybe I'm missing the point? :think:

* - and to be completely honest, quite accurate... :biggrin:

Also the thing is that when you saying that phrase to avoid some obscene jokes you basically provoking to do exactly that, so yeah... quite close :biggrin:

end of the :eek:topic:

katymay

Medalist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhBiwJJpTZ4
Berestovskaya was good too

She said she wants to be Olympic champion :biggrin: Also she likes Tatiana Navka and she wanted to be taken into her team (due to her fall only Kostomarov likes her enough though). It was just one of qualifying stages. Later, when four "couches" will make their teams (3 dance pairs plus 3 single skaters) - they will compete against each other with, I hope, some new programs. Considering that among those coaches are 3 dancers and one pair skater - it's no wonder they can't discern real talent easily.

Someone posted a competition she was in a few months ago. She is wonderful, and only 10. Oh my. Can't get over the wonderful transitions into her jumps and spins. Huge talent, the whole package.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
The top 2 Russian juniors from this season aren’t led enough for the senior GP. So will we even get a breakout Russian talent this coming GP season???

Gubanova. Konstantinova. Guliakova. Samodurova. I think these girls are the only newbies that are old enough to be on the senior GP later this year. Who will rise?

Grin

Medalist
The top 2 Russian juniors from this season aren’t led enough for the senior GP. So will we even get a breakout Russian talent this coming GP season???

Gubanova. Konstantinova. Guliakova. Samodurova. I think these girls are the only newbies that are old enough to be on the senior GP later this year. Who will rise?

And what can you say about Panenkova?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

DASHA!!!! Dasha will reign victorious!!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
When does the second set of episodes of that Ice Age show come out? I'm ready to see Akatieva slay them all :love: and see Berestovskaya spin her way into the judges' hearts :)

nipman

On the Ice
I think Dasha has the consistency and her rippon jumps are impressive. But she needs better programs and choreo.

alvina9894

Final Flight
I'd like to ask if there is any English sub for the ice age kids show? I barely understand any of the autogenerated sub on YouTube and I really want to know what they're saying

russianfan

Match Penalty
I'd like to ask if there is any English sub for the ice age kids show? I barely understand any of the autogenerated sub on YouTube and I really want to know what they're saying

You dont wanna know :biggrin:
Seems like they're praising CSKA skaters and quite harsh towards others. I haven't watched personally, but from what i read in sports.ru, some comments from Tarasova and others are pretty harsh.

Few examples:

Averbuch to 8yo girl
You should go to ice dance, i see that you don't have jump amplitude and you will never have it

Tarasova to 9yo girl
9 years is the age when you should jump triples. Girls around you jump triples and combos. Come back next year.

Tarasova to some pair
How long are you skating together? One year? I see. That's not enough. Thank you for coming. I love you, goodbye.

So, my opinion: typical TV show just for ratings. Don't expect too much. To be honest i don't know why those kids(most of whom are professional skaters, one of the best in Russia among their age) go there, may be they're getting good money for it. I just hope that those kids won't take this bs from those so-called judges seriously.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I agree about harsh judging and visible cska bias :sarcasm:
There were kids who made small mistakes and got really nasty comments and kids from cska who after not so great skate were almost named future OGM. However I loved Yagudin and Evgenia in this show. They are darlings to these kids and Zhenya always encourage them to never give up and work harder. I loved how one boy cried after they rejected him (btw he was great performer. His jumps were yikes but he will be amazing at ice shows one day I hope) but later after talk with Evgenia he had really stern look and said something like "I'll go train harder how to become the champion" :biggrin:
(
Tarasova and Averbukh have no place in this show but Navka can be sweet and Trankov can be sassy ("Don't listen to this ice dancers lobby"). And I always like to watch young figure skaters

r2d2

On the Ice
You dont wanna know :biggrin:

So, my opinion: typical TV show just for ratings. Don't expect too much. To be honest i don't know why those kids(most of whom are professional skaters, one of the best in Russia among their age) go there, may be they're getting good money for it. I just hope that those kids won't take this bs from those so-called judges seriously.

according to rusfed it is their project and rostelecom. better be nice to sponsors and federation when they ask to take part in their show:biggrin:

Elucidus

Match Penalty
When does the second set of episodes of that Ice Age show come out? I'm ready to see Akatieva slay them all :love: and see Berestovskaya spin her way into the judges' hearts :)

As I understood - each sunday. Nevertheless first couple of episodes will be qualifying stages - so you'll not see Akatieva/Berestovskaya performances until 4 "coaches" will complete their teams (each team gotta have 3 single skaters+3 dance pairs) to compete against each other. It explains why they are so harsh actually - they have to since there are only few who can particpate among many contenders (afaik 20 skaters+20 pairs). Considering how strong talents are in russian fs - judges harshness is inevitable.

this bs from those so-called judges seriously.
My only consolation is that past qualification all decisions considering who is winner will be made by spectators sms voting.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Yes, if it means Akatieva wins :)
Love your jokes there :) how many of our foreign friends are just really done with this whole fiasco?